Helped a friend pull a fire alarm in a fire

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

travelplus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jan 2012, 12:13 am

The other day I was with my friend who is around my age 26 and we discovered a fire while we were outside.

I saw my friend at the fire alarm unsure of how to break the glass so I offered my help as I was in a similar situation a year ago with my mom where we discovered a fire. I read the directions out loud and then kicked the glass as there was no hammer. You had to then push in the button and pull the handle down as well.

I told my friend what I was doing and to kick back and up to get the glass to break. I did two slow kicks to see how high I needed to kick and to show him.

He said can I kick some for you and I said sure because I wanted to figure out how the handle gets pulled.

So I kicked the glass another time and had my friend read the direction about pulling the handle.

So my friend and I pushed in the button and pulled the handle down and the alarm went off but not the general alarm it was beeping slowly so I said we should pull another alarm just in case.

We ran to another alarm and on this alarm my friend and I took turns kicking the glass as we were not in a rush to get this alarm going off as the alarm was sounding but not everywhere. We then pulled the handle down and it worked.

I was wondering if you would have done the same thing with your friend. We really felt proud we saved the building. My friends Mom was looking for us and saw us pulling the alarm and she did not want to intervene because she saw we were doing as good as we could.

Was it ok for the mom to watch as we were both adults and she said let me know if you need help. I said we're good.