Page 382 of 399 [ 6380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385 ... 399  Next

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2021, 9:33 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I've had people agree with me. I'm not sure I've ever had people like me.

Welcome back.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2021, 5:43 am

blackicmenace wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Welcome back.

Thank you.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2021, 7:37 pm

I like you.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2021, 12:54 am

blazingstar wrote:
I like you.

I appreciate it. :monkey:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2021, 1:13 am

funeralxempire wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
I like you.

Yeah welcome back buddy!

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 5:37 pm

OkaySometimes wrote:
Just running across this thread, and figured I probably should post in it. I'm new here, and haven't interacted much, so I'm neither popular nor unpopular at the moment. But every other forum I've ever been on, some for years, I feel like I'm on "Ignore" for most people and I can't understand why. I'll answer a question on page 2 or 3, no one will interact in any way, then on like page 7 someone else (sometimes a person with less time or less post count or whatever) will say the same thing, often in the same words, and everyone "like"s the post and quotes it with agreement etc. There was a recent thread (on another unrelated forum) where I answered a person's question, he did what I had said, then on the next "page" of the thread (with only about a 24-hour difference) he posts something like "Oh, I did that thing from page 1. Can't remember who posted it, but it worked. Thanks, whoever posted that." Umm... Am I overreacting when I feel snubbed there? I mean, it's been less than 24 hours, and even if you can't remember, you're on page 2 of the thread, you don't have to dig through 50 pages of crap to try and find who posted the advice that just helped you. Right? Anyway...
I just don't understand it, and thought maybe someone would be able to help here. So far, WP has been good, but I do honestly find myself hitting "Cancel" rather than "Submit" most of the time. Some part of me is afraid the same thing will play out here. So I suppose I'm posting in this thread in the hopes of figuring out "how to be" on a forum, because I don't seem to know, and I don't want this forum to go that way. Just once, I'd like to have a group of people I can be comfortable with, and it seems like it may be more likely here, but I'm still afraid of falling into the same pits. Anyway, thanks for reading if you did.

I know that feeling well. When I contribute to a discussion, often it doesn't matter if I'm on topic, if I'm arguing well, if I've introduced new facts, views or ideas, or even if I've provided the verifiably correct answer to a very simple question. The discussion just continues as if I was never there. That's IRL as well as online; with NT as well as AS people. I'd count it a victory if one of my ideas was accepted even unattributed!

I have figured out the perfect murder: I just need to say to someone, "Hey, don't step out in front of that bus." They'll then only consider whether to simply step out in front of it or to hurl themselves screaming onto the tarmac- not stepping out will no longer be concievable.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 5:41 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

I can say I like you, and am happy to see you back.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 5:46 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
OkaySometimes wrote:
Just running across this thread, and figured I probably should post in it. I'm new here, and haven't interacted much, so I'm neither popular nor unpopular at the moment. But every other forum I've ever been on, some for years, I feel like I'm on "Ignore" for most people and I can't understand why. I'll answer a question on page 2 or 3, no one will interact in any way, then on like page 7 someone else (sometimes a person with less time or less post count or whatever) will say the same thing, often in the same words, and everyone "like"s the post and quotes it with agreement etc. There was a recent thread (on another unrelated forum) where I answered a person's question, he did what I had said, then on the next "page" of the thread (with only about a 24-hour difference) he posts something like "Oh, I did that thing from page 1. Can't remember who posted it, but it worked. Thanks, whoever posted that." Umm... Am I overreacting when I feel snubbed there? I mean, it's been less than 24 hours, and even if you can't remember, you're on page 2 of the thread, you don't have to dig through 50 pages of crap to try and find who posted the advice that just helped you. Right? Anyway...
I just don't understand it, and thought maybe someone would be able to help here. So far, WP has been good, but I do honestly find myself hitting "Cancel" rather than "Submit" most of the time. Some part of me is afraid the same thing will play out here. So I suppose I'm posting in this thread in the hopes of figuring out "how to be" on a forum, because I don't seem to know, and I don't want this forum to go that way. Just once, I'd like to have a group of people I can be comfortable with, and it seems like it may be more likely here, but I'm still afraid of falling into the same pits. Anyway, thanks for reading if you did.

I know that feeling well. When I contribute to a discussion, often it doesn't matter if I'm on topic, if I'm arguing well, if I've introduced new facts, views or ideas, or even if I've provided the verifiably correct answer to a very simple question. The discussion just continues as if I was never there. That's IRL as well as online; with NT as well as AS people. I'd count it a victory if one of my ideas was accepted even unattributed!

I have figured out the perfect murder: I just need to say to someone, "Hey, don't step out in front of that bus." They'll then only consider whether to simply step out in front of it or to hurl themselves screaming onto the tarmac- not stepping out will no longer be concievable.

I relate very much. I call it “social invisibility,” people don’t run into. e or try to sit in a chair I’m sitting in or anything, but otherwise it’s just like I’m not even there. Also both IRL and online for me, with both NT and ND people. If more than one other person is present IRL, poof, I vanish. Online, often I’m unacknowledged even if I’m the only one who replies to something. I’m just, well, invisible.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 7:11 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I can say I like you, and am happy to see you back.

I appreciate it. We don't interact much but I've always liked reading what you have to say.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 7:24 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
OkaySometimes wrote:

This strikes a chord with me too. :D

Once I was alone in a room reading. Someone popped her head into the room, said “no one in here” and turned the light off. 8O

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 7:25 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
I like you.

I even defended you in one long thread, but as in above, nobody paid any attention to my posts.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 7:54 pm

blazingstar wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
I like you.

I even defended you in one long thread, but as in above, nobody paid any attention to my posts.

If this was around the time of the drama with Sly I remember.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

06 Mar 2021, 7:06 am

blazingstar wrote:
Once I was alone in a room reading. Someone popped her head into the room, said “no one in here” and turned the light off. 8O

That made me laugh :lol:

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I relate very much. I call it “social invisibility,” people don’t run into. e or try to sit in a chair I’m sitting in or anything, but otherwise it’s just like I’m not even there. Also both IRL and online for me, with both NT and ND people. If more than one other person is present IRL, poof, I vanish. Online, often I’m unacknowledged even if I’m the only one who replies to something. I’m just, well, invisible.

You inspired me to make a thread asking if anyone else was a fan of "Hellraiser" but then I didn't dare because I thought no one would reply!

I totally get the in real life thing too. I could be talking to someone and someone else will walk over and suddenly I'm out of the conversation with no idea how to get back in. I have had people literally just walk into me in the street like I'm not even there.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2021, 7:40 pm

Oops.
Wrong turn.
I certainly don't belong here. 8O
[Pepe switches the light off before exiting]

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 4:34 pm

Some years ago a certain WP member got angry at me. And as he lashed out at me he accused me of being "one of the most loved people here on WP".

So...sniff...I guess ...cant join this club. :( :oops:

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 4:37 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Some years ago a certain WP member got angry at me. And as he lashed out at me he accused me of being "one of the most loved people here on WP".

So...sniff...I guess ...cant join this club. :( :oops:

Was that supposed to be an insult?? lmao