Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 3:05 am

Lately i feel i am suffering from shopcoholism. I have many dresses but yet i end up visiting the malls and keep buying dresses and shoes.
I dont even attend social functions so the dresses and shoes just end up lying in the cupboard or at a later time i end up wearing them at home

Actually there is so much emptiness in me others have friends, relatives, parents, siblings etc they attend social functions whereas i dont know how to spend the weekend so i just go on a shopping spree and end up buying useless stuff

is this ok or im in serious trouble :?

LadySera
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jan 2012, 3:39 am

I've had problems with overspending. I still struggle with it sometimes.

quirkyness
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2012, 4:15 am

It can be a problem when you can't pay your bills! I have a similar addiction myself. I can't resist buying something, especially when it is on sale! :) Sometimes I buy things just because they look nice and maybe someday I will wear them. Yet someday never comes..... hang in there, Namaste!

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Jan 2012, 9:40 am

I don't have many sources of enjoyment and as much as I resist it, there's nothing that makes my day better than shopping! And I do all of it on-line, so I don't have to brave the malls. I can control my credit cards, except in December which was so horrid that I shopped till I dropped. I'm not shopping at all now - gotta pay down that credit card.

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2012, 11:10 pm

I've been shopping a lot, since about a year back. Like you, I do it because of the emptiness within me... I am *very* unhappy... basically dead inside. But getting a new package, every now and then, to go through and be sort of happy from, for a day or two, at least, feels worth it, to me. The ones sent from Japan are the most fun. I currently am waiting for two packages from Japan. I'm ordering a new one, later this month, too. I also am waiting for two packages from resellers in Sweden. >_> One of them is with anime... I'm going to get one of Sweden's biggest anime collections, haha. I still can pay my bills, but I've felt like I've been about to lose control, several times. Aside from always remaining able to pay my bills, my main rule tends to be that what I buy is stuff that I will have use for, and that I will have room for it. I don't want to end up as one of those with an apartment/house that is all ugly, from being crowded with things. :/

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2012, 5:32 am

i have started throwing away fashionable tops which i wore 3-4 times only
i need to keep a tab on my shopcoholism :cry:

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2012, 5:38 pm

Don't throw them away - wasting things is never good. Sell them, instead, or maybe donate them to a good charity organization who would be prepared to sell them.

Yes, I do need to keep a tab on it, as well. -_- Except for more anime, I suppose, and manga. I don't really need that much more stuff... also, getting new stuff loses its feeling if done too often. :|

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2012, 6:01 pm

Beauty_pact wrote:
I've been shopping a lot, since about a year back. Like you, I do it because of the emptiness within me... I am *very* unhappy... basically dead inside. But getting a new package, every now and then, to go through and be sort of happy from, for a day or two, at least, feels worth it, to me. The ones sent from Japan are the most fun. I currently am waiting for two packages from Japan. I'm ordering a new one, later this month, too. I also am waiting for two packages from resellers in Sweden. >_> One of them is with anime... I'm going to get one of Sweden's biggest anime collections, haha. I still can pay my bills, but I've felt like I've been about to lose control, several times. Aside from always remaining able to pay my bills, my main rule tends to be that what I buy is stuff that I will have use for, and that I will have room for it. I don't want to end up as one of those with an apartment/house that is all ugly, from being crowded with things. :/

I have an anime collection too, it's my guilty pleasure. I feel like a shopaholic when I buy anything that's not anime. When I go out and over spend needlessly on shoes, clothing, arts/craft stuff, I feel a little guilty, but NEVER when I buy an anime item from japan. (T_T) It's the only thing I never question. Sometimes I do sell some of my anime collection that doesn't pertain to one particular show I really like so I can have room for my fav stuff. The way you described getting a package in the mail I can so relate LOL.

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2012, 6:58 pm

I don't ever feel bad about any of the anime boxes/DVD's, either. :p I feel like I have to archive it all for the future, even, and not just for myself. If I won on the lottery, I'd get one of the biggest anime and manga collections there is. I'd have a whole library of it. ^^ I wish I could understand Japanese, though - if I'd order more unusual animes from Japan, I'd have to rip them, afterwards, and add subtitles, myself... which of course could just be better, as fan translations usually are more well done. My only problem with buying anime is not knowing if there is censorship in it, with a better version available, elsewhere... I hate censorship; it's like being ripped off, if you buy that. Any suggestions on how to avoid buying botchered versions? Maybe there are groups or forums that discuss it.

Edit: I don't mean to cause this thread to be taken over with unrelevant discussions, though.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 4:09 am

Beauty_pact wrote:
Don't throw them away - wasting things is never good. Sell them, instead, or maybe donate them to a good charity organization who would be prepared to sell them.

. :|

i tried to sell them off at cheap prices but no buyer came along
they are in very good state not even torn
also i tried to give it away to the children in NGO i work for
but again nothing worked out............
so i guess i will donate it away