Abandoning and Running away from Home

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 6:08 am

Have you ever felt leaving house and going away somewhere far far away
and starting all over again
Or atleast living in a isolated hill station, taking up a small time job and enjoying the lone time

kobi_galon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2012, 6:21 am

I never really considered that, because there are many things that I still can't do on my own. I know that it's bad, but I can't change it now.

"A man is as free as he chooses to make himself, never an atom freer"

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 6:23 am

whats the point in living in this over crowded city with no friends, no family, no siblings
might as well near nature, enjoy the quite life and
solidarity

kobi_galon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2012, 6:43 am

Yes, in this case it would be fine. If I were in this condition, then I'd probably consider this. Especially because that would be really nice living in a place near nature. :)

"A man is as free as he chooses to make himself, never an atom freer"

infinitenull
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 8:51 am

actually I have done this... still within the same city but I moved from one home to another changed my phone number and detached completely from most of my family and former friends.

The only connection I have is my disabled mother, and she lives with me and is detached from everyone as well.

Once I was able to detach from my poisonous past, I regained my footing and was able to find work clean up my life live independently without caring about the opinions of other and am now free from a previously Ghetto-esque family situation (the family drags each other down constantly keeping each other in dysfunctional drug based life)

if you have good reasons, it can be very useful. Of course you cant have facebook with proper spelling of your name, you cant do anything online that might make yourself googleable... and whatever you do, DON'T FORWARD YOUR MAIL lol

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 12:49 pm

I've considered that as a teenager a few times.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Jan 2012, 6:40 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

Me too & I took off down the road more than a few times when I had my many major Aspie meltdowns with my mom

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2012, 1:27 am

nick007 wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Me too & I took off down the road more than a few times when I had my many major Aspie meltdowns with my mom

if i was a male i would have taken down the road as many times as i wanted.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2012, 2:30 am

I wanted to many times, to live in the wild away from loud cars, concrete roads and ugly buildings and houses. One thing that made it hard was not being able to drive. I attempted once with a friend who drank heavily (like myself). We went off into the country and it was beautiful. But soon it get hard. We had to stay in a motel and find a way to make money. I couldn't take living with this person for many reasons so I had to try to make it on my own which was very hard. I ended up homeless and living in various shelters I was never pretty but I had guys hitting on me 24/7 so I had to learn right away to dress with many layers of clothing...not that I think it made a huge difference but I think it helped. Anyway I don't want to make a long story short, it didn't work out. In fact it was very hard. I even tried to live like those people who hunt and farm for a living. I just couldn't get use to the idea of killing animals to eat. I was with this very nice couple who let me stay on their pretty farm but I had to do tasks like break the knecks of chickens. Others tasks were hard but considerably easier than the ones involving the "quick" death of animals. I thought I'd get use to it but I'd see some not die right away and.... :( I don't want to explain the rest. I suppose though if I had been living my whole life having to live that way it'd be just like any other miserable job, you'd do it to survive and get use to it. I have to say though, the food tasted very fresh, nothing like the meat and milk you get in stores and such.

Anyhow I still think about running away...or at least living alone without my dad. Near 30 and still unable to financially support myself despite not buying anything but a little grocery, utility bills and the likes. I've scrimped and saved and can't seem to save enough to buy my own place.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2012, 2:20 pm

Good story^

Maybe the OP can compromise and find a place discreet and less traveled to get away for a couple of hours when things are difficult. I used to like to walk in the woods or park and find my own little place to think things over and watch all the little things you normally miss.

Ellendra
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2012, 3:56 pm

namaste wrote:
Or atleast living in a isolated hill station, taking up a small time job and enjoying the lone time

All my life.

I started saving up for a place of my own when I was 9. Finally found one I could afford a few years ago, and now I'm working on getting my house built there.

My house. My design. My eccentricities built into every room. And acres of space to plant my favorite fruits in. :) *sigh* :)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2012, 7:29 pm

I've been running all my life, the thing is though, I don't know whether I'm running from or running to.

ThePortraitPainter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2012, 12:10 am

I've ran away from home on a whim a few times. I once caught a train to London and had nowhere to stay so I slept in a phonebox.

MissConstrue wrote:
I wanted to many times, to live in the wild away from loud cars, concrete roads and ugly buildings and houses. One thing that made it hard was not being able to drive. I attempted once with a friend who drank heavily (like myself). We went off into the country and it was beautiful. But soon it get hard. We had to stay in a motel and find a way to make money. I couldn't take living with this person for many reasons so I had to try to make it on my own which was very hard. I ended up homeless and living in various shelters I was never pretty but I had guys hitting on me 24/7 so I had to learn right away to dress with many layers of clothing...not that I think it made a huge difference but I think it helped. Anyway I don't want to make a long story short, it didn't work out. In fact it was very hard. I even tried to live like those people who hunt and farm for a living. I just couldn't get use to the idea of killing animals to eat. I was with this very nice couple who let me stay on their pretty farm but I had to do tasks like break the knecks of chickens. Others tasks were hard but considerably easier than the ones involving the "quick" death of animals. I thought I'd get use to it but I'd see some not die right away and.... :( I don't want to explain the rest. I suppose though if I had been living my whole life having to live that way it'd be just like any other miserable job, you'd do it to survive and get use to it. I have to say though, the food tasted very fresh, nothing like the meat and milk you get in stores and such.

Anyhow I still think about running away...or at least living alone without my dad. Near 30 and still unable to financially support myself despite not buying anything but a little grocery, utility bills and the likes. I've scrimped and saved and can't seem to save enough to buy my own place.

You're a fascinating person. :)

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 2:35 am

sluice wrote:
Good story^

Maybe the OP can compromise and find a place discreet and less traveled to get away for a couple of hours when things are difficult. I used to like to walk in the woods or park and find my own little place to think things over and watch all the little things you normally miss.

ya i would like to take a walk down the woods or part but i am quite scared of going out alone

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 2:36 am

Ellendra wrote:
namaste wrote:

All my life.

I started saving up for a place of my own when I was 9. Finally found one I could afford a few years ago, and now I'm working on getting my house built there.

My house. My design. My eccentricities built into every room. And acres of space to plant my favorite fruits in. :) *sigh* :)

how nice