Page 2 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jan 2012, 10:27 pm

I guess I'm worried about things. If it's dark I hyperventalate of scream. It's not just a mild fear of the dark like a kid's supposed to have.

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

Ozzer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jan 2012, 10:50 pm

I am 27 and afraid of the dark. I keep strategic lights and nightlights on in my house. I also have glow in the dark stars on my ceiling. I have had them in every room that I have slept in since I was a kid. It is the only way I can sleep.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 6:08 pm

I'm 36 and have slept with my bedroom light on since I was a teenager. The light being on doesn't bother me or keep me awake. If it burns out when I'm sleeping I usually wake up.

In my new place my bedroom is off the kitchen and the stove has a really bright nightlight on it that we keep on at night but I still keep my bedroom light on too.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 4:04 pm

I used to be scared of what things looked like in the dark, but now I can't sleep without it. It's because the dark helps your body to make a hormone that helps you sleep, and I apparently don't make enough of it. Which is why I get annoyed when my 8 year old sister wants the bedroom door wide open, cause I have to share with her(You can imagine what that's like).

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 2:47 am

Rax wrote:
15, not afraid. And how is any one with brains afraid of the dark? That makes no sense.

leftover evolutionary trait with the dark being where animals and predators could get you/you couldnt see where you're going i've heard some say...

NeXus_Blueliner
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2012, 1:33 am

I'm 24 and if I'm outside the 'dark' can freak me out. Which is kinda stupid for me as I like astronomy :? Not too sure on how many people it would affect but I've heard the fear of the dark is usually more down to the fear of the unknown. Like someone else said, things can get you and you can't see what's there. For me, I'm fine in the dark if I think about my best friend as that eases my mind and stops the irrational thoughts.

Stuffedwithempty
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Feb 2012, 2:17 am

I suppose it is an Aspie thing to be afraid of something you had been since you were young.

When I was a kid, I was very shy talking to new people, or doing anything new on my own.

22 years old and I still have that fear ._.

Stuffedwithempty
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Feb 2012, 2:18 am

Aharon wrote:
I don't know but I'm 37 and I'm still afraid of the dark. I don't like swimming in dark water either. Too many monster movies when I was a kid I guess. The mind reasons, but the body still reacts.

Oh wow, it just occurred to me I'll probably never even attempt to swim in dark water. Don't know if there are germs, or anything under that murky water. I would not want to take that chance either 0.0

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 2:26 am

I see very well in the dark. There is nothing there to worry about except sharp corners and stuff that hits your shin.

zzmondo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 3:33 pm

As a kid, I was scared of it for a while but I've come to like it really. It's just a general concern for me if I have to see something (not scared, I just need to see) in the dark and I make sure I don't hit something or get what I need to get.

Barefoot_Boy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Mar 2012, 6:59 pm

I just turned 18 and I still leave have a nitelite in my room. I just like having a soft glow in by bedroom. I like being able to see my surroundings before I goto sleep.

John Greenleaf Whittier

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 1:12 pm

Can't help ya there, I love the dark. Easier to relax in.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

DJames
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Apr 2012, 3:21 pm

I have a friend who is eighteen and is afraid of the dark. Never fear. There is infinitely more terror in illumination.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2012, 7:00 pm

im still afraid of the dark i think its normal with being a aspie

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 9:58 pm

I'm situationally afraid of the dark. Normally I don't mind it, but when I get the slightest feeling someone else might be around, I freak out and storm every room of my house, checking in every hideout I can think of, and only then I'm comfortable turning my back to the darkness of that room.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 11:32 am

umm I'm 22 and sometimes even I need a nightlight sometimes :oops: and I listen to black metal, what are the chances of that.

Oh and there is a movie I don't recommend anyone with this issue ever watch, unfortunately I don't remember the name.