no offence, but is anyone scared of balding?

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

gyaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jan 2012, 3:30 am

no offence, but is anyone scared of balding?

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 3:51 am

Do you mean of going bald yourself or scared of others who are bald?

I can relate to the former. My hair is thinning and I hate it.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 4:38 am

I wouldn't have to shave my head, or, it'd get easier and easier to shave such.

No.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Jan 2012, 5:07 am

I started losing my hair a few years ago. I'm not scared of going bald but it annoys me because I have to spend more time combing my hair & I have to get it cut more often so it won't look messed-up

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 7:38 am

In my opinion, when a guy starts to go noticeably bald, shorter hair cuts look best. My husband is 44 and started to lose his hair a couple of years ago. I cut his hair, with clippers. Until recently, it was a no.3, but I persuaded him to go for a no.2 and he's glad he took my advice.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 8:02 am

My hair has been quite weak most of last year and now, last spring my hair thinned like crazy and looked a straggly mess. It's much thicker now but not what it used to be, my hair is naturally extremely thick and hairdressers always comment on it. Now I daren't do anything to it apart from condition it like mad and let it dry naturally, I only put heat on it on very rare occasions.

I'm scared silly of going bald.

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 8:05 am

Not really, if I start going bald I'll just shave it all off.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 8:09 am

MONKEY wrote:

If it's any consolation, I haven't stopped fancying my husband now that he has much less hair. He still looks much younger than 44, so it hasn't aged him either.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 9:15 am

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

If it's any consolation, I haven't stopped fancying my husband now that he has much less hair. He still looks much younger than 44, so it hasn't aged him either.

I'm a girl so there's not much worry about me losing all my hair with age, but it really shook me up when my hair thinned all over. It's still brittle now.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Jan 2012, 9:17 am

MONKEY wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

I'm a girl so there's not much worry about me losing all my hair with age, but it really shook me up when my hair thinned all over. It's still brittle now.

Was it caused by medication :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 9:18 am

MONKEY wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

Sorry I should have checked before replying. Yes, I'd be worried too, if it was happening to me.
Have you had your hormones checked?

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 9:27 am

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

Sorry I should have checked before replying. Yes, I'd be worried too, if it was happening to me.

I had a blood test in the spring because of other problems as well as hair loss and they said it was normal. I was recovering from a bout of bad mental health and I was told it was probably that, but I'm loads better now yet my hair still hasn't retained its full thickness. I would like to get looked at again because of various other things that bother me.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 9:29 am

nick007 wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

Was it caused by medication :?:

I don't know, I did start anti depressants around the same time as the hair thinning started. I haven't heard of sertraline causing that but I might look it up.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 9:32 am

MONKEY wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

I had a blood test in the spring because of other problems as well as hair loss and they said it was normal. I was recovering from a bout of bad mental health and I was told it was probably that, but I'm loads better now yet my hair still hasn't retained its full thickness. I would like to get looked at again because of various other things that bother me.

When your mental health was low, how was your diet? Did you look after yourself properly?

b9
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 9:35 am

i will never go bald. i do not have enough testosterone to in"fringe" on my hair crop.

derr...i just looked it up and it seems that it is a myth that high levels of testosterone is linked to baldness, but i have no hair on my limbs or chest and.., but my head hair is quite abundant.

my head hair is fine and not coarse like most mens head hair. my hair is a bit childish and i have a hair style that many people have likened to "little lord fauntleroy". many people think i am emulating the beatles or something, but i have not changed my hairstyle since childhood. sometimes it is shorter and sometimes it is longer, but i always have a fringe and my hair always covers my ears. i have never tried "short back and sides"

here is my hair (from behind (it is my avatar on facebook)) about a year ago (it is the same now but i do not have a good camera at the moment). it is a bit stringy and dry in this shot because i use plain soap to wash it with. whatever. i will never go bald. i do not think i will ever go grey either, but time will tell.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 9:39 am

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
When your mental health was low, how was your diet? Did you look after yourself properly?

I ate little and what I did eat was kind of crap. And I didn't really look after myself that well either, washed maybe every 4 days :oops:.

Nowadays I do still have other physical ailments like headaches and dizziness very often and my digestive system is s**t. I dunno wtf is wrong with me.