This young looking thing is starting to creep people out...

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 7:09 pm

Yes, I have gotten this and I'm not even old yet. I get carded all the freaking time. Only a year from my 30th birthday and people think I'm a teen trying to score booze... :?

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 7:31 pm

Grisha wrote:
Fnord wrote:
and my high-school classmates look ancient.

That's really the scariest thing - seeing your peers morphed into unrecognizeable caricatures of their former selves.

Although in some cases, it's kind of sweet... :twisted:

Can't tell you how many times I've been in the grocery store and thought, "Why does that old man look so familiar?" and then realized it was someone I went to high school with. :lol:

But really, people do act suspicious and resentful.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 7:32 pm

I was carded at the 7-Eleven down the street from where I live when I bought myself a scratch and win, a week after my 37th Birthday.

NeverEnder
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2012, 7:40 pm

shrox wrote:
I have been visiting a small town (Loleta, Calif.) near where I live every few years for about 10 years. This last time people I knew there acted kind of odd, finally someone said it's because I don't appear to have aged, and it something that they noticed even more this time. It was kind of a Twilight Zone feeling, anybody else have this almost Highlander reaction as you get older?

Hello. I have the same thing. It appears I do not really age. So people say. I am almost 41.

Perhaps it is my Elvish DNA?

And I'll be your ghost.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 8:07 pm

This is me at 15 with my family

This is me a few weeks ago after i dyed my hair brown. (My hair has since made all the dye fall out and I am a sandy blonde again.

So I'm never in a rush

klausnrooster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jan 2012, 10:04 pm

Same here. Late 40's and can pass for 30 something. Solvejg i'm too lazy to walk to my underwear drawer where I am to understand you are. You do look the same as at 15, but i don't know if you're 25 or 45. I guess that's the point.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 11:06 pm

That happens to me all the time, too. When I tell people my age, they don't believe me - but I take it as a compliment that people think I look younger than I really am. Once you hit middle age, it becomes more of an advantage, IMHO. Some people age faster or slower than others, simple as that. If it creeps other people out, that's their problem. Anybody remember Dick Clark (Host of American Bandstand, $10,000 Pyramid, and New Year's Eve Specials)? He NEVER seemed to age at all! :lol:

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 11:47 pm

yeah i still get carded for alcohol sometimes. at work they call me Benjamin Button and/or Merlin cuz they say i am ageing backwards. but i do have wrinkles and stuff.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 3:20 pm

Yes, we look young, but has anyone you've known a while act weird towards you about it? Like almost suspicious of whether you are real or not!

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 3:33 pm

people think i am lying about my age (they assume i am pretending to be older, but why would anyone pretend to be 39? lol). doctors also think i am too young to have _X_ wrong with me. i've been told it's weird or unnatural that i look so young.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

16 Jan 2012, 10:27 pm

Well, I am young, so my purpose here is defeated.

DC1977
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jan 2012, 10:04 am

I had this happen last week, a colleague who I see occasionally at work refused to believe that I was in my mid thirties and that I must only be in my twenties, I didn't have any proof to show them at the time, so they still believe it.

It also happened when I was training for my current job, a mentor I had asked the innocent question 'So, did you decide to start your course when you left school?'. I was 29 at the time! I just take it as a compliment, though people I have not seen for years usually comment that I've not changed much, though they don't act odd around me.

Ellendra
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2012, 2:15 pm

NeverEnder wrote:
Perhaps it is my Elvish DNA?

^ This :D

I just turned 31. People still ask me which high school I go to.

The odd thing is, when I really was in high school, people thought I was much older. I even had someone mistake me for my older brother's mom once!!

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 2:21 pm

I'm 24.

/thread

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 2:51 pm

I used to get told a lot that I looked about 16 when I was 20. Now I don't hear that so much anymore. I wonder if I look my age now. I get asked for ID when buying alcohol, even though I pay for it using a visa debit card. :chin:

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 4:15 pm

I guess specifically I am asking, has anyone actually shunned you about it?