Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

CocoNuts
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2012, 4:07 pm

Today I had a good experience with one of my biggest interests and I got really really hyper. I was out with some people and I just couldn't stop talking about absolutely random things and jumping up and down, I was sitting in an office chair and I kept on swinging and jumping and people commented on how hyper I was. I'm still excited but I'm exhausted so I'm not moving as much.
It also happend when I'm in highly stimulating environments but I'm not emotionally distressed (for instance in supermarkets, but not in the school canteen if I'm talking with someone because I get confused).
I have no idea if when I was talking I was talking with people or at people, or if this is normal behaviour. I'm a little confused because I might have looked really crazy and I'm not sure if that is better than the normal a bit depressed me because I have no self-awareness nor I am very aware of the rest of the world. :oops:

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 4:13 pm

I get like this sometimes. It's almost like I am manic but not quite as manic as a person with bipolar. I've got ADHD which could explain the hyperactivity.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 4:20 pm

It could be Cyclothymia. It is like bipolar but less severe. I have Aspergers + Cyclothymia + ADHD, so it is confusing to attribute various aspects of behaviour to one or the other.

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2012, 9:37 am

I think I get like this sometimes though I suffer from depression, which has to confuse my therapists :roll: I understand this feeling... It is confusing and frustrating sometimes but if i knew you i'd like to see you be excited sometimes :wink: