Page 1 of 399 [ 6379 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 399  Next

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 8:15 pm

I hate to say this but WP is a popularity contest just like the right planet.
Some people get more attention than others. That's why I am starting the Unpopular club.

There are a few rules.

1.Try to notice everyone in this thread.
2. Comment on the post of less popular members.
3. If someone is ignored then try to make them feel better about themselves.
4. If a post is personal then consider responding.
5. Be yourself and don't change to become popular on an internet forum.

This forum needs more emotion and empathy and if makes you unpopular than screw popularity.
I need to start following my own advice.

If you don't follow all of the rules then you will not be excluded.
There will be no club leader. I certainly don't want to lead anything.
All members have social equality. The popular members can join too because they may have no control over it.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

29 Jan 2012, 9:28 pm

Wow, this is an excellent thread to make! People ignore me on a daily basis at school, so I know what it's like to be ostracized (as I'm sure most of you know too). Great idea!

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 9:50 pm

Hey artrat, I saw in another thread that you feel like nobody cares about your interests. I'm really sorry you feel that way, so I would like you to know that you can talk to me about your interests anytime. :)

gadge
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 9:57 pm

Best thread idea ever, imo ! !

artrat,.. How are you doing this fine evening ??

&

Albirea... I'm ignored and overlooked on a daily basis and have been for years

and I'm slow also

Hi Idaho Rose, I'm thinking its not just "interests" we need to talk about

WP .. Not-Pop Club......member #4

being ignored no more ?

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 10:26 pm

Hola.

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 10:44 pm

It seems to me that the more time I spend here, the less popular I am, because I have values and beliefs that are different from those of the majority of WP members. It also seems that there were a few members who have brushed me off since I've got my life back on track, instead of celebrating with me. I'm a very strange breed on WP. I'm 37 years old, I have the emotions of a 12 year old and the interests of the members of my parents' generation. Imagine how that must feel. A lot of people here don't understand and accept these three things about me. Not many people relate to my posts and just because I have a post count of 70000+ doesn't mean that I'm popular. It means that people see me as a whiny Kinks Fan who sounds like Ray Davies, who won't shut up.

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 10:57 pm

Albirea wrote:
Wow, this is an excellent thread to make! People ignore me on a daily basis at school, so I know what it's like to be ostracized (as I'm sure most of you know too). Great idea!

I was ignore at school too. It's a from of bullying. Life gets much better when school is over.

IdahoRose,I think that johnny depp is a great actor.
Better than most others. Tim Burton has made some very good films.
Thanks for being understanding.

Gadge: you seem very interesting and kind to me.

gailryder17: Hello and welcome to this thread.

CockneyRebel: I have a few different beliefs that have made not fit in here too.
I have always thought that you were very cool. Many of my past interest have been considered too old for me.
I understand loving and relating to certain musicians because I have several times in the past.
They even become imaginary friends. Unlike you I am not brave enough to talk about it to others.

I am going to bed now so if I don't answer you I will tomorrow night.
I have to work until then.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 11:22 pm

artrat wrote:
IdahoRose,I think that johnny depp is a great actor.
Better than most others. Tim Burton has made some very good films.
Thanks for being understanding.

CockneyRebel: I have a few different beliefs that have made not fit in here too.
I have always thought that you were very cool. Many of my past interest have been considered too old for me.
I understand loving and relating to certain musicians because I have several times in the past.
They even become imaginary friends. Unlike you I am not brave enough to talk about it to others.

I'm glad you agree that Depp and Burton make good films. What are your favorite Tim Burton movie roles that Johnny Depp has played? Mine are the Mad Hatter, Willy Wonka and Edward Scissorhands. Are you planning on seeing Dark Shadows? It comes out on May 11th this year. I'm definitely going to see it! I have been keeping track of its production since it began, and I keep anxiously counting down the months to its release. It seems like only yesterday I was whining, "May 11th is over a year away! I'm going to die of Tim Burton withdrawals!" And now it's less 4 months away! :D (Sorry for rambling, but I just can't pass up an opportunity to talk about Tim Burton and Johnny Depp!)

Also, I see you mentioned having imaginary friends. I have imaginary friends too. My permanent ones came from some of Tim Burton's movies and are, you guessed it, mostly Johnny Depp characters. But in addition to them, I have a lot of others who come and go, including ones from past interests.

CockneyRebel wrote:
It seems to me that the more time I spend here, the less popular I am, because I have values and beliefs that are different from those of the majority of WP members. It also seems that there were a few members who have brushed me off since I've got my life back on track, instead of celebrating with me. I'm a very strange breed on WP. I'm 37 years old, I have the emotions of a 12 year old and the interests of the members of my parents' generation. Imagine how that must feel. A lot of people here don't understand and accept these three things about me. Not many people relate to my posts and just because I have a post count of 70000+ doesn't mean that I'm popular. It means that people see me as a whiny Kinks Fan who sounds like Ray Davies, who won't shut up.

I understand how you feel, Mick. My popularity on this site was at its height back in 2010. Nowadays not too many members pay attention to me besides a couple of longtime friends (you and Kyle). I also understand how you feel about having beliefs that are different from the majority on this site (I'm a Christian too).

PM
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 1:21 am

Hi, unpopular member checking in.

kestrel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 1:28 am

CockneyRebel wrote:

Strange breeds are the best kind - at least that's how I've always thought about it.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:02 am

I am unpopular here no matter what some people have told me. I wonder if they were just saying that to make me feel better or if they were just projecting their thoughts.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:04 am

I would rather be ignored than bullied.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 4:54 am

This is a great idea, artrat, and I appreciate it. I've been thinking how WP years ago used to be a better place for members who would be considered less popular now, and that WP since then gradually became very much dominated by practically NT-like people, though that would happen on any forum to be frank.

Hi artrat, Albirea, IdahoRose, gadge, gailryder, CockneyRebel, PM, kestrel, League_Girl!

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 5:01 am

Hello Keeno, artrat, IdahoRose, kestrel, League Girl, Albirea, gadge, gailryder, CokneyRebel, PM, and anyone else I may have missed.

I'm not exactly sure who the "cool kids" are around here, but at the very least, I know I haven't been here long enough to even try and be popular.

Az29
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2012, 5:45 am

I shall endeavour to say a little something to everyone on this thread, sorry if it seems random, I shall just say what pops into my head....

Artrat, we've spoken already and I think your a wonderful person, your posts are always good to read and I should have quoted them more but sometimes(99% of the time) I just can't form the right words to respond how I want.

Albirea - I don't think I've seen your posts but I really like your avatar, it's very striking!

Idahorose - I've noticed you as well, alot of great posts and another interesting avatar, what manga/anime is it from?

Gadge - I love your username, saying it out loud makes me smile, it has a pleasant feeling on my tongue, it also makes me think of gadgets, do you like gadgets?

Gailryder17 - Your avatar is very familiar, who is it? and how are you today?

Cockneyrebel - I think your wonderful! Again your posts stand out for me as they are always well thought out and interesting and your one of the people I can recall offline because of your special interest. I don't see why anyone would not accept you for who you are, your not whiny, you have great taste in music and are as far as I've seen your a lovely person.

PM - I'm curious does your username stand for something(such as your real name) or is it related to private messaging because that's all I can think of when I see your name.

Kestrel - I like the cat in your avatar is it yours?

League_girl - Another familiar name and interesting user. Are you a fan of the film titanic or is it one of the specific actors /actresses? My daughter really wants to see the film, she's been learning about the titanic at school, so thank you your avatar has reminded me to order the dvd.

Hello Keeno :D Can't say I've seen you around here, are you a fan of jack black?

Sagroth - Everytime I see your username I think it says sad goth, is there a meaning behind your name?, for some reason I keep thinking it's something from a game like WOW.

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 5:56 am

Hey Az29!

Yeah, I get the goth misspelling a lot with this name. It's kinda-sorta based on the name Astaroth. I used it as a character name in a novella I wrote for a girlfriend once(not published). I later used it as a name on an Ultima Online shard I used to help run, and then as a pen name online for a time. But it's unique and I like it.