Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 2:34 pm

EDIT:
Turns out the memory stick is broken.

Hey!
I have this problem with my Acer Aspire One D250.
Let me give you some post info about this problem:

Im trying to install Kubuntu Natty Narwal, but it will not find my USB stick that I made with Unetbootin.
And when it boots, it boots straight into the bios, and I cannot escape the bios unless I press Save and Exit 2 times.
What the hell is going on here?
What might be causing the problem:
One day I managed to get OSX working on this netbook of mine.
So I went to ebay to buy a wifi card that works under OSX. I Recive it 3 days later. Fit it in, and woop woop woop. OSX sees it but its off. So I click the airport icon, click Turn On Airport......Nothing. Do it again..... Nothing. Oh yeah there is a switch at the front of it for wifi, lets turn that on. Tried that.....Guess what: NOTHING.
So I take the whole damn thing apart and take out the other wifi card that does not work. Put it all back together, boot into OSX, still sees the wifi card, but wont turn on!! !
So at this point im pretty fed up. So I turn it off, take it apart AGAIN, and take out the wifi card that works with OSX and try to put it into the slot that the old card went into. Great, it fits. But the motherboard was cut around to fit the old card and there was not enough space. So at this point I just gave up. I then some how then managed to destroy Grub (I really hate you Microsoft, I hope you know that) and I left it for a few weeks until I felt well enough to do again. So that brings us to today.
I know the USB ports are working as I can use a DVD drive, I wont be able to get any DVD Rs until I go into my local town which will be at the end of this week which isnt really soon enough.