Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:14 am

I am a hardcore Dwarfer. All 8 seasons on my computer, and I've seen them so often I occasionally use "smeg" as a curse in my speech :lol:

You will reap what you've sown.

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:34 am

I love Red Dwarf! Did you know that the episode Blue was written by Kim Fuller, who is the brother of Simon Fuller, the creator of Spice Girls, American Idol and S Club 7. Kim Fuller had also written episodes for the S Club 7 tv series.

cinbad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2012, 4:12 am

OMG...I thought I was the only one who even remembered Red Dwarf!

keira
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 4:15 am

I like Red Dwarf. A lot!

Az29
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2012, 4:42 am

Smeghead :lol: Love red dwarf! Apart from the last series, it just didn't have the same charm as the earlier ones, or maybe that's just me.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 5:15 am

Have you seen 'Back to Earth'?

Can't wait for the new series sometime this year.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 10:35 am

I'm going to marry all of you people Right Now. I'm so glad there's other people who remember Red Dwarf!

Mishmash
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jan 2012, 10:43 am

Up the Ziggurat, Lickety Split! :o)

Seasons on a PC? I have all mine on VHS, shows my age and the time I've been watching them lol!! ! When I was a kid I used to sneak downstairs at night when my mum was watching the show and hide on the stairs and watch the TV in the reflection in the window. I've loved the sit-com when I was very young (even though I was far too young to get most of the jokes) but I really enjoyed the storylines, "Backwards", "Waiting for God" and "Thanks for the Memory" are three of my favourite episodes ever! I'm not so much of a fan of series 7 and 8 but Series 1-4 (and some episodes for series 5) were SO great! I really enjoyed the "Back to Earth" specials made by the TV channel DAVE too!
Shame they don't make comedy series like that any more - low-budget as anything but a success BECAUSE of, not in spite of, that and brilliant scriptwriters!

Did any of you guys see the "Can't Cook, Won't Cook" Red Dwarf Special? that was on years ago? :)

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 4:36 pm

The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
Have you seen 'Back to Earth'?

Can't wait for the new series sometime this year.

No, not yet. I'm still re-watching the first 8 seasons because I am in an RPG based on them :lol:

CeciliaAnn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Feb 2012, 12:32 pm

My friend has recently turned me on to Red Dwarf and Doctor Who. I'm slowly learning to love British sci-fi.

"Misery's fun, I'm kissing everyone... I gotta hold my tongue." - The Breeders

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 4:22 pm

Mishmash wrote:
Up the Ziggurat, Lickety Split! :o)

Seasons on a PC? I have all mine on VHS, shows my age and the time I've been watching them lol!! ! When I was a kid I used to sneak downstairs at night when my mum was watching the show and hide on the stairs and watch the TV in the reflection in the window. I've loved the sit-com when I was very young (even though I was far too young to get most of the jokes) but I really enjoyed the storylines, "Backwards", "Waiting for God" and "Thanks for the Memory" are three of my favourite episodes ever! I'm not so much of a fan of series 7 and 8 but Series 1-4 (and some episodes for series 5) were SO great! I really enjoyed the "Back to Earth" specials made by the TV channel DAVE too!
Shame they don't make comedy series like that any more - low-budget as anything but a success BECAUSE of, not in spite of, that and brilliant scriptwriters!

Did any of you guys see the "Can't Cook, Won't Cook" Red Dwarf Special? that was on years ago? :)

It wasn't part of the 10 year anniversary Red Dwarf Night special in 1998, was it? I remember that one had a University Challenge Red Dwarf version called 'Universe Challenge'.

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 4:51 pm

Red Dwarf is AWESOME! Although I'm not too impressed by Series 7 and Back to Earth I really do love it. Hope series 9 and 10 will bring the show back to the comedic standards of the past.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 7:11 pm

DanRaccoon wrote:
Red Dwarf is AWESOME! Although I'm not too impressed by Series 7 and Back to Earth I really do love it. Hope series 9 and 10 will bring the show back to the comedic standards of the past.

I found series 7 the weakest as well, but I do quite like Series 8 (Back In The Red).