no offence, but is anyone scared of balding?

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 9:39 am

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
When your mental health was low, how was your diet? Did you look after yourself properly?

I ate little and what I did eat was kind of crap. And I didn't really look after myself that well either, washed maybe every 4 days :oops:.

Nowadays I do still have other physical ailments like headaches and dizziness very often and my digestive system is s**t. I dunno wtf is wrong with me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 10:47 am

gyaspie wrote:
no offence, but is anyone scared of balding?

Not really, since some bald-headed men seem to be perceived as "distinguished", or even "sexy" to some women.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 1:03 pm

I personally AM balding right now and according to my hairdresser I have to prepare myself soon for the moment I lose all of it one day. When that moment hits, it's gonna be cap-day for the rest of my life.

I'm done worrying about it, somehow I'm actually secretly looking forward to it, my head is shaped right for it many people told me.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 2:21 pm

b9 wrote:
i will never go bald. i do not have enough testosterone to in"fringe" on my hair crop.

derr...i just looked it up and it seems that it is a myth that high levels of testosterone is linked to baldness, but i have no hair on my limbs or chest and.., but my head hair is quite abundant.

my head hair is fine and not coarse like most mens head hair. my hair is a bit childish and i have a hair style that many people have likened to "little lord fauntleroy". many people think i am emulating the beatles or something, but i have not changed my hairstyle since childhood. sometimes it is shorter and sometimes it is longer, but i always have a fringe and my hair always covers my ears. i have never tried "short back and sides"

here is my hair (from behind (it is my avatar on facebook)) about a year ago (it is the same now but i do not have a good camera at the moment). it is a bit stringy and dry in this shot because i use plain soap to wash it with. whatever. i will never go bald. i do not think i will ever go grey either, but time will tell.

your hair looks pretty soft, actually. i imagine it is quite fine. have you considered hormone treatments or are you content to live with low testosterone?

my answer to the OP is yes... sort of. i lost a bunch of hair on my head last year when i had Telogen Effluvium due to stress. i came to terms with it as i realised that i had no control over it anyways. it came back mostly, except some of my body hair is still falling out.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 2:24 pm

oh, and by the way... to the women who think they will never need to worry about baldness... one quarter to one third of women will experience female pattern baldness, so we are not exempt. it just looks thinner overall as opposed to just on top.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 3:31 pm

Nope. All I ever do to my hair is shave it a few times a year anyway.

You will reap what you've sown.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 11:28 am

hyperlexian wrote:
b9 wrote:
i will never go bald. i do not have enough testosterone to in"fringe" on my hair crop.

derr...i just looked it up and it seems that it is a myth that high levels of testosterone is linked to baldness, but i have no hair on my limbs or chest and.., but my head hair is quite abundant.

my head hair is fine and not coarse like most mens head hair. my hair is a bit childish and i have a hair style that many people have likened to "little lord fauntleroy". many people think i am emulating the beatles or something, but i have not changed my hairstyle since childhood. sometimes it is shorter and sometimes it is longer, but i always have a fringe and my hair always covers my ears. i have never tried "short back and sides"

here is my hair (from behind (it is my avatar on facebook)) about a year ago (it is the same now but i do not have a good camera at the moment). it is a bit stringy and dry in this shot because i use plain soap to wash it with. whatever. i will never go bald. i do not think i will ever go grey either, but time will tell.

your hair looks pretty soft, actually. i imagine it is quite fine. have you considered hormone treatments or are you content to live with low testosterone?

no i am happy with how i am. i do not want to be hairy.

theseeker
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jan 2012, 5:24 pm

I only mind being bald because I think I would look androgynous. However, I would prefer having an ambivalent appearance than following the way of the Donald (see image below).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 12:52 am

my late father lost most of his headhair before he turned 30. my oldest brother took after him. my older brother and me have the same hairlines we did when we were young, and have so far not turned gray. but the minute i turn gray i will order hair dye as i am vain. and if i start to go bald i will shave it off and get a good wig like that crazy spector fella.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jan 2012, 1:07 am

Going bald rox when it inspires a Rush song

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPhB31cojoA[/youtube]

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 1:09 am

Somewhat. ATM my hair is grown out because I wanted to do that when I was younger but always chickened out. If a bald spot becomes obvious I'm going to immeditately shave it all off, though. There's guys in the town I live in with bald-spot + ponytail, which I find to be a horrifying combination.

I do have a lot of gray building up under the sides, but for some reason that doesn't bother me very much.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 1:27 am

I'm not afraid of going bald one bit. I'm 41 and my scalp is just as full of hair as it has always been. And there is no balding anywhere in my family history.
Of course, it's now about 75% grey, but I don't mind that. Women are always complimenting my hair and touching it ;)

Diagnosed in 2005

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 2:40 am

I hope it doesn't happen to me. I would just shave my head rather than sport the horseshoe cut or whatever. And bald guys with ponytails... Jesus. I can't help but also picture them as the type of guys who go around in somewhat dirty grey sweatpants and a stained wifebeater all the time. My father has a full head of hair and I tend to take after him for most things... except personality... so I am not too worried

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 3:01 am

god made a few perfect heads, and the rest he covered with hair.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jan 2012, 5:44 am

I had a conversation with someone on Yahoo who said Propecia grew his hair back & he hasn't noticed any side-effects. Has anyone here ever tried it :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 6:48 am

I already am bald for the most part, and have been for some time now. The little hair I have left is regularly shaved off. Nothing to be afraid of but shallow people, who aren't worth bothering with anyway.