Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 12:39 pm

When I right click and select "save picture as" my only option is bmp. I used to be able to save in jpg and I don't know what happened. Sometimes, very rarely, it will let me save in jpg, but for the most part the only option is bmp. How can I get it back to jpg?

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 8:23 pm

Are you referring to saving images from a website using your browser? It will save it as the image format the site is storing it as. Just open it up with some image editing software after saving it and convert it to JPEG.

truth15ful
Raven
Raven

14 Jan 2012, 10:45 pm

But my advice is not to save it to JPG either, use PNG instead.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 11:03 pm

Burzum wrote:
Are you referring to saving images from a website using your browser? It will save it as the image format the site is storing it as. Just open it up with some image editing software after saving it and convert it to JPEG.

Yes. I need to be able to save in JPG as soon as I save it.

Avantrix
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jan 2012, 12:43 am

MagicMeerkat wrote:
Burzum wrote:

Yes. I need to be able to save in JPG as soon as I save it.

You wont be able to, unless you find a download manager that batch processes your images as you download them and converts them to jpg, I'm sure there must be software like that available.

otherwise you are stuck with Burzum's solution : P

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 10:09 am

PNG is better for animated graphics, and JPG is acceptable for photos. BMP is raw uncompressed data. Nothing is lost, but hard drive space is sacrificed