Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

VesicaPisces
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Oct 2006, 9:55 am

I have had more than one experience. The most profound was when it was sometime in the early morning and a low frequency humming began to vibrate the whole house. It was as if something was above the domicile. I admit that even though I do not frighten easily anymore, at that moment I became somewhat anxious. What disturbed me the most was that no one awakened from their slumber. So I decided to wake my brother who was sleeping in the room that I was in. As soon as he began to come to conciousness the noise dissipated, almost instantaneously. I related the experience which I imagine he did not discount because him and I experienced a similar occurence that involved temporal dilation or lost time a few months before this event. Is there anyone else who would like to share their experience(s)?

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 11:01 am

I sometimes wonder about the most bizarre noises coming from outside (I leave my window open all night) at 4am every morning, but I cannot say if its extra-terrestial or not. You should contact somebody about this if it is worrying you, perhaps some sort of ET association? There may be others there who have experienced the same thing - you could discuss it with them.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 6:49 pm

Sounds simiral to three experiences i have had. I have seen three ufos in my life time

Sixela
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2006, 7:10 pm

I've seen some weird things in the sky at night, always when I was alone and they were gone by the time someone would coming running to see what I was on about. Quite a few times really, I cover the windows at night now, ALWAYS. Though, I've talked to several people who live near me about those particular experiences and some of them report the exact same sightings. I've seen some wierd things (animals? I don't know) flying around in the daytime. I've seen 'ball lightening' once, but scientists say that doesn't exist, so I guess it was what people refer to these days as an 'orb'. I have my own theory on the 'orb' and what they actually are. I've had lucid dreams, not intentionally, those are WEIRD. I've had experience with, I'll call them entities, that I really don't want to even think about. But the most disturbing were my nightmares when I was young, I still swear some of them actually happened. All these things I've experienced make me wonder what the hell is actually 'terrestrial' in the first place.

VesicaPisces
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Oct 2006, 2:25 am

It does not worry me in the least SteelMaiden. I have become open to a broader perception of that which is. I appreciate your compassion though.

Sixella. Do you really mean that "some" scientists say that ball lightning doesnt exist? Also, I am very interested in your account of these entities. What kind of entities? Transdimensional? Transpersonal?

Sixela
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2006, 11:34 am

VesicaPisces - Sure, 'some' scirentists. I realize I was generalizing, I do that when I'm talking about something that annoys me, and it definately annoys me when people doubt things just because they can't reproduce them, or what have you. Besides, the orb really put me on edge and no-one I told about it seemed to believe me enough to comfort me about it; I was young and nervous about life in general, let alone glowing balls of light flying around in my backyard.

'Entities' I've never done any real research about at all, so I don't have a clue how to categorize these experiences. And a few of them I don't remember, (recounted to me by a family member) but I'll forget about those for now, they were more psycic experiences anyway as far as I can discern.

My first experience of this nature happened when I was about three years old. It was a big time for me because my parents had decided to move my sleeping area from a crib in my brother's room, to the lower bunk (bunks beds, of course) in my sister's room. I was exited to be sharing a room with my big sis, and to have a 'big girl's bed'. Anyway, one night not long after the big move, my mother tucked me in and told my sister to do her homework elsewhere, she turned off the light and they both left. I never slept with a nightlight on, so it was dark except for some residual light coming from a few sources (outside lights, light from the door crack of my room). I was comfortable and felt safe, and was just drifting off to sleep when I felt something tap me on the back (I was laying on my side), then it tugged my pajamas, and pinched me once, but not painfully.

Now, my bed was pushed in a corner with the head of the bed against one wall, and the side of the bed which my back was facing against the other. I'm 100% positive I was alone in the room, I'm very sensitive and would've noticed anyone in there right away. I could see my surroundings to an extent, it wasn't pitch black or anything, and I saw nothing, I didn't hear anything, smell anything, I just felt this thing do what it did. It took me over ten years to get over this experience enough not to have to fall asleep on my back. It didn't harm me physically, it just terrerized my mind that I could be affected by something that I couldn't sense. I still don't know what to think about it, I was used to my new arrangements by then and lived in the same house, slept in the same room for many years after, and nothing like this ever happened again.

VesicaPisces - What do you think? I'd apprieciate any feedback on this, I'm open to opinion about it.

ooohprettycolors
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2006, 8:43 pm

Sleep paralysis, or more properly, sleep paralysis with hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations have been singled out as a particularly likely source of beliefs concerning not only alien abductions, but all manner of beliefs in alternative realities and otherworldly creatures. Sleep paralysis is a condition in which someone, most often lying in a supine position, about to drop off to sleep, or just upon waking from sleep realizes that s/he is unable to move, or speak, or cry out. This may last a few seconds or several moments, occasionally longer. People frequently report feeling a "presence" that is often described as malevolent, threatening, or evil. An intense sense of dread and terror is very common. The presence is likely to be vaguely felt or sensed just out of sight but thought to be watching or monitoring, often with intense interest, sometimes standing by, or sitting on, the bed. On some occasions the presence may attack, strangling and exerting crushing pressure on the chest. People also report auditory, visual, proprioceptive, and tactile hallucinations, as well as floating sensations and out-of-body experiences (Hufford, 1982).

http://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html

This happened to me once when i was 14 and hadn't slept for 36 hours from a sleepover party. I heard a loud vibrating noise comming from inside my room and i couldn't move or speak. I thought I went into a coma from eating too much candy with too little sleep! Years later i found this site. Sleep paralysis happens to one of my NT friends about once a month.