What kind of crimes are committed by Aspies?

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jan 2012, 9:13 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
theaspiemusician wrote:
How would an aspie be more likely to rape? Where's the studies that proved this?

well apparently aspies don't have any empathy :roll:

Rofl :)

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 9:16 pm

arielhawksquill wrote:
Stalking, computer hacking, and shooting up schools.

Is the last one only because there was only like 5 shooting ups of schools and one of them was by an autistic person, causing skewing by small sample size?

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

layla87
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jan 2012, 9:16 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
theaspiemusician wrote:
How would an aspie be more likely to rape? Where's the studies that proved this?

True, but someone who lacks empathy does not necessarily lack a concious

layla87
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jan 2012, 9:17 pm

Tequila wrote:
Declension wrote:
99 times out of 100, the situation will be that the aspie doesn't realise that someone wants to have sex with them, not the reverse.

That must be quite scary for a woman, knowing that she wants to knob the hell out of an Aspie guy but he clearly isn't reading it.

^^ LOL!! !

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 9:21 pm

layla87 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
theaspiemusician wrote:

The point was it's not true aspies lack empathy.

layla87
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jan 2012, 9:26 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
layla87 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
theaspiemusician wrote:

The point was it's not true aspies lack empathy.

^ I know, that's true, but to NT's we do. The reason is that Aspies do not lack empathy, but we do lack the ability to communicate our empathy in a way that NT's easily understand

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 10:58 pm

So many assumptions ... where are the statistics?

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 11:03 pm

Ganondox wrote:
Declension wrote:
The "rape" part doesn't make sense to me. In my experience, aspies are aware of how bad they are at reading social cues, and so they always err on the side of caution. 99 times out of 100, the situation will be that the aspie doesn't realise that someone wants to have sex with them, not the reverse.

Well if that's not the case we must be rapists because we are evil souless bastards who only care about satisfying our own carnal desires and don't give a damn about how other people feel. :roll:

There was someone on (I think) Facebook who made it their personal mission to claim and promote a connection between ASD and rape. His/her 'reasoning' was that since autistics see other people as objects they were more likely to do it. I suspect the person was confusing "objectification of women" with "seeing people was objects." Of course, the "seeing people as objects," especially in adulthood, is debatable by itself (though it is in some books -- theory of mind stuff). Since in 15 years I've never seen another reference connecting autism and rape, I think the Facebook person made it up.

Personally, I think slick liars and sociopaths are a lot more likely to be dangerous.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 12:41 am

My own random hypothesizing makes me think technical violations of the law would be the most likely AS crimes; things where the rationale for their prohibition doesn't make sense or is confusing or non-intuitive. Like if you were into chemistry and you know that chemical A is legal and chemical B is legal, but if you combine the two in a specific way they produce chemical C which is not legal, an Aspie might be more likely to ask "why?" as the illegal C is but a combination of the legal A and B. I know I do that all the time when working with guns; this hunk of metal is perfectly legal unless I do something to it with a file in a specific way that makes it into this new configuration that is now illegal, often highly so, which doesn't make sense to me. It's all still just hunks of metal, right?

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 12:58 am

Dox47 wrote:
My own random hypothesizing makes me think technical violations of the law would be the most likely AS crimes; things where the rationale for their prohibition doesn't make sense or is confusing or non-intuitive.

Also when laws conflict, like speeding is illegal but impeding the flow of traffic is also illegal, and you need to know additional, possibly unwritten information to know which one takes precedence in which situations. So, IOW, when you select the wrong rule because you didn't know the unwritten stuff.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 1:00 am

A friend of mine once said:

"Aspies tend to make their own rules, or misinterpret them to suit themselves".

You will reap what you've sown.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 1:14 am

I suspect that the vast majority of crimes committed by Aspies are non-violent, such as illegal drug possession / use, public intoxication, DUI, etc.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 1:30 am

I have heard of computer hacking and an aspie person who is obsessed with buses stealing a bus posed as the bus driver and going to regular bus route and picking and dropping off passengers. Then there is that one aspie who was obsessed with trains and he stole a train and drove it if I remember correctly. Then there is Sky Walker who killed his mother during his meltdown by hitting her except he was autistic, not aspie.

Plus I can imagine an aspie stalking someone he likes because he didn't know the boundaries and didn't pick up on any cues that she wasn't interested in him.

Plus an aspie can get arrested for having a meltdown. Someone once made a post on here about her aspie husband getting arrested once for his meltdown and their kid was taken from them.

kaiouti
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jan 2012, 8:42 am

Would a girl really NOT just say NO if you come on to them????

Seriously I don't know how it works but could someone be charged with that because a girl forgot to say NO?

That is honestly the only way I can see it happening with an Aspie....

I highly doubt an Aspie would intentionally commit Rape....

I can't see any other situation that would apply to an Aspie in that respect

sure maybe misinterpreting cues and get touchy feely but would an Aspie deserve a charge of Sexual Assualt???
as in inappropriate touching that was most likely accident or some shiet??

Anyways I believe their would be a lot of reasonable cases for Aspies to get Violent, at the end of the day, although
we may be many I do believe we are still getting support for ourselves set up so we are really getting messed with by the majority..

I do believe we are a special minority that needs a lot more of each of us Aspie to Help each other and try to network ourselves as
I hear all types of bad treatment we Aspies get :C

Oh, sure I can see some of us getting a bit l33t with technology, easy... big deal

ah....def I believe some Aspie would get into all types of scapegoat trouble in office businesses (I say because for some reason the film "Informant" with Matt Damon sticks out to me)

Etc;

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 9:08 am

Lets see... I'll start from the youngest ones that charges were filed on.

Bounced checks
Buying and receiving stolen proprty (federal)
Carrying a firearm without a licence
Receiving stolen property
Burglery tools
Assault
Assault
Assault
Aggrivated assault
Checks
Truancy (this one I fought, my daughter has a medical problem and I had an umbrella doctors note)

Those are caught and charged. I wasn't anybody's scapegoat.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 11:22 am

Self-medication. Or, in legalese: possession of illegal narcotics and drug paraphernalia.

(It is often said that marijuana causes depression, but it's actually the other way around: depressed people are more likely to self-medicate. And aspies are more likely to suffer from depression.)