Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 4:18 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
RICKY5 wrote:
namaste wrote:
I dont like the sex part i would prefer only companionship, courting, flowers, care, love but not
the sexual part
anyone else feels the same

That sounds pretty selfish to me.

no more selfish than a person seeking casual sex with no relationship. each to their own - a relationship (even one based on sex) means different things to different people.

At least I'm upfront about it! :twisted:

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 11:45 pm

RICKY5 wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
RICKY5 wrote:
namaste wrote:
I dont like the sex part i would prefer only companionship, courting, flowers, care, love but not
the sexual part
anyone else feels the same

That sounds pretty selfish to me.

no more selfish than a person seeking casual sex with no relationship. each to their own - a relationship (even one based on sex) means different things to different people.

At least I'm upfront about it! :twisted:

Lets get this straight:

Im glad that you are upfront about what you are looking for

I also think that assuming that OP is selfish/not upfront about what she is looking for out of nowhere and calling her selfish for that is taking a huge leap.

I have met plenty of older people of both genders that regret their marriages but they cant divorce because by the time they realized they were unhappy they shared a mortgage.... and it wasnt any sort of abusive relationship so they just put up with it and gave up on the sex(not thinking about affairs out of respect for their partner...)
Unless Im mistaken things are more complicated in India when it comes to divorcing so I assume that this is even likelier and divorcing is more complicated.

If anything I think that this shows that a lot of people make huge commitments without really thinking them through and a big amount of them(over 50% of marriages end up on divorce right now)regret doing said commitments because people can change/they didnt really know the other person...

civrev
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Aug 2012, 2:19 am

Personally, I like sex. I'm not consumed with it, I wouldn't want to have it constantly because frankly, there's other stuff I enjoy too and it can take up a lot of time.

Preferably I'd like a companion who I form a real close connection with, someone that can be my best friend and understand me inside and out as well as someone I am attracted to. This assumes a level of equality in the relationship. I just don't understand how I'd be able to see someone as an equal if I was expected to court them in the traditional sense. I'm not into finding someone content with staying at home and doing child rearing, that's a job for both parents. I don't need someone to do all the household chores for me, I know how to do things myself. I'd like to find an intellectual equal who has goals in their life and isn't content with a menial job or a mundane family life. Sex is a perk but if I got everything else I'd be happy.

I don't know if I'll ever find it but I know that that's the only type of relationship that will work for me. I've learned my lesson, it's better to be alone than in an unhappy relationship.