Christo-fascists harass High School Student

Page 9 of 9 [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

28 Jan 2012, 9:26 pm

abacacus wrote:
Raptor wrote:
abacacus wrote:
Raptor wrote:
marshall wrote:
Raptor wrote:
NeantHumain wrote:
Quote:
The South just happens to be out of step with the rest of the country on many things, and it really isn't acceptable that atheists and other religious minorities, gay people, and others should be treated as second-class citizens because of this. Also, it was right that liberals intervened in the South and forced desegregation even at the cost of Democratic votes. Principles matter.


More like the rest of the country is out of step with the south.


Or more like the south is out of step with the outside world as a whole. :roll:

Do you guys even realize that other religions besides Christianity exist in the USA? Would you be a-okay with a Muslim banner displayed in a public school? Or would you whine your full head off and demand it's removal?


It isn’t like the south is a wilderness. Have you ever heard of Atlanta, Charlotte, Richmond, Orlando, Charleston, Nashville, etc….?
Damn near every race, nationality, and religion in the universe is in Dixie and I haven’t talked to any of them that feel any more disenfranchised than if they lived in NYC or Shitcago, or wherever. In fact there’s a synagogue just a few miles from here.
Get out of your shell and stop watching MSNBC or wherever you get these backward notions from.
:roll: :roll: :roll:


You didn't answer his question... if it was a Muslim banner would you defend it being there?


#1: I don't have to answer any questions.
#2: Would I defend it being there? No.
But on the other hand I wouldn't object to it either. I don't see anything to object to unless I'm trying to make a name for myself and become a poster child for the ACLU.
:roll:


So you'll only defend things if they are in line with your beliefs... interesting.

While you may not have to answer any questions, not answering them removes the point of you being in the debate.


Quote:
So you'll only defend things if they are in line with your beliefs... interesting.

So you’re saying that every principle has to be either rabidly defended or savagely attacked? It’s not enough to allow things to be what they’ll be?

Quote:
While you may not have to answer any questions, not answering them removes the point of you being in the debate.

My point in this thread has adequately stated already and it remains the same. Rehashing it for the more dense individuals does not change it. Go to the bottom of page 6 of this thread and see what my thoughts are on this.



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

28 Jan 2012, 9:31 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
marshall wrote:
Raptor wrote:
NeantHumain wrote:
Quote:
The South just happens to be out of step with the rest of the country on many things, and it really isn't acceptable that atheists and other religious minorities, gay people, and others should be treated as second-class citizens because of this. Also, it was right that liberals intervened in the South and forced desegregation even at the cost of Democratic votes. Principles matter.


More like the rest of the country is out of step with the south.


Or more like the south is out of step with the outside world as a whole. :roll:

Do you guys even realize that other religions besides Christianity exist in the USA? Would you be a-okay with a Muslim banner displayed in a public school? Or would you whine your full head off and demand it's removal?


It isn’t like the south is a wilderness. Have you ever heard of Atlanta, Charlotte, Richmond, Orlando, Charleston, Nashville, etc….?
Damn near every race, nationality, and religion in the universe is in Dixie and I haven’t talked to any of them that feel any more disenfranchised than if they lived in NYC or Shitcago, or wherever. In fact there’s a synagogue just a few miles from here.
Get out of your shell and stop watching MSNBC or wherever you get these backward notions from.
:roll: :roll: :roll:


Those southern cities you named are culturally more or less blue, and are more in step with the rest of the country than the rest of ol' Dixie.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Spent much time in the south?


No, but I know enough that urban and suburban areas foster a more progressive, enlightened attitude than small town or rural areas regardless of where you are in the country.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


So you’re saying that only in the southeast do you find small towns and rural areas. Um, it might come as a surprise to you but I’ve been around a little; pretty much to the four corners of the country give or take and a few other places.
Some people love the rural or small town life for its simplicity, sameness, and freedom. They are not lawfully or morally obliged to drop what they are doing to create a social utopia for anyone that might come along that is different. Big cities, while usually more diverse, are not usually all that wonderful in other regards.


You may want to reread what I wrote, as I never once said only the southeast has small towns and rural areas. I suspect in order to come to that conclusion, you would have had to have read my post with your eyes closed.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer wrote (and conveniently forgot :roll:):
Quote:
Those southern cities you named are culturally more or less blue, and are more in step with the rest of the country than the rest of ol' Dixie.


There ya go. 'Nuff said.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,781
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

28 Jan 2012, 9:48 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
marshall wrote:
Raptor wrote:
NeantHumain wrote:
Quote:
The South just happens to be out of step with the rest of the country on many things, and it really isn't acceptable that atheists and other religious minorities, gay people, and others should be treated as second-class citizens because of this. Also, it was right that liberals intervened in the South and forced desegregation even at the cost of Democratic votes. Principles matter.


More like the rest of the country is out of step with the south.


Or more like the south is out of step with the outside world as a whole. :roll:

Do you guys even realize that other religions besides Christianity exist in the USA? Would you be a-okay with a Muslim banner displayed in a public school? Or would you whine your full head off and demand it's removal?


It isn’t like the south is a wilderness. Have you ever heard of Atlanta, Charlotte, Richmond, Orlando, Charleston, Nashville, etc….?
Damn near every race, nationality, and religion in the universe is in Dixie and I haven’t talked to any of them that feel any more disenfranchised than if they lived in NYC or Shitcago, or wherever. In fact there’s a synagogue just a few miles from here.
Get out of your shell and stop watching MSNBC or wherever you get these backward notions from.
:roll: :roll: :roll:


Those southern cities you named are culturally more or less blue, and are more in step with the rest of the country than the rest of ol' Dixie.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Spent much time in the south?


No, but I know enough that urban and suburban areas foster a more progressive, enlightened attitude than small town or rural areas regardless of where you are in the country.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


So you’re saying that only in the southeast do you find small towns and rural areas. Um, it might come as a surprise to you but I’ve been around a little; pretty much to the four corners of the country give or take and a few other places.
Some people love the rural or small town life for its simplicity, sameness, and freedom. They are not lawfully or morally obliged to drop what they are doing to create a social utopia for anyone that might come along that is different. Big cities, while usually more diverse, are not usually all that wonderful in other regards.


You may want to reread what I wrote, as I never once said only the southeast has small towns and rural areas. I suspect in order to come to that conclusion, you would have had to have read my post with your eyes closed.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer wrote (and conveniently forgot :roll:):
Quote:
Those southern cities you named are culturally more or less blue, and are more in step with the rest of the country than the rest of ol' Dixie.


There ya go. 'Nuff said.


Nope, still reading with your eyes closed. I said big southeastern cities are more progressive and enlightened than the surrounding countryside. Admittedly, this tends to be the case in any place in the country. It's just southeastern states where the contrast is probably the strongest.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



LKL
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,402

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,781
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

28 Jan 2012, 10:28 pm

LKL wrote:
http://f****.com/


Amen!
I doubt that the author of that hilarious essay will ever read this, but the West Coast is pretty cool, in our own right. On top of that, we're constantly the target of red states ignorance, too.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer