NEVER lived away from mom and dad?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 2:13 am

Outside of college dorms for awhile, I've never lived away from home. Anybody else like this?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 2:30 am

I've never lived away from home either. Life with my parents and younger brother is idyllic - we all get along very well and are doing well financially. I do wish that I could drive and have a job though, so I could at least get out of the house more. As of now, I typically only leave the house twice a week - on my mom's two days off from work.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 4:26 am

I moved out once for 3 months when I was 20 but that didn't work out since I had no income so I moved back home and have been there ever since.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Jan 2012, 4:42 am

I never lived away from home for a few different reasons. I have some physical disabilities in addition to my AS that make it very difficult for me to find a job. I'm also very dependent because of my disabilities. The docs were not aware of them or my AS when I was little so I had lots of problems learning to do things like most people so my family & others kept doing things for me instead of teaching me. I think I could learn a lot if I was in a different environment but I would NOT want to live alone even if I was more independent & found a job so I could afford to. My ideal situation would be to live with a girlfriend/'wife/partner if any women here are interested :wink:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 6:33 am

Nope, never.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 1:35 pm

I didn't move out until I was 32. I had a very close relationship with my family and I wanted to be with my dog.

identity
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 1:41 pm

No unfortunately I never have.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 3:15 pm

I've never lived away from my parents, either.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 3:53 pm

I'm still a minor (16) so I live with my parents, but I plan to move out either when I go to university (if it's far away/out of state; I'm considering Emory University, which is like 20 min. away) or when I graduate from it, if I end up going somewhere somewhat near my house. Who knows how that will work out, though. I'm trying to learn more independence skills (I should have gotten my driver's permit over a year ago and my license two months ago, but I was too lazy; I do want to do it soon, though) and I'm also starting to look for my first job. I hope it works out.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 4:26 pm

I haven't lived away from home either.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 5:07 pm

Moved out to get married 25 years ago. My mother lived with me in the early 2000's for a couple of years. I couldn't take that for long. Now she lives across the main road.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 5:10 pm

I lived with my mother collectively for 10 years of my life. The first 9 years of my life, then for a year when I turned 18. The rest of my adolescence was spent in foster care where half the time I was in a shelter and not with a family. I've not live with family since I was 19.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 9:56 pm

I have not.

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2012, 12:22 am

I would love to one day. Loved living in dorms minus loud roommates.

raykusray
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jan 2012, 8:18 am

I lived on my own a bit, but kept visiting my parents. I'm living with my parents now, it's cheaper and allows me to save money. Also, I always visited my parents frequently due to my mother's poor health, so now I can just walk over and check on her, instead of having to drive from where i was living.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 8:26 am

I've stayed a few weeks at a time away from home but still officially live with my parents. I can't wait to get out though.