Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Gutsman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2012, 1:43 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Gutsman wrote:
Everyone either says, we don't help people with Aspergers, go away (NextStep...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeXTSTEP

NeXTSTEP never helped me get a job either, no one uses it... :P

Yeah, like Connexions they're just there to herd chavs towards BTECs and NVQs, unfortunately. I only tried them because they were free to use, and I'm hardly rolling in money at the moment. :(

Gutsman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2012, 1:48 pm

smudge wrote:
smudge wrote:
First of all, where do you live? Then people will be more able to help you with nearby services.

Well, I tried.

It's none of your sodding business where I live.

Gutsman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2012, 1:51 pm

peebo wrote:
aye it's unfortunate that their funding has tied them to the jobcentre. it's actually close to an extension of workfare slavery, or at least was when i last checked. work for 12 weeks for free and you might get a job in sainsburys.
Exactly this mate, it's like any organisation that might theoretically be able to help is only interested in rounding you up for workfare, not helping you to actually get into proper paying work (and thus becoming a taxpayer!).

Quote:
rather than trying to find direct assistance from organisations like nas, have you thought about looking round third sector organisations in your area with a view to volunteering? this can often lead to paid employment eventually, and at worst gives you some good experience for the cv and hopefully a good reference.

Can't get on with that, don't have any references to get voluntary work when I've tried, and nothing is suitable nearby in terms of "work" and transport availability. I have tried my local volunteer service, but they count me as mental handicapped etc and just tell me to do gardening. It's not worth the stress of going back to ask about voluntary work, and really, I'm not willing to risk my benefits by doing it.

Kirsty_84
Raven
Raven

22 Jan 2012, 3:35 pm

Gutsman wrote:
smudge wrote:
smudge wrote:
First of all, where do you live? Then people will be more able to help you with nearby services.

Well, I tried.

It's none of your sodding business where I live.

:roll:

You've spent nearly two years asking the same questions on various forums - or should I say 'wasted' two years ...

You had very good advice from people on the BBC Ouch board. You can still read this information even thought the forum is closed to new messages. It can be slow to load:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/messageboards/MP14713938

I know from experience that the 'perfect' workplace for an aspie is not out there, despite what the government and employers say. My previous workplace had the investors in people award but couldn't give a stuff about my disability.

You've previously stated that you can't leave the house and go shopping, for example, alone. I don't know how you think you are going to leave the house and go to a workplace without getting some help first.

To be blunt, you are wasting your life waiting for the 'perfect' job. Swallow your pride and take whatever help you can, even gardening, it WILL help. It is something to put on your CV. You can't moan about having nothing on your CV when you won't just TRY something.