Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Rai27
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jan 2012, 12:22 pm

There are some boys in my class at school (I am a girl in year 9 in England for those of you who care about that) who USED to be kind of mean to me and I would class what they did to me then as bullying. However the very nice NT girls in my class have talked to these boys - one in particular who used to be the main problem - about what they were doing (if you girls ever read this, which you probably won't but oh well, then thank you!!) and the bullying has stopped. Sort of.
The 'one in particular' I mentioned has not said or done anything since before the Christmas break. However some of the other boys have complained about sitting next to me in class/working with me. They don't do it so it's obvious. For example in History, the boy who sits next to me was reminded by another boy that he had to sit next to me for the rest of the year, at which point he asked the teacher for a new seating plan. This was not done so I could hear, I just overheard it accidentally. Also in the same lesson today there was water on some of the desks and some people were told to move. The boy who sits next to me decided to move because of a small amount of water on his desk. He moved to share his desk with another boy and he didn't have proper space. One of the girls asked him why he wasn't sitting next to me (or at least I think that's what she said) and he shrugged. He might have replied as well but I didn't hear.
There are lots more examples of things like this in most of my lessons. This has been going on for a long time as well, as I can remember the 'one in particular' mentioned earlier saying "I'm not working with that thing" during a year 7 History lesson - two years ago.
So does this count as bullying or not? I know it is mean but it is not to my face and I don't think they are actually TRYING to hurt my feelings or anything. They just don't like sitting next to me and working with me.

AQ - 38
DREAMS>REALITY

hadrian_f
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2012, 3:26 pm

I don't know if it falls under the category of bullying, but nonetheless it's not very nice of them and (almost) just as bad as bullying. Have you tried talking about it, in confidence, to a teacher you can trust, maybe she can give you a few pointers on this?

Rai27
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jan 2012, 5:44 pm

I've never tried talking to a teacher before, mainly because I can't talk face to face easily and naturally. There are a few teachers that I trust though so I will try that idea, thank you.

AQ - 38
DREAMS>REALITY