Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

PintoNess
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Feb 2012, 1:50 am

Indeed! I hate having a song stuck in my head. Only time it ever worked in my favor was for a song I had to memorize for a musical I was in.

Rain_Megami
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Mar 2012, 3:18 pm

I'm SUPER excited for it!! !! !! !! ! I can't WAIT to see it!

I think I scare my Mom every time I fall out of my chair and bow to the T.V. whenever one of the commercials comes on. xD

Viva la HOMESTUCK~! <3

Watch me as I slowly go insane lalalalalalalalala~

DogGirlSaydee
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Mar 2012, 10:21 am

I don't think I will go and see it. My reasons being the fact that theatres are a big stressor for me anyways and I hated the ending to the series. It was really upsetting how the author compacted the ending into one short, heart-breaking chapter. Not to mention, Hollywood movies usually aren't very similar to the books. Take the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series. They pretty much compacted all eight books into one short, atrocious movie. It sucked!

Aspie score: 194 of 200
Neurotypical score: 7 of 200
Conclusion: very likely an Aspie

PintoNess
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Mar 2012, 1:44 pm

DogGirlSaydee wrote:
Take the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series. They pretty much compacted all eight books into one short, atrocious movie. It sucked!

If you wanna talk about movies that compact the series ... Take A Series of Unfortunate Events. They took like twelve books, chose three or four events from it, and made a movie. Gah. I liked the movie until I read the books, and then I was like DAAANG. >_<

Person above doggirlsaydee - you bow to the tv? LOLOLOL! Awesome. ^_^

DogGirlSaydee

16 Mar 2012, 4:17 pm

PintoNess wrote:
DogGirlSaydee wrote:
Take the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series. They pretty much compacted all eight books into one short, atrocious movie. It sucked!

If you wanna talk about movies that compact the series ... Take A Series of Unfortunate Events. They took like twelve books, chose three or four events from it, and made a movie. Gah. I liked the movie until I read the books, and then I was like DAAANG. >_<

Exactly!! ! It makes me so angry!

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 9:05 pm

starman wrote:
Who else is really looking forward to The Hunger Games Film coming out this year, it's gonna be released to my birthday in England, join me in the discussion of who's your favourite character in The Hunger Games etc.
:)

I knew about it before it was popular.

I remember going into the Borders.com catalog of upcoming books, and thinking "Damn, this sounds cool" at like 11.

That was my best year in life so far.

Like 7th grade. Alone but to wrapped up in my own affairs to get lonely

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 9:05 pm

starman wrote:
Who else is really looking forward to The Hunger Games Film coming out this year, it's gonna be released to my birthday in England, join me in the discussion of who's your favourite character in The Hunger Games etc.

I remember going into the Borders.com catalog of upcoming books, and thinking "Damn, this sounds cool" at like 11.

DogGirlSaydee

18 Mar 2012, 9:37 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
starman wrote:

Same :cheers:

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 12:32 am

I read the first book and have just started the second one. I think I am going to see the movie.

Sempiternal
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 11:44 am

It seems as though a lot of people, Aspies and NTs alike, are really excited about this movie. I feel out of the loop; is it really that good? I tried reading it once, but I guess my mind was on other things, so it didn't quite grab my attention. I put the book down and went to the science section of the book store instead. :lol: I was thinking about giving the series another chance. I'm guessing The Hunger Games is a lot better than Harry Potter and Twilight? I never got into those series either. :P

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 6:36 pm

Sempiternal wrote:
It seems as though a lot of people, Aspies and NTs alike, are really excited about this movie. I feel out of the loop; is it really that good? I tried reading it once, but I guess my mind was on other things, so it didn't quite grab my attention. I put the book down and went to the science section of the book store instead. :lol: I was thinking about giving the series another chance. I'm guessing The Hunger Games is a lot better than Harry Potter and Twilight? I never got into those series either. :P

In responce to the BOLD text:

Yes, It is that good. I had to watch it a second time to get the jist of it, But I am glad I did. Its quite interesting

In Responce to the Italicised text

In that case, You are probably like me. You can't sit there and read for hours on end...

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 6:29 pm

Watched it a few days ago. Excellent film, makes a lot of good points and is entertaining.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 8:12 pm

I saw the movie, I thought it was very decent. I thought they did a good job with the characterizations, having read the books. By the way, I thought the books were good, but not spectacular.

RevolutionWaver
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Apr 2012, 2:53 am

I will never read the Hunger Games or watch the film.
Why?
People do the same s**t to me about music. It'll change their lives? Never give it a chance.

I am a very vengeful little man

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 May 2012, 1:21 am

PintoNess wrote:
I love that song! I play it over and over and over until I stop listening but I keep it playing in the background. I go through phase like that, I really only have like three songs at any given time that I like enough to listen to and I'll listen to it for hours on repeat.

Oh.... And I think Johnny Depp should have been Haymitch. ;)

I agree with 100% of your post! And I've seen the film, which I loved, but I loved the books a lot more too. I love safe and sound, and I also love kingdom come :D