Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 10:31 am

Well while Spongebob wouldn't be my first choice ( :P ) I don't think it's uncommon for some people to have a crush on a fictional character. I particularly felt bad for one character(I think her name was Alice?) from Stephen King's 'Cell', though I don't want to spoil what happens for anyone else. In any case, if anything, I feel it goes to show how well the writers can create such a well rounded and believable character. Of course, you have the kind of people who will make fun of you for this, but I think that they would be much more childish for doing such. A lot of them are already infatuated with people like supermodels or celebrities anyway, which they have just as much of a chance of eveer meeting as a fictional character.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2012, 11:44 am

nintendofan wrote:

yes i know what you mean... there was once a spongebob blanket i seen i ran into the shop just for that.... :oops:

how long did that "stage" last with you?

Probably about 6-12 months. I am still obsessed with Spongebob but my focus has shifted from the characters to the practical side such as voice acting, merchandising etc. At one point I liked to keep lists of the episode ratings and make graphs. I have about 5 years worth of weekly episode ratings in spreadsheets. :)

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 12:02 pm

I've found being childish is rather normal for us. I've definitely found people accuse me of being overly childish. It was also entertaining to have me, my boyfriend, and someone else on the spectrum, looking at the toys in a bookstore.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 4:19 pm

I did many childish things in my life, things that were not "age appropriate", like playing with model trains, watching cartoons (I like Disney, for example), listening to music that I liked when I was a little kid which was specifically made for them. Sometimes I enjoy showing some childish behavior, manners and attitudes. Usually I get accused of it, but manage to get away with it...

I love to play with the sons of my cousin and the son of my sister's girlfriend. I do it as if I was a kid, too. I'm glad I'm not that awkward with them how I used to be.

hockeytaz
Raven
Raven

23 Jan 2012, 4:35 pm

I love everything Disney too. I can spend hours in the Disney store laying with stuff and I never have enough time at the Disney parks.

tuffy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2012, 5:03 pm

The best part of being a grown up is that you can get all the toys you want.