Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 3:29 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:
TheygoMew wrote:
No, I'd think you were a psychopath nazi if you thought all autistics should not be born. If that is the case then yes.

I do indeed think that autistic children shouldn't been born into a world that is not prepared to accept them, tells them they have a mental disease and drives them into social isolation or worse. So I guess I am a psychopath Nazi.

what about the ones who have been born into such a world already?

I have no idea :( I guess all we can do is get a couple of cats and hang in there, although I don't have the slightest idea what for.

I just do my best to try and enjoy life, which may be surprising since I am a pessimist for the most part, but yeah I am not sure preventing my birth would have been the correct thing to do. I am not the one with the problem, the people who have made my life hell are the ones with the freaking problem. At least that is how I try to see it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 3:52 pm

Radiofixr wrote:
Well they are getting closer to being able to detect it in the unborn child-like it seems they want to do so they can detect it early enough so they can give the parents the option of aborting the child-it disturbs me to no end that they are striving for that goal just so people have only NT children.

I also find it disturbing. Think of what happened to all those down syndrome babies.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 3:59 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
I do indeed think that autistic children shouldn't been born into a world that is not prepared to accept them, tells them they have a mental disease and drives them into social isolation or worse. So I guess I am a psychopath Nazi.

Wow.

If that's the case, then people with Down Syndrome, Microcephaly, Spina Bifida, ADHD, and ingrown toenail shouldn't be born either.

Neurotypical society has always been obsessed with chasing after some notion of "perfection" and "normal". And guess what? They'll never catch it....because it does not exist. People who are more obviously different from the "norm" remind them just how elusive perfection is and that makes them very uneasy. They want to continue with their delusions of perfection so they abuse, reject, and marginalize people with disabilities so they can pretend there's such a thing and continue chasing it.

We can't let them decide whether or not our lives are worth it. We must keep insisting that we have the right to exist just as they do.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 4:14 pm

People completely misunderstand where I'm coming from here. My position is "primum non nocere". First, do no harm. Don't cause any suffering. If the world can't deal with us the way we are, if it is human nature to look at us as freaks and make our lives a living hell, then we shouldn't have been forced into this life to begin with.

People have the responsibility to make sure that the children they bring into this world have the chance to live a happy and fulfilling life. I don't care how they do it, but birthing us only to subject us to abuse and ridicule us is not an option.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 5:49 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
People completely misunderstand where I'm coming from here. My position is "primum non nocere". First, do no harm. Don't cause any suffering. If the world can't deal with us the way we are, if it is human nature to look at us as freaks and make our lives a living hell, then we shouldn't have been forced into this life to begin with.

People have the responsibility to make sure that the children they bring into this world have the chance to live a happy and fulfilling life. I don't care how they do it, but birthing us only to subject us to abuse and ridicule us is not an option.

The world isn't THAT bad.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html