Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2012, 11:08 am

Since I started college I swear every other person has one of those hideous bags with "Paul's Boutique" or "I <3 PB" stamped on them. The quilted jackets are even worse.

Am I the only person on the planet who thinks they're fugly? Or is it an ironic thing and people like them BECAUSE they're ugly? :?

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 11:14 am

Wasn't "Paul's Boutique" a Beastie Boys album?

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 12:52 pm

Guineapigged wrote:
I swear every other person has one of those hideous bags with "Paul's Boutique" or "I <3 PB" stamped on them

I remember seeing the bags saying "I love PB" and mistaking it for "I love peanut butter". Horrible fashion trend for people with no individuality, almost as bad as playboy bunny tracksuits.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 1:00 pm

Egg man.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 1:48 pm

Grisha wrote:
Wasn't "Paul's Boutique" a Beastie Boys album?

Haha, yeah.

I'm not in the UK so I can't say I've seen people with "Paul's Boutique" things; however, I do think that the pictures you posted are of ugly things.

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2012, 2:08 pm

Wolfheart wrote:
Guineapigged wrote:
I swear every other person has one of those hideous bags with "Paul's Boutique" or "I <3 PB" stamped on them

I remember seeing the bags saying "I love PB" and mistaking it for "I love peanut butter". Horrible fashion trend for people with no individuality, almost as bad as playboy bunny tracksuits.

Haha, I did too! I imagine they wouldn't take off in America because everybody would assume PB stands for peanut butter.

Paul's Boutique seems to be the new Burberry ... extremely tacky, but inexplicably expensive.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 2:19 pm

Hi, Everybody, I live in Southern California, and there's TONS of stuff; t-shirts, bumper stickers, coffee mugs, etcetera, that say 'I LOVE PB'...it refers to Pacific Beach, an ocean front town by San Diego.

Sylkat

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 2:28 pm

I wouldn't mind owning a jacket like that in blue, if I could find it in my size. However, I wouldn't want to be seen with a Barbie purse. That's the last thing that I need to be carrying due to my gender issues.