MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
It looks so... old. :P

Love your signature.

How do NTs do that?

identity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 1:32 pm

I don't think it looks all that different.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 1:39 pm

Come on...isn't anyone interested in where NT came from?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 1:41 pm

smudge wrote:
And this is THE place where the term "NT" came from - The Institute for the Study of the Neurologically Typical

So the term originated from a pisstake? Seriously? That's excellent :lol:

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 3:17 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
smudge wrote:
And this is THE place where the term "NT" came from - The Institute for the Study of the Neurologically Typical

So the term originated from a pisstake? Seriously? That's excellent :lol:

Indeed. 8)

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 7:53 pm

smudge wrote:

Actually, the following website, while it claims that isnt.autistics.org popularized the term, it didn't coin it.

http://www.lumrix.net/medical/autism/neurotypical.html.

Quote:
The term was coined by members of an early, private list composed of mostly autistic adults and a few parents of autism spectrum children. Autistics.orgpopularized it years later with the ISNT website. As people from the original list joined other lists the term was used by more autistic spectrumindividuals, those who study them, and parents.

Who's to say for sure? :shrug:

I've actually been looking for earlier usage of the term (tried the wayback for insnt.autistics.org and others), but haven't found one yet.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 8:53 am

MrXxx wrote:
smudge wrote:

Actually, the following website, while it claims that isnt.autistics.org popularized the term, it didn't coin it.

http://www.lumrix.net/medical/autism/neurotypical.html.

Quote:
The term was coined by members of an early, private list composed of mostly autistic adults and a few parents of autism spectrum children. Autistics.orgpopularized it years later with the ISNT website. As people from the original list joined other lists the term was used by more autistic spectrumindividuals, those who study them, and parents.

Who's to say for sure? :shrug:

I've actually been looking for earlier usage of the term (tried the wayback for insnt.autistics.org and others), but haven't found one yet.

Interesting. I remember using it as far back as 1999 on the IRC chatrooms, but it appears that's the time the Isnt website came into existence. I suppose one way to find out would be to ask the people I used to chat to. Anecdotal, but it could lead to something.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 10:20 am

I'd like to see what WP will look like in 2024, if SOPA, PIPA and those other losers don't take over.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 10:53 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'd like to see what WP will look like in 2024, if SOPA, PIPA and those other losers don't take over.

maybe all the users and their avatars would exist in a holographic "holodeck"-like environment. VR has to take a greater role, eventually.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Feb 2012, 6:48 pm

Using the WayBack link of the first post on this thread I was able to retrieve WP Home-page as it was on the day before I joined:
http://web.archive.org/web/200701090924 ... lanet.net/

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2012, 6:52 pm

them were the days