Autism in France: Psychoanalysis, Packing, Other Travesties

Page 16 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

traven
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2018, 2:42 am

lots of bollocks, houray

But the medical lobby is well imbedded- in bed with politics-
scandals erupting every year, imho the med sectr is a big thing on the gdp-meter, so interventions are obligated for the sake of chemical-medical survival of the fittest corporate toxin-producers

Things like this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Kouchner (check the french, there's no scandals on the english, (eg, organ-trafficing from kosovo)(unmentionned; med dumping disguised as med-aid)
whatever, this?? shows again, having done wrong s**t never holds back from the next golden position
/ was with the clintons in kosovo--ouf* all's well then 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

KeepOn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Apr 2019, 3:53 am

KevinsWither wrote:
I will like to say in defense that most countries around the world only are starting to have some idea of what Aspergers/Autism is. In my origin country, it isn't known well at all. Just remember that we are at the forefront.

America has too much reliance on ABA which can often be very cruel and oppressive in itself. I think countries like Britain, Sweden and the Netherlands are ahead.

synack
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2019, 3:05 am

Anyone living in France who could share some tips with me/us about the process of diagnosis in France?

I'm very curious and quite in a hurry as I want this to be done as soon as possible, and what I find on the interwebs is not entirely conclusive.

What do you think of the process? I was briefly explained and found it quite robust (they not only ask you but your family members and close family/friends). It seems that it takes a lot of time too - is it still the case?

I have another option for diagnosis in Switzerland (I live nearby) but it costs much more and I would have to cross fingers they take me because I am not a swiss resident.

Any feedback appreciated.

Lindsey1151
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Dec 2019, 11:04 am

KeepOn wrote:
KevinsWither wrote:
I will like to say in defense that most countries around the world only are starting to have some idea of what Aspergers/Autism is. In my origin country, it isn't known well at all. Just remember that we are at the forefront.

America has too much reliance on ABA which can often be very cruel and oppressive in itself. I think countries like Britain, Sweden and the Netherlands are ahead.

Yes I totally believe autism is more accepted in the UK then the states. But it is a bit more accepted in liberal cities like NYC and San Francisco then small towns and southern cities like Virginia Beach VA. Where I live is very big on ABA and they really push it here even for the high functioning autistic people.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2019, 12:29 pm

Lindsey1151 wrote:
KeepOn wrote:
KevinsWither wrote:

Yes I totally believe autism is more accepted in the UK then the states. But it is a bit more accepted in liberal cities like NYC and San Francisco then small towns and southern cities like Virginia Beach VA. Where I live is very big on ABA and they really push it here even for the high functioning autistic people.

ABA is the “gold standard” treatment pretty much everywhere in America.

Rural people are sometimes more accepting of eccentricities. An an example is Donald Triplett the first person diagnosed with Autism. In his very rural community he has always been liked, accepted, accommodated, and protected. Just because liberal sophisticated people use the language of acceptance and diversity compared with dated, racist terminology the “hicks” us does not men the sophisticates ar mor accepting in attitude or action, often the opposite is the case.

The UK is a prime example of look at what I do, not what I say.
Exclusion Of Autistics From School Rising Sharply In England
GPs In England Urged To Keep Register Of Autistics
Some Autistic Youths Detained In UK In 'Horrific' Conditions
I have also posted an article discussing the triage system of diagnosing due to austerity.

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman

Dendi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Nov 2020, 4:34 pm

Lindsey1151 wrote:
KeepOn wrote:
KevinsWither wrote:

i've actually heard that states are more tolerant than uk