The special ed at my school sucks.

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

the-comander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Aug 2014, 7:29 pm

theaspiemusician wrote:
I have many issues about my school, especially since they claim to be the best school out there (which is defidentally NOT the case, a lot of my friends transferred to new schools and loved those schools WAY more than mine) It's really just trying to be the center of attention and get funding, especially if that means make all the "special" kids look better at school than they really are to raise the test scores. My algebra teacher disrespects me, my Physical Science teacher is racist to all my friends and tried to get them expelled for [b]nothing[/b], and the aids dont help me AT ALL. I don't write down the answers they give me, if I fail, I fail. I'm no cheater.

wow. thats f****d up.
(also good job not taking there answers, by doing that your getting an actual education and learning which you wouldnt be doing if you did that)

the-comander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Aug 2014, 7:32 pm

MR20 wrote:
Special Ed was crap for me. They never taught us anything and it was nothing more than a glorified babysitting service. Also, you can forget about dating/having a social life once people find out you're in there.

The teachers weren't worth that much and even they picked on the students from time to time. It was wasteful to be there, considering no matter how bad you were at your work, (you could even miss half of the damn school year) you'll still get passed on to the next grade.

i wasnt in sped class (i had a 1/1 for most of middle school and it worked pretty well until i reached about 13 at which point i got kinda soccially concious about it and other kids started noticing it and i also started to see them as an authority figure i needed to rebel agenst) but i am currently in sped school, i think its been one of the few times in my life where ive been the normal one. pretty much the only time in my life ive met any furries (you dont want to know what that is, i really really regret asking about it) or neo nazis and one of the kids thought the goverment was going to put computer chips in are brains in 5 years and kept talking about how the jews were going to kill him i left that school and im at a slightly better one but i still see a lotta f****d up s**t. only have the first mounth of the year left actually going there though so im VERY VERY EXCITED to leave. but yeah, everything is super dumbed down and easy. english class is a f*****g joke there. honestly though the other kids in my school are all mentally unstable and/or deficant in some way so me and a lot of the teachers kinda feel sorry for them basicly i just dont tlk to anyone and everythings fine. still want to get out of there. im gonna be going into a class thats half sped half not but honestly i live in a unussually liberal area so it probably wont be that much of a big deal, also i dont take peoples s**t (also its not real sped its co taught so if i BS people a little bit they might not know), so that helps a lot to. when i was in middle school i had way more freinds then i ever did in sped ed despite acting really spastic and the truth is that the people in the schools ive been at are some seriously f****d up people, the first one especially but the second one as well, to be honest even though the cariculum in my current school is slightly easier it is in fact grade level, i dont think i can say the same about my last school. i had more freinds at my last school (then again i had all of two and i think the reason i decided to be freinds with them is because i wanted someone to protect my ass and there both really f*****g weird kids) but at the end of the day the truth is i had a way better soccial life despite the fact i acted tottally weird in middle school (i had more then 12 freinds most of which im still in contact with and they come over to my house ocasionally. im way closser to them then the kids i met in sped). this summer i almost had to do there summer program but i got out of doing it by doing summer school at the public high school and that went well so thats probably why im getting to go back. honestly when we were looking for the outplacment i was super insecure and acted like an ass because i hated myself so thats probably why i ended up in the places i did. my dad thinks if we had done it earlier i would have gone to a school for people more like me (aspergers/high functioning with normal to high i.q's as opposed to emotionally unstable kids most of which arent really aspie as much as ret*ds and/or on drugs.)

barnett
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Mar 2015, 7:17 am

Each person has a different opinion on Special Education. In my experience, each special ed program or school should be judged on an individual basis. Schools like Aaron School, NY and others provide an incredibly sound environment for kids with learning disabilities while you'll also find schools that just lump kids together and do nothing for their development.