If you found someone to be uninteresting...

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 10:03 am

Would you still reply to their IM messages out of politeness. I mean how long would you continue before you just either ignored them or told them to stop cause you weren't interested.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 10:16 am

You're autistic and a grownup - why are you doing anything out of politeness? I ignore anything that doesn't specifically interest me.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Jan 2012, 10:58 am

I would still reply because there's a very small possibility that she would be willing to give me a chance & she would probably become interesting to me after I know here more if she was interested in me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

mar00
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 10:59 am

Sometimes politeness is a shortcut. However, no offence, as for a female I think aggressive approach should work the best. I.e. telling a clear NO.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 11:13 am

fraac wrote:
You're autistic and a grownup - why are you doing anything out of politeness? I ignore anything that doesn't specifically interest me.

This, basically.

If it's someone I want to be a bit nice to, I'll continue the conversation with one word answers so it ends quickly. They should get the message soon enough.

Last edited by Asp-Z on 14 Jan 2012, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 11:18 am

Thanks for the responses. I wasn't sure if the male view was pretty much the same.

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jan 2012, 2:18 pm

I generally change the topic onto my interests. If they are boring me, than I kind of take over. They are usually the one who staops responding my my IM's

AQ: 36

awes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2012, 4:50 pm

I do answer as long as it makes sense in any way. either if this person has practical use for me, or gives me a good feeling or says nice things to me. I would not end to talk to this person until the person either gives a signal to stop or doesn't say anything that I could answer to. If nothing of this is the case I would say goodbye politely.
Concerning women, I don't want to have to win somebodies heart, that would be submissive, it would express that I consider myself as inferior to her. Either she has to win my heart or ideally it has to be mutual. If she relies on being won by me we wouldn't ever find together. But if she is direct and charming I would eternally continue to want to be with her no matter who she is because I simply love the feeling of being adored.

---> ;D http://www.youtube.com/user/IIIIIawesIIIII

YOU'RE ALL WELCOME!

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 5:26 pm

fraac wrote:

Just because you are an adult and are on the spectrum doesn't mean you are exempt from the rules of society. You don't get a free pass to be rude just because of those two things. If you can't help it, that's one thing, but it sounds like you purposefully do it knowing it's rude.

As for the OP, just give short answers and take a while to answer. They eventually get the message. If they don't then simply stop answering.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 6:09 pm

curlyfry wrote:
Would you still reply to their IM messages out of politeness. I mean how long would you continue before you just either ignored them or told them to stop cause you weren't interested.

I've found that when I see someone as boring it's because I don't know them well enough. Because of this, I continue to respond until they either stop sending PMs or I have to tell them we don't mesh well (which generally has nothing to do with boredom)

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 6:49 pm

curlyfry wrote:

Good question. Because I've been on the "sending" side of this one and had no idea how to interpret the replies I got. I can't tell the difference if someone is just being polite or not.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 7:26 pm

dianthus wrote:
curlyfry wrote:

Good question. Because I've been on the "sending" side of this one and had no idea how to interpret the replies I got. I can't tell the difference if someone is just being polite or not.

It's a good hint if the messages you get back are really short with little info & doesn't ask you any questions or things for you to talk about or comment on. That happened with most everyone I've had conversations with on dating sites after a couple messages or they just didn't respond after a couple

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 7:29 pm

Short worded answers usually means they aren't interested...for laughs I have seen people do essays just to wind them up.

I usually give short worded sentences if I am not interested either...but I do try to make an effort since they did respond to me.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 7:30 pm

iceveela wrote:
I generally change the topic onto my interests. If they are boring me, than I kind of take over. They are usually the one who staops responding my my IM's

Wee, there go all my relationships

I employ this one all the time.

I guess you don't want to pretend to be interested in people when you're not, as you're doing yourselves both a disservice.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 7:40 pm

nick007 wrote:
dianthus wrote:
curlyfry wrote:

It's a good hint if the messages you get back are really short with little info & doesn't ask you any questions or things for you to talk about or comment on. That happened with most everyone I've had conversations with on dating sites after a couple messages or they just didn't respond after a couple

See, I respond with short messages which hold little information and don't ask questions quite often, but it's not because I don't find the person interesting. Usually, I'm just drawing a blank.

Unless I've ignored a PM from you or got the impression you were finished talking to me, it's a safe bet I don't find you uninteresting.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 7:59 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
nick007 wrote:
dianthus wrote:
curlyfry wrote:

See, I respond with short messages which hold little information and don't ask questions quite often, but it's not because I don't find the person interesting. Usually, I'm just drawing a blank.

Unless I've ignored a PM from you or got the impression you were finished talking to me, it's a safe bet I don't find you uninteresting.

Even if that is/was the case. It's extremely difficult to have a relationship with the person when they don't or cant give you much to talk about. I try to ask questions or talk about something else when I draw a blank to keep the conversation going. I rather talk to myself in my head than to keep typing out messages that give me that same feeling