nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jan 2012, 10:28 pm

is it a autism thing
i wont play with older kid toys
i keep wanting to play with litle kid toys
when im in places like supermarkets they keep distracting me
somtimes in supermarkets i just stand there infront of the little kids toys and the other shopers bump into me With the troyls and things
i also unable to play with normal lego its to small for my fingers to hold and put together.
i am also obsessed with spongebob squarepants (typing that made my face blush.. i um.. like spongebob)

somtimes when i am looking at lots of kids toys in a shop it gets me stiming

(just so you know im not aspergers, im a girl, im also nearly 18 )

Doubutsu
Raven
Raven

22 Jan 2012, 10:38 pm

I know a lot of NTs that like spongebob and they are older than you. Don't worry about being childish, I think it's ridiculous that someone has to give up what he likes because of his age, the important thing about growing up is being responsible, you don't need to become a boring person.

Last edited by Doubutsu on 22 Jan 2012, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

infinitenull
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 10:47 pm

I have a teddybear... he/she (it's a unknown gender teddy bear) that is a wonderful help for me at sleep time.

I notice that there are a few topics like this on here... maybe its because autism is a developmental thing... lack of development might coordinate with interests such as Nintendo, Sponge bob, or Teddy bears

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 11:00 pm

I bought myself a Teddy bear a few weeks ago and I sleep with him every night. Don't worry about being childish.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

22 Jan 2012, 11:38 pm

Acting childish isn't a bad thing.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 11:46 pm

Spongebob is awesome. Nothing wrong with that at all. Can't say I play with toys much, but I'd argue that some video games are just as childish - however, nothing is wrong with that, either. I do still like legos. Anything that promotes creativity has to be a good thing.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

169Kitty
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jan 2012, 11:51 pm

From what I've gathered people on the spectrum have a hard time making friends with people their age but like to play with little kids or associate with older adults. With a little kid you can be as silly as you want to and they think it's fun. I find older adults to be more understanding and patient and people around my age. 50+ years old is the ages I'm most comfortable with.

NT score: 51 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 11:52 pm

What's wrong with being childish? Some NTs "want to be forever young. "

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

hockeytaz
Raven
Raven

23 Jan 2012, 12:04 am

I sleep with a ton of stuffed animals, I play with a Perry the Platypus fidget in class, I spend my time at the local science center. I do a ton of childish stuff. Nothing wrong with it. Arthur is one of my favorite shows as is Phineas and Ferb.

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2012, 12:20 am

Boxman108 wrote:
Spongebob is awesome. Nothing wrong with that at all.

i um, like spongebob closer to a um "crush" sense is that strange :oops:

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2012, 2:51 am

Spongebob is my special interest! I'm the same as you, when I go in shops I can spot anything with Spongebob a mile away.

nintendofan wrote:

I will admit to going through that stage, too. It is very embarrassing but you can't help how you feel. :oops:
I always get drawn to (and eventually obsessed with) fictional characters that are innocents.

hockeytaz
Raven
Raven

23 Jan 2012, 3:02 am

I'm also in love with DOMO! D-O-M-O, D-O-M-O, Domo, DOMO! La la la la la

KickingBird
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2012, 7:02 am

My Mom use to worry a little because I was still playing with dolls at age 12. I even played imaginary games in my teens, that no one knew about. I use to have younger friends, because they were more fun. Looking back I am glad. Being an adult is not all it is cracked up to be, I wish I could go back to the days of my youth with innocence and a great imagination. My great immagination kept me occupied and content. Don't rush growing up. It will get there before you know it.

I now have 4 grandkids. Where does the time go? It feels like, It was only yeaterday, that I was playing Barbies.

KickingBird
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2012, 7:04 am

Oh and BTW, I am 48 years old and I love spong Bob too. :) I use to watch Seseme St. with my kids for my enjoyment, not there's :)

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2012, 9:14 am

Guineapigged wrote:
Spongebob is my special interest! I'm the same as you, when I go in shops I can spot anything with Spongebob a mile away.

nintendofan wrote:

I will admit to going through that stage, too. It is very embarrassing but you can't help how you feel. :oops:
I always get drawn to (and eventually obsessed with) fictional characters that are innocents.

yes i know what you mean... there was once a spongebob blanket i seen i ran into the shop just for that.... :oops:

how long did that "stage" last with you?

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 9:56 am

For the past three days I have laughed, cried, shocked and been generally in love with Avatar: the Last Airbender, a show mostly aimed at kids.

Seriously, I cried like 3 times.