Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 9:22 pm

The weirdest thing I've done in private falls into the TMI (too much information) category :P

In public... I don't know, there were so many weird things. Just recently, I had an embarrassingly weird chat. I hit the salad bar at a supermarket, and I know from experience that the lids of the plastic bowls for the salad won't stay on right if you transport them in a shopping bag. Especially not during a bumpy bike ride. I had meant to buy some scotch tape to secure the lids, but forgot about it while I was in the shop. I didn't want to go back in there with my bags lest they'd think I had stolen something, so I went to the nearby post office instead, which also carries adhesive tape.

When I got to the counter, the clerk made a cheerful comment like "Scotch tape! Great choice. Always good to have." I was startled and didn't know what to do. He had not told me how much I owed him, so I wasn't able to complete the transaction as planned. I could have just given him a 10 Euro bill, but he seemed to wait for me to say something in return. On a bad day, this would have sent me into a panic attack, but I was feeling pretty good for a change and thought I'd give this small talk thing a try that everyone is raving about. I tried to come up with something witty or at least halfway sensible to say, but what do you reply to a comment like that? After a painfully long pause, I eventually blurted out "um, yes, I need it for a salad". :roll: :wall:

He looked at me like people usually do when I open my mouth, i.e. with an expression that seemed to say "oh sh*t, I'm dealing with a crazy person". I should have just shut up and thrown some money onto the counter, but I felt the need to explain myself and rambled something like "erm, I mean, I just bought it. Over there. They have these... erm... these little bowls. The last time I bought one it made a total mess. I mean, in my bag. That's why I need the tape". I stuttered on like that for a while and just couldn't snap out of it, until he interrupted me with "oh I'm sure it will all work out just fine, don't you worry about a thing, that will be 2.79 then, good luck with your salad". I don't think I will try myself at social chit chat again anytime soon :|

Last edited by CrazyCatLord on 29 Jan 2012, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 9:25 pm

This week? I took part in an exorcism.

Not that weird really, I'm sure other kinds of people do them all the time, and very sensible too.

What is weird? I think my life is weird, but quietly so. It's not a riot of weird. It's low key, chronic weirdness.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 10:13 pm

One time, my mom was fussing at me for... idk, something involving the kitchen and spaghetti. So, to get her to quit fussing, without saying a word I got out a bottle of ranch dressing, and filled up a glass with it, and proceeded to drink the entire thing. It worked, she quit fussing and just stood there with her mouth stuck mid word :lol: The strangest thing to me was how easy it was to drink ranch dressing, it was a bit like drinking a... I'm not shore what it was like drinking, but it went down easy 8)

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 10:47 pm

Moog wrote:
This week? I took part in an exorcism.

Not that weird really, I'm sure other kinds of people do them all the time, and very sensible too.

What is weird? I think my life is weird, but quietly so. It's not a riot of weird. It's low key, chronic weirdness.

really did it work
were you able to get the ghost out of the person