Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 5:30 pm

joku_muko wrote:
Serious? Thought they said no DLC? What is your source? Little late for me beat it when it first came out and I'm not one for DLC anyway.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18kLA-7Wofw&list=UUETrNUjuH4EoRdZNFx9EI-A&index=2&feature=plcp[/youtube]Image

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 6:49 pm

ZX_SpectrumDisorder wrote:
joku_muko wrote:
Serious? Thought they said no DLC? What is your source? Little late for me beat it when it first came out and I'm not one for DLC anyway.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18kLA-7Wofw&list=UUETrNUjuH4EoRdZNFx9EI-A&index=2&feature=plcp[/youtube]Image

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! !

The_Perfect_Storm wrote:

The combat system is okay. Gets boring killing the same things over and over if you die. The game would be much better if you could set your own spawn points.

Except this would completely defeat the purpose of the game.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 2:55 am

\0/
PRAISE THE SUN

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 1:14 pm

Well crap I may have to break my rule and buy some DLC... LOL. Woohoo!

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 4:20 pm

Woohoo indeed :)

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2012, 9:16 pm

Dark Souls is my favourite game but I've taken a long holiday from it in order to finish college work and wait for the PC release. Can't wait. The game is designed in such a way that you have to be cautious in order to survive. Most games fail on this very basic point, or are unfair in how they kill you, so they either become a boring repetition or trial-and-error. For the most part Dark Souls isn't either of those (although at points it borders on the latter).

The cohesiveness of the world is also impressive. Not only are there no loading screens (except maybe a couple iirc) but there are often times when you can see other areas in the distance. It gives the world this impression of being huge even if it's just a spiderweb of linear paths.

e: i guess what i really want to say is that it's a video game designed around its mechanics rather than being another scripted FPS "experience" (like CoD singleplayer) or similar that we're all familiar with. It's much better designed than any similar game too.

acentupleflat
Raven
Raven

10 Aug 2012, 6:10 am

yes it does look good.

The only thing that sucks is when your world tendency drops and you have to do as many times as it takes to clear a level (i think this may only be in demon souls). I had no other bosses other than 4-2's boss with pure black tendency. I've gotten close to clearing it a couple of times but that grim reaper and his slenderman friend near the end alwayus mess my s**t up. it can be so damn irritating. otherwise if you are making progress it's a pretty interesting game

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 6:32 am

I really feel like the Souls' series difficulty is really overstated even though I LOVE them to death. For me its the challenge combined with the atmosphere, sounds and some very satisfying combat. I read that the creator of the series wants to make the series more accessible, which is always a bad thing when the game in question isn't horribly flawed. Oh well, if it does happen I'll still have my copies to play, its not like I shattered my Silent Hill 1,2 and 3 games when Konam gave the creative power to western studios who didn't know what they were doing.

Rudicuul
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Aug 2012, 6:55 am

I have only played Dark Souls, so I can only say that one is not that difficult. It's all about knowing what to do with which enemies. But at first, when I didn't.. I died so often. So bloody often. I hated and loved the game at the same time. It's one of the few games I even replayed, 12 times. No other game have I ever done that with, that's how good it is. So I really can't wait till the DLC is there. I will start up a new game, learn to play again and whoop ass.

I really hated and loved PvP as well. It was nice to if I had a nice teammate.. I really sucked. I always got pivot backstabbed/regular owned.

I hope Demon's Souls is worth buying as well, because I am going to do just that at the end of the month.

acentupleflat
Raven
Raven

10 Aug 2012, 10:04 pm

Rudicuul wrote:
I have only played Dark Souls, so I can only say that one is not that difficult. It's all about knowing what to do with which enemies. But at first, when I didn't.. I died so often. So bloody often. I hated and loved the game at the same time. It's one of the few games I even replayed, 12 times. No other game have I ever done that with, that's how good it is. So I really can't wait till the DLC is there. I will start up a new game, learn to play again and whoop ass.

I really hated and loved PvP as well. It was nice to if I had a nice teammate.. I really sucked. I always got pivot backstabbed/regular owned.

I hope Demon's Souls is worth buying as well, because I am going to do just that at the end of the month.

You might enjoy the fact you get a hub to cool down in, at least I do. I havn't tried dark souls yet though.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 1:45 am

Demon Souls is a great game, in some ways I prefer it to Dark Souls but each game is kind of equal to me. The Tower of Latria is one of the atmospheric, AWESOME places ever. Worth every penny. Magic is hella overpowered too, they nerfed it a bit in Dark Souls.

I wonder if they will ever make a sequel to Dark Souls and call it Dead Souls :P

acentupleflat
Raven
Raven

11 Aug 2012, 3:29 am

NeueZiel wrote:
Demon Souls is a great game, in some ways I prefer it to Dark Souls but each game is kind of equal to me. The Tower of Latria is one of the atmospheric, AWESOME places ever. Worth every penny. Magic is hella overpowered too, they nerfed it a bit in Dark Souls.

I wonder if they will ever make a sequel to Dark Souls and call it Dead Souls :P

I liked it how gargoyles gave me a free ride to the top of the tower! I couldn't of made it without them :P

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 11:00 am

XxForgiven xX, it is the feeling of endorphins you get when you ebat the boss that keeps you coming back.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 8:37 pm

NeueZiel wrote:
I really feel like the Souls' series difficulty is really overstated even though I LOVE them to death. For me its the challenge combined with the atmosphere, sounds and some very satisfying combat. I read that the creator of the series wants to make the series more accessible, which is always a bad thing when the game in question isn't horribly flawed. Oh well, if it does happen I'll still have my copies to play, its not like I shattered my Silent Hill 1,2 and 3 games when Konam gave the creative power to western studios who didn't know what they were doing.

Thanks, Well the gamers of today have become soft they said the same thing about Far Cry 2 while I struggled at it on the harder settings in part because I'm new to shooters and for the fact it's unlike any other shooter so much going on :D and shock horror the AI comes chasing after you 8O , I've replayed on completion and I'd say it was only moderately hard awesome game though I don't think I will buy # 3 as it sounds like it's gonna be dumbed down for the masses.

I think I will go the Dark Souls path I was considering Dragons Dogma though the ever worsening Crapcom has put me off in doing so when they stop trying to be western and dumbed down they will get my fist fall of dollars until that time " nein "

I mean how crap was Resident Evil 5 the warning signs where their with # 4 (still a great game) But # 5 geesh it's like COD with out the polish and zombies.

OH how the mighty has fallen!

How long does it take to complete more than 100 hours ?

DukeGallison
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Apr 2016, 5:05 pm

Rest assured you're not alone in your dislike of Dark Souls.