Page 393 of 394 [ 5907 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 390, 391, 392, 393, 394  Next

Cloudman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Oct 2019, 7:18 pm

Jakki wrote:
Uhm well.do i cry or whine or just be queitly blue . Keep having high hopes for this space on the net.Maybe am just slow....they write about social issues ..hope can be slippery..

Coffee helps but it makes skin sweaty and with humidity, skin reacts badly .i hate having to take meds,which am seeming to get a tolerance too. Would ask a doctor to admit me. But visits there
,last few would rather just sleep behind a dumpster. But i have to have a place to be.need to change environment..Change prespective. Think i still have value as s person. Sometimes things are just very hard. Am understanding aloness. But when last 2 friends past in last 2 yrs. Nobody knows me,or prolly will ever now. Its late in the life...and snow is settled on the peaks....but am not really that old, not so sure life is meant to have to be endured..most of it .. just living it,would have been nice.
I suppose . Do aspies feel..? "A ode to depression"
yes the solution is likely change if you have to take classes go to new events whatever, this is a place to connect with others who understand you even if they don’t directly talk with you many on here say some useful information

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 6:34 am

Thank you .

Quote:
whereever you go ,there you are

Cloudman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2019, 7:17 am

Jakki wrote:
Thank you .

I’ve noticed there are people who you least expect who will be there for you. So it’s best to just go for it do things which make you happy don’t be afraid to do something new. You usually meet interesting people when you attend something to do with your interest you were afraid of or embarrassed to do. I’d like to know what your interest is?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 12:22 pm

Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Thank you .

I’ve noticed there are people who you least expect who will be there for you. So it’s best to just go for it do things which make you happy don’t be afraid to do something new. You usually meet interesting people when you attend something to do with your interest you were afraid of or embarrassed to do. I’d like to know what your interest is?

My interests are unusually diverse . Loves tinkering with low voltage security
Devises .most things halloweenish costumes , especially animatronics . And mechanisms .vehicles more unusual the better , Good quality food . Cooking not so much anymore. Sci Fi cons .. most innovative the better. Costumes , male and female. Vulcan and borgs as a seperate interest . Assuaging ones mind. And Nootropics. TY for asking 8O

Quote:

Cloudman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2019, 10:04 pm

Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Thank you .

Devises .most things halloweenish costumes , especially animatronics . And mechanisms .vehicles more unusual the better , Good quality food . Cooking not so much anymore. Sci Fi cons .. most innovative the better. Costumes , male and female. Vulcan and borgs as a seperate interest . Assuaging ones mind. And Nootropics. TY for asking 8O

I think that’s great I’m not into that but I understand the appeal. I can’t imagine how you’d ever be bored your a interesting person . Why not cooking is life it’s gotten me out of dark places i also garden. I could give you some recipes if you’d like maybe I can renew your interest sometimes it just takes a new look at something again to get a different perspective.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 9:01 am

Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Thank you .

I think that’s great I’m not into that but I understand the appeal. I can’t imagine how you’d ever be bored your a interesting person . Why not cooking is life it’s gotten me out of dark places i also garden. I could give you some recipes if you’d like maybe I can renew your interest sometimes it just takes a new look at something again to get a different perspective.

Well tyvm... loss of husband do to homicide , kinda hurt my willingness to just cook for myself. Feels alittle lonily . Gardening is hurt by allergies but that being said been trying to transplant day lillies . With little success , can you offer suggestions also adding coffee grounds in the yard seems to help anything grow? .. not tried on the eternal infernal grapes of wrath orchard.
Established by in laws over 30 yrs ago .. suggestions on times of year to cut them back ? 20x60 ft orchard. Thank you .. ! Btw

Quote:

Cloudman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Oct 2019, 11:02 pm

Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Thank you .

Well tyvm... loss of husband do to homicide , kinda hurt my willingness to just cook for myself. Feels alittle lonily . Gardening is hurt by allergies but that being said been trying to transplant day lillies . With little success , can you offer suggestions also adding coffee grounds in the yard seems to help anything grow? .. not tried on the eternal infernal grapes of wrath orchard.
Established by in laws over 30 yrs ago .. suggestions on times of year to cut them back ? 20x60 ft orchard. Thank you .. ! Btw

I’m sorry to hear things are not always good but you must live for him. I understand. Really I see maybe they are too mature sometimes you have to separate the roots for the plant to grow. It might they are acidic I think so some plants may not like it ud have to see if that specific plant liked that condition also don’t mix it in leave it on top it will suck n2 nitrogen from the soil. It’s been a while but i think in the winter or early spring the old growth needs pruned 3 to 5 nodes per spur np

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 11:41 pm

Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Thank you .

I’m sorry to hear things are not always good but you must live for him. I understand. Really I see maybe they are too mature sometimes you have to separate the roots for the plant to grow. It might they are acidic I think so some plants may not like it ud have to see if that specific plant liked that condition also don’t mix it in leave it on top it will suck n2 nitrogen from the soil. It’s been a while but i think in the winter or early spring the old growth needs pruned 3 to 5 nodes per spur np
thank you very much ,! i know its time to start all the fall / winter stuff .Yard here is a gandful, for any three people, 12 60 yr old growth trees on a acres , oaks mainly , and maple.. omg , when the leaves get busy dropping , my life is yard work. Been a wet year too. Got good yard equipment , just body does not keep up... lol thank you again ! Needed this. :D

Quote:

Cloudman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2019, 8:21 am

Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Thank you .

thank you very much ,! i know its time to start all the fall / winter stuff .Yard here is a gandful, for any three people, 12 60 yr old growth trees on a acres , oaks mainly , and maple.. omg , when the leaves get busy dropping , my life is yard work. Been a wet year too. Got good yard equipment , just body does not keep up... lol thank you again ! Needed this. :D
no problem you know to gardeners like me leaves are gold you can compost them also from my observation the soil under leaves is usually fertile enough for vegetables. You can use a mower to cut them up unto smaller pieces to break down more easily it’s a lot of land tho maybe u can hire someone. Tho yard work is not so bad if you got head phones and a clear objective goals new ideas to make the yard better can become a form of meditation. It’s all about framing why go to the gym if you can exercise pick up leaves.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 7:56 pm

Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Thank you .

no problem you know to gardeners like me leaves are gold you can compost them also from my observation the soil under leaves is usually fertile enough for vegetables. You can use a mower to cut them up unto smaller pieces to break down more easily it’s a lot of land tho maybe u can hire someone. Tho yard work is not so bad if you got head phones and a clear objective goals new ideas to make the yard better can become a form of meditation. It’s all about framing why go to the gym if you can exercise pick up leaves.

Okay am drawing the line : tongue in cheek, Lol enough exercise for 3 people .
And yes it does become a zen practice, but , forget to take breaks ,eat.. lolz
When am in process of good honest physical collapse , am consulting the RedBull can .. for guidance. And on i go .. the 3 days ill, whether am done or not . Ill from fatigue. Then start all over again .. yes indeed just last 2 years figured the mulching out. Problem is when must address entire 3/4 acre of leaves at depths of 1 inch to 12 inch depths , with 1/4 acre at least at 1 foot depth ,
Happening , 3 times over the course of a 2 month period . It does stress the health/ energy . Most of the trees range at 40 feet and higher , and mulch bin very large is overfull from last year . Seriously leaf piles in non grass areas can be 3-4 ft . Have large lawn vac , which fills up in 20 mins of vaccuming.
But as late hubby said right tool for right job .. Am invested in lawn equipment .
Wide cut riding lawn mower . Stihl string trimmers with attachments , until disabled left arm got to be too much, went to battery operated , lighter weight.
Lotsa bushes surrounding perimeter of property, much trimming required.
AUGH..,! over head use of , trimmers gas or electric . Causes much pain .
Left shoulder outta wack. But , Redbull to the rescue . Until , arm gets to point of excrusiating . 24 hrs aday . Docs do not see a broken arm , so noo pain killers. Already seeing backcrackerchiropractor 1-2x a week . Very few gardners in this area , often scared away by gang .Gaslighting... wanting the work, so they can size up the home for burglary . Personal experience , and noticed this affectation in the neighborhood . Property here does need hands on approach . Lotsa detail.
House of gang members , only doors away , Elderly grandmotherly looking woman . Guides the gang on potential targets , on account she intrudes into everyones business, directly or by happenstance, asking others about , Her neighbors affairs that think she is a innocent. Living farther down the street,Not even realizing , the cause of their neighborhood burglary , drug problem comes from her gang , brood ,group of so called homeless . That are personal friends to the gangmembers living there. Knew this woman 10 yrs before realising,these things. Aspies make perfect targets .
Sorry venting here , had a couple of great gardners , that had seen these people approach , and never seen or heard from my gardners again.

So yes , am not good at pacing myself , when in RedBull powered Zen mode. Looolz. Not needing redbull for that either but faced with uber amount before winter snow.... you get busy. Ty very much on the coffee info , explains why transplanted lillies did not work, and some grass patch work . :) Yes , am getting the leaves like gold comment bettter these days . Ty again

Quote:

Cloudman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2019, 6:29 am

Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Thank you .

When am in process of good honest physical collapse , am consulting the RedBull can .. for guidance. And on i go .. the 3 days ill, whether am done or not . Ill from fatigue. Then start all over again .. yes indeed just last 2 years figured the mulching out. Problem is when must address entire 3/4 acre of leaves at depths of 1 inch to 12 inch depths , with 1/4 acre at least at 1 foot depth ,
Happening , 3 times over the course of a 2 month period . It does stress the health/ energy . Most of the trees range at 40 feet and higher , and mulch bin very large is overfull from last year . Seriously leaf piles in non grass areas can be 3-4 ft . Have large lawn vac , which fills up in 20 mins of vaccuming.
But as late hubby said right tool for right job .. Am invested in lawn equipment .
Wide cut riding lawn mower . Stihl string trimmers with attachments , until disabled left arm got to be too much, went to battery operated , lighter weight.
Left shoulder outta wack. But , Redbull to the rescue . Until , arm gets to point of excrusiating . 24 hrs aday . Docs do not see a broken arm , so noo pain killers. Already seeing backcrackerchiropractor 1-2x a week . Very few gardners in this area , often scared away by gang .Gaslighting... wanting the work, so they can size up the home for burglary . Personal experience , and noticed this affectation in the neighborhood . Property here does need hands on approach . Lotsa detail.
House of gang members , only doors away , Elderly grandmotherly looking woman . Guides the gang on potential targets , on account she intrudes into everyones business, directly or by happenstance, asking others about , Her neighbors affairs that think she is a innocent. Living farther down the street,Not even realizing , the cause of their neighborhood burglary , drug problem comes from her gang , brood ,group of so called homeless . That are personal friends to the gangmembers living there. Knew this woman 10 yrs before realising,these things. Aspies make perfect targets .
Sorry venting here , had a couple of great gardners , that had seen these people approach , and never seen or heard from my gardners again.

So yes , am not good at pacing myself , when in RedBull powered Zen mode. Looolz. Not needing redbull for that either but faced with uber amount before winter snow.... you get busy. Ty very much on the coffee info , explains why transplanted lillies did not work, and some grass patch work . :) Yes , am getting the leaves like gold comment bettter these days . Ty again
that sounds rough you are taking on a lot yourself. Maybe you just need a schedule I was dealing with something similar getting obsessed with garden work so what I did was set a time each day to do it at the extreme I would set a timer on my phone ex looked something like this
Exercise
Garden work
Do chores
Ext
I hope everything is good that is a little scary I would grow big thorn bushes and probably have a gun. Also I always wondered if this would work if you get a giant tarp for all the leaves to fall on would be very heavy but might work. You are probably like dig dug out there I can’t imagine so many leaves I’d have one side with them and one side I process them I’d look like the crazy leaf man

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 1:05 pm

Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Thank you .

that sounds rough you are taking on a lot yourself. Maybe you just need a schedule I was dealing with something similar getting obsessed with garden work so what I did was set a time each day to do it at the extreme I would set a timer on my phone ex looked something like this
Exercise
Garden work
Do chores
Ext
I hope everything is good that is a little scary I would grow big thorn bushes and probably have a gun. Also I always wondered if this would work if you get a giant tarp for all the leaves to fall on would be very heavy but might work. You are probably like dig dug out there I can’t imagine so many leaves I’d have one side with them and one side I process them I’d look like the crazy leaf man

Thank you for that timer idea , and yes , i do appear as crazy leaf lady , when doing this. Dust mask and all. Am not really able to work on a schedule except , wake up time to dark, when at home . Much better when not at home.
And bought the tarp 2 yrs ago , very large one , never even unwrapped it .
Lawn vac is type with 4X4 bin on it .and attached mulcher .tow behind riding lawnmower. But the piles gets too big from non grassy areas . So i make several trips up into back to dump it . Mulched leaves break down faster than whole , so tarp idea went away quick . Have order a new spine for myself via amazon. Cause of back issues .Am waiting . And waiting and.........

Oddly enough one mucinex high potency allergy pills and redbull and truley believe , i have wings . Most likely the angel floating away from my poor body decomposing in the mulched leaf pile .. :D but as my twice removed great great Auntie once said , "you can rest when you die." Thank you . Just being able to share and get good feedback on this info. Is valuable to me.

Quote:

Cloudman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2019, 7:51 am

Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Thank you .

Exercise
Garden work
Do chores
Ext

Thank you for that timer idea , and yes , i do appear as crazy leaf lady , when doing this. Dust mask and all. Am not really able to work on a schedule except , wake up time to dark, when at home . Much better when not at home.
Lawn vac is type with 4X4 bin on it .and attached mulcher .tow behind riding lawnmower. But the piles gets too big from non grassy areas . So i make several trips up into back to dump it . Mulched leaves break down faster than whole , so tarp idea went away quick . Have order a new spine for myself via amazon. Cause of back issues .Am waiting . And waiting and.........

Oddly enough one mucinex high potency allergy pills and redbull and truley believe , i have wings . Most likely the angel floating away from my poor body decomposing in the mulched leaf pile .. :D but as my twice removed great great Auntie once said , "you can rest when you die." Thank you . Just being able to share and get good feedback on this info. Is valuable to me.
haha that’s not good why don’t you hire someone? Or better yet a young apprentice of sorts. Facebook has all kinds of stuff like that offer some one some garden space in return for cleaning up your leaves. I would take that offer I love gardening I’m sure there are more people like me. You can get people from other places if you’re worried you think u will die anyway why not do it in a way that you can inspire people

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 12:13 pm

Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Thank you .

Exercise
Garden work
Do chores
Ext

haha that’s not good why don’t you hire someone? Or better yet a young apprentice of sorts. Facebook has all kinds of stuff like that offer some one some garden space in return for cleaning up your leaves. I would take that offer I love gardening I’m sure there are more people like me. You can get people from other places if you’re worried you think u will die anyway why not do it in a way that you can inspire people

In a ideal world , LOVE your advise on this . Have been looking for years .
Once taught another woman how to solder smaller circuits . Offered to teach stick welding . Easier stuff , well she was a autodidact. So once on soldering it was in her ,head . Offered welding again and again, she could not make time.
Unlike learning times of year to fertilize type of fertilizer. (.No so sure myself ).trimmming trees feng shui smaller bushes that wanna be trees . Undercutting , equip maintence , (less so with battery stuff)
Lawn mower maintenence etc. Am in male oriented city edged by farming community . Locally , druggies and peeps who want to be most macho !
Not learn from a WOMAN.. no not never. But harass cause she does do stuff they cannot , yes , and lets do it as a group , especially when not home . CAN WE DAMAGE things so she needs us to do it our way . Tried local help , when was in the house, new very good gardner at wrk, they scared him off. I saw the tale end of that transaction, gardner never answered his phone again. Never seen again. But am venting here. AND been lazy about seeking help .
My defence , many times have had to do over others work , cause poor work ethic, or they did, without a thought as to how...many times much harder on me physically . But it gets done right and expediantly. When in another business actually had people come up to help me move refrigerator sized equipment.
And they want to do it there way . OMG .. please but ty no ty . Literally these people would literally endanger the equipment and add hours to my work day.

2 pieces of advise on things hubby left me on working , work smart and right tool for right job. He learned how to build things to accomodate , people with some disabilities .Your awefully patient to read my ramblings but tyvm for allowing me too. A hug offered in relation to advise you have presented to me.

Quote:

Cloudman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2019, 9:27 am

Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Thank you .

Exercise
Garden work
Do chores
Ext

In a ideal world , LOVE your advise on this . Have been looking for years .
Once taught another woman how to solder smaller circuits . Offered to teach stick welding . Easier stuff , well she was a autodidact. So once on soldering it was in her ,head . Offered welding again and again, she could not make time.
Unlike learning times of year to fertilize type of fertilizer. (.No so sure myself ).trimmming trees feng shui smaller bushes that wanna be trees . Undercutting , equip maintence , (less so with battery stuff)
Lawn mower maintenence etc. Am in male oriented city edged by farming community . Locally , druggies and peeps who want to be most macho !
Not learn from a WOMAN.. no not never. But harass cause she does do stuff they cannot , yes , and lets do it as a group , especially when not home . CAN WE DAMAGE things so she needs us to do it our way . Tried local help , when was in the house, new very good gardner at wrk, they scared him off. I saw the tale end of that transaction, gardner never answered his phone again. Never seen again. But am venting here. AND been lazy about seeking help .
My defence , many times have had to do over others work , cause poor work ethic, or they did, without a thought as to how...many times much harder on me physically . But it gets done right and expediantly. When in another business actually had people come up to help me move refrigerator sized equipment.
And they want to do it there way . OMG .. please but ty no ty . Literally these people would literally endanger the equipment and add hours to my work day.

2 pieces of advise on things hubby left me on working , work smart and right tool for right job. He learned how to build things to accomodate , people with some disabilities .Your awefully patient to read my ramblings but tyvm for allowing me too. A hug offered in relation to advise you have presented to me.
I understand people Can be unreliable, but it’s more about quality than quantity you got to find the right people I’d even suggest a little transparency tell them your situation and see if there are actually brave souls who will take on the challenge I know people here who would not be afraid. I say you can’t get a opportunity without looking. there might be someone looking to meet the challenge. I’ve studied horticulture so I know I thing or two in the subject don’t mind listening I’d really like to help I also understand that people have work and a life so this will be difficult but not impossible let the internet work for you just put out the offer and see what’s available . I guess I got used to it because I was always the only one to listen to my own ramblings, to me it’s just you talking it’s sort of my unbiased personality I like to hear people out it helps me as well to understand you. If you hadn’t told me I would have just had to go off of assumptions which I don’t like doing unlike most people. He had good advice when I also think that way I get accused of complaining or being lazy. I’m a sort of tactical thinker .when I suggest new tools not always tho. You know you’re husbands advice applies to all situations.