Yes. 90%  90%  [ 28 ]
No. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe. 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 31

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 11:07 pm

Is it acceptable to send messages to several individuals, and maintain conversations with those people at the same time on a dating site? Or is it one conversation at a time?

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 11:21 pm

It's a dating site, not a committed relationship.

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2012, 11:36 pm

Titangeek wrote:
Is it acceptable to send messages to several individuals, and maintain conversations with those people at the same time on a dating site? Or is it one conversation at a time?
it depends on the person.

i mean.. you might as well pick the one you think is right. going one at a time seems impractical, even if it is the 'right' thing to do.

and being a guy on the other end of this does kinda suck, like when a girl flirts with multiple guys and leads all of them but one on, whom she goes out with.

really its up to you. are you ok with leading multiple people on to net better results? personally, i only pursue one girl at a time because thats what i believe in (and, honestly, thats usually all i have to manage, if that lol).

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 11:38 pm

tronist wrote:
Titangeek wrote:
it depends on the person.

i mean.. you might as well pick the one you think is right. going one at a time seems impractical, even if it is the 'right' thing to do.

and being a guy on the other end of this does kinda suck, like when a girl flirts with multiple guys and leads all of them but one on, whom she goes out with.

really its up to you. are you ok with leading multiple people on to net better results? personally, i only pursue one girl at a time because thats what i believe in (and, honestly, thats usually all i have to manage, if that lol).

Seems par for the course.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 11:47 pm

You're just weeding through a pool of fish to find the best one. I don't see the issue unless you intentionally make it seem as though you will commit to someone before you are sure.

You will reap what you've sown.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 8:54 am

That's what the majority do on a dating site. Talk with a few until you find someone in particular you click with.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 9:11 am

I do, and I assume everyone I correspond with does the same.

For me, it gets much trickier when you start actually having IRL dates with multiple people - how far can you go with someone before you're morally obligated to make it "exclusive"?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 9:35 am

Titangeek wrote:

i'd say yes, and also be honest if they ask if you're talking to other people. they are probably doing the same thing.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Jan 2012, 12:37 pm

You are just friends until you start a relationship with any of those girls so there is nothing wrong with it till you start dating one or end up in a relationship with one

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 1:22 pm

The dating site is about meeting people so as long as you don't get them mixed up, have fun.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 2:51 pm

Yes. That's what dating is.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:00 pm

I think that depends on what you can handle. I think if you do have more than one person on the line you owe it to them to let them know of your non-exclusivity - at this point.

If they demand it, RUN!

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:50 pm

Thank you, humans :D