Page 395 of 400 [ 6395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 392, 393, 394, 395, 396, 397, 398 ... 400  Next

Handa Rei
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Apr 2023, 4:29 am

Popular shmopular, am I right guys?

Dmitriy Johnovich Volkov
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Apr 2023, 4:58 pm

Hi i just joined and am very unpopular. I get ignored every day at school even by the teachers and i would really love to make some friends!! ! :D

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 5:00 pm

Dmitriy Johnovich Volkov wrote:
Hi i just joined and am very unpopular. I get ignored every day at school even by the teachers and i would really love to make some friends!! ! :D

Nice to meet you, welcome to the club.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TT1660
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2023, 9:23 am

I thought this thread was for folks on this forum who don't fit in (like me). I guess I'll just sneak out, and shut the door as quietly as possible.

Handa Rei
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2023, 10:30 am

TT1660 wrote:
I thought this thread was for folks on this forum who don't fit in (like me). I guess I'll just sneak out, and shut the door as quietly as possible.

According to the OP, it is. Does anyone here fit in though? What exactly is there to fit in to? Everyone's so different despite sharing the label autistic. There doesn't appear to be cliques for example but rather, people who have known each other a long time just by being on this site for years. I wonder if it was different when this thread was made, when the forum (presumably) had more active members.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 5:32 pm

If you have met one person with Autism. . .

Then you have met One person with Autism.

TT1660
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2023, 9:01 pm

Handa Rei wrote:
TT1660 wrote:

According to the OP, it is. Does anyone here fit in though? What exactly is there to fit in to? Everyone's so different despite sharing the label autistic. There doesn't appear to be cliques for example but rather, people who have known each other a long time just by being on this site for years. I wonder if it was different when this thread was made, when the forum (presumably) had more active members.

To me, communication is just that. When I witness adeptness, confidence, lack of any visible insecurities, then I literally can't tell the difference between NTs and 'ND's, ie folks with autism. I recall being at an event where two ladies, which might as well have been from Pluto were exchanging words in a highly intelligent and competent manner, making me feel like a stain in a bloody toilet bowl, due to some bloody f up, which I mentioned in another post.

A few members here just annoy the hell out of me. I assume their own insecurities have gotten the better of them, and let them run rampant. Unbelieveable, I managed to type a post without repeating the same phrase/remark 4 times.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2023, 10:25 am

Being popular, in my mind, means having many people who admire you or respect you or like you. Being unpopular means either: having few or no people who feel that way about you, or having many people who dislike you.

I doubt very seriously that every member of Wrongplanet has exactly the same level of popularity or unpopularity when measured by the universe of people who are members of Wrongplanet.

It may be true that we all (all members of Wrongplanet) have below average popularity in the universe of all people everywhere (or all people we interact with) but I think this thread is for those who hoped to find more popularity here in the Wrongplanet community than “out there” and did not.

Google “the double empathy theory”. This thread shows that while the theory may have some statistical truth to it - it is still not a “fix all”, and the reality of Autism is more complicated than the proponents of the theory would like us to think.

As I once said to my therapist “two nearsighted archers are not magical going to become better shots just because they have something in common”.

I may still have a hard time feeling comfortable, understood, welcomed and liked here on Wrongplanet, or on this thread, but I might be better able to empathize or at least relate to others that also have that experience - at least a bit more than the average person.

So…
Welcome to all unpopular members of Wrongplanet. I may not get everything - bit I get that.
Me too.

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2023, 12:14 pm

Handa Rei wrote:
Popular shmopular, am I right guys?

Screw popularity

TT1660
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2023, 9:59 am

I assume that there is no Steam achievement for any WP forum status.

Despite all the talk, I can't sense any benefits from a status going from 42/100 to 48/100. I tend to get ignored or shamed/badmouthed by 98% of folks anyway. The time comes where one just feels like desensitising themselves from all the slander, because it's very likely that I'm not going to communicate with them anyway. What's the point of giving a s about where I stand with some NT default in regards to a situation?

I doubt posting this will do anything, just like my other posts. But it convinces what's in my head that I've made my point to a small degree.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 2:57 pm

Just checking in. Still as unpopular as ever. :P

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2023, 5:22 am

If anyone's unpopular, it's me. I'm the least popular person on WP. I'm a person with a checkered past.

TT1660
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jun 2023, 10:13 am

Not sure why this website is so slow at times. I am becoming less faithful of this forum. I don't have any understanding of what further good it can do for me admittedly. Hence I'm rarely posting.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2023, 10:15 am

TT1660 wrote:
Not sure why this website is so slow at times. I am becoming less faithful of this forum. I don't have any understanding of what further good it can do for me admittedly. Hence I'm rarely posting.

Yeah I was wondering where you was

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2023, 8:37 am

Babybird whatever happened to that cute smiling dog photo?

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2023, 10:06 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
If anyone's unpopular, it's me. I'm the least popular person on WP. I'm a person with a checkered past.

Nope, I have you beat by a country mile. I'd be OK if I were a sweet pea like you.