It doesn't matter what program I pick, I'm always bored!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 3:05 pm

I'm always bored!

I have absolutely no legitimate or appropriate interests.

I have severe ADHD and I'm not on any meds. ADHD stimulant medications don't work. They just make me more hyper, irritable, and angry. I haven't had Desoxyn/methedrine because it's not approved for medical use in Canada.

Every day gets harder and harder, and I'm miserable at school.
The bus ride and the walk to and from the bus station gets longer every day.
Line ups get longer and longer every day.

I picked the subject I'm the least disinterested in - robotics and automation, but I have 22 hrs of class a week, and all mornings. There's nothing I can do about it.

Every day I fight and dig my claws and my teeth into the invisible 350lb, muscle-bound UFC fighter that pins my arms and legs down every morning before school. The same ufc fighter pins me down on the floor when I'm trying to my homework, and pins me up against the wall when I'm trying to go to class.

I'm tired. I fight and I fight and I fight, everyday to go to school and work. I'm so bored. I'm so unmotivated.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE WHAT I DO!! !! !

and I know you guys'll tell me...you just haven't found the right program for you...blah blah blah

I've done several career and intelligence tests.

It says is should be the in the math and sciences fields and I agree I hate everything else.

I hate cooking
i don't want to be a police or fireman
I hate hard physical labour.
I don't care about tools or anything.
I hate art, because I feel that art is boring even though I'm really creative and good at art, I couldn't give damn.
I never want to be a doctor or a nurse
I can't do sports
I can only play really easy video games that don't require hand eye coordination

I've been on several different medications, none of which have worked.

I'm not depressed. I have a beautiful girlfriend of 1 year and 4 months who I love and want to marry. I'm not bored of her, either. I fall more madly in love with her with each passing day.

I get bored of things.

I just hate school and work, I always have. I hate any kind of obligation. I look at people who can sit and do a crossword puzzle, or garden, or sit in church, or read the paper, who can enjoy coffee, cigarettes, and alcohol without feeling sick...

you know...the everyman!

Who loves to drink his beer and watch the game with his buddies. Big and burly, maybe with a bit of gut, instead of being pale and thin and tired all the time.

I eat very healthy, and have no vitamin or mineral defficiencies.

I'm just so bored and frustrated it's exhausting!

Also, the printers never work, and there's not enough access to clean washrooms, and the school services are no good (with the exception of the health centre - my doc's amazing!)

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 3:21 pm

What does your girlfriend think? A lot of women want guys who earn enough money to buy their own home. While it is nice to be able to get a job you are interested in, it is more important to get a job that pays enough to meet the needs of your family. Yes, lots of folks get boring jobs because they pay well--but I suppose it all evens out if they get their girl.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 3:22 pm

Something tells me that art has the potential to be something you love. Cause of how you described it as opposed to all the other things. Maybe looking at it not as it's done but as you want it to be... basically thinking of how you could break the walls of it and walk out into something else that is actually a functional essential force... would help. Just an idea.