Poll: If you tried dating, what flaw(s) did he/she have?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 2:26 am

Hmmm......

No.1: Was too self conscious of his weight and relied on me (and sex) too heavily to make him feel attractive. Whenever I didn't pay attention to him he took it the wrong way. He took me to GP's and psychs etc to get "help" for me, when in actual fact he just wanted to help himself (ie. get rid of my depression in order to increase my sex drive and make me more attentive toward him).

No.2: I think I was pretty much his first GF and he'd never experienced feelings of love before that. I think he only felt lust for me in the end and he couldn't tell love & lust apart. He generally took a long time to reply to my emails which wasn't conducive to building things between us. Ditched me and cut off contact when he didn't like how introverted I was when we met in person, after being together for 6 months.

No.3: (Casual affairs count here right?) Whisky d***, nuff said :P

No.4: Well, he still had fe........*keyboard suddenly screw up* .......0h n0, th v0wls 0n my kyb0rd w0nt w0rk nym0re!! ! 8O

T0 b p0std n0thr dy!!

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 4:04 am

1. He had a breakdown from pressure and shaved his head. I couldn't cope ar 14 and walked away.

2. Was gay but didn't realise until after we were engaged and living together. Now he is just bi and engaged to a lovely girl but she doesnt beleive in sex before marriage so after 6 years together they still haven't had sex. I wonder what his outcome with her will be.

1. (again). His mum went crazy and attacked me with a knife. He wanted to move out and live together. I was 18 and not ready so I walked away.

Number 3. He is my ex husband enough said.

Number 4. He is my current boyfriend and currently have love goggles on.

These are the 4 most significant relationships I have had except one long distance one.

So I'm never in a rush

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Jan 2012, 1:00 pm

I haven't' exactly dated per-say but I had two relationships.

1st girl had drug & alcohol problems & she would occasionally get in trouble & run to me for emotional support.

2nd girl was inconsistent; told me one thing one day & changed her mind a few days latter. Was hypocritical with affectation & being close; complained about me being clingy but would act very clingy with me & complained about me being withdrawn when I tried to give her space but would suddenly got upset when I tried being close & affectionate with her. She took charge of the relationship; she was unwilling to compromise, she refused to consider my input when making relationship or other decisions that involved & affected me,

I cant think of any common flaws between those girls except they were both a bit younger than me & maybe they both had some "daddy issues"; 1st girl never knew her dad & 2nd girl's dad was very contorting & somewhat emotionally abusive. I do NOT think a girl being a lot younger than me & having some "daddy issues" is necessarily a bad thing; it depends on how that affects the girl. A girl like the 1st one would be my ideal if she does not have drug & alcohol problems & doesn't get intro trouble.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 2:35 pm

First boyfriend: Lazy, unmotivated, complained all the time about anything, didn't want to work, wanted everything to be free and was a communist, wanted me to be his cab driver and never wanted to get his own license and drive because "it be cheaper" if I took him instead, full of BS and excuses, played mind games I suspect and used manipulation, tried to push his belies on to me and harass me about it. Joked all the time and wouldn't stop and then get mad at me for when I take him seriously. Very obsessed with sex.

Second boyfriend: Paranoid, homophobic, acted like a control freak, extremely ignorant and refused to learn anything, acted like I was ret*d, was a big hypocrite, always made me feel bad about myself, extremely sensitive so I always made him cry because I always said something wrong, always took things the wrong way I would say and even talking about what was bothering me or how I was feeling would upset him because he take it the wrong way. There was also possible manipulation going on there too. He also wouldn't let me try a long kiss on him so I could have that experience just once. Did false accusations on me. Get mad at me for my anxiety. He also very negative and had low self esteem.

Husband: Forgets to wipe crumbs off the counter, forgets to throw things away, won't watch his shows on TIVO that are sitting there for him to watch. Has to spend money to have fun and finds it stressful if he can't do anything that costs money like buying fast food or a dessert or a cup of coffee or going out to eat or renting a movie.