What's the worst mistake you've made on a forum (non-WP)?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Brony2011
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jan 2012, 9:28 pm

On one forum, I used my real name and posted a scandalous photo of myself. On another, I made a joke about Lewis Carrol, author of Alice in Wonderland. Don't ask. I have a history of both making inappropriate jokes and disclosing too much info, so I've learned to keep both to myself. :oops:

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 9:33 pm

Brony2011 wrote:
On one forum, I used my real name and posted a scandalous photo of myself. On another, I made a joke about Lewis Carrol, author of Alice in Wonderland. Don't ask. I have a history of both making inappropriate jokes and disclosing too much info, so I've learned to keep both to myself. :oops:

Sure, your own real name... :roll: Do you guys just have nothing better to do?

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 9:45 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
Phoenix Wright fans are mostly pervs anyway (I know because I am one!)

Wow, You're a Phoenix Wright fan too!? I never expected to find one on this website! :D Are you looking forward to Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton? I hope they release it in English.

Yeah, nobody else on the forum seemed to mind my thread at all and even asked me questions about my fetish to try to learn more about it. I don't know why I flipped out about it. I guess it just felt wrong to talk so openly about a sexual topic in a video game forum.

I kind of lost interest in the series after they released Ace Attorney: Investigations. If they make a really good game though, I can see myself getting back into it again.

I even cosplayed as transvestite Godot once.

It's a pretty popular interest with LGBT geek girls, for some reason. Can't think why. :wink:

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 9:46 pm

I think the worst I ever did was fill a whole post with nothing but 'bowing in worship' smilies on a Duke Nukem forum. I think I had an infraction warning because it was considered spam. :?

But it was worth it though. Nothing's so hypnotic as a bunch of smilies bowing up and down. :D

Miharu
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jan 2012, 10:36 pm

puddingmouse wrote:

Agreed! ;) (Goes back to daydreaming about Miles, Godot and Feenie)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 1:18 am

puddingmouse wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:

Wow, You're a Phoenix Wright fan too!? I never expected to find one on this website! :D Are you looking forward to Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton? I hope they release it in English.

Yeah, nobody else on the forum seemed to mind my thread at all and even asked me questions about my fetish to try to learn more about it. I don't know why I flipped out about it. I guess it just felt wrong to talk so openly about a sexual topic in a video game forum.

I kind of lost interest in the series after they released Ace Attorney: Investigations. If they make a really good game though, I can see myself getting back into it again.

I even cosplayed as transvestite Godot once.

It's a pretty popular interest with LGBT geek girls, for some reason. Can't think why. :wink:

It's OK, I lost interest for several years shortly after playing Apollo Justice. They really should have stuck with Phoenix and Maya as the main characters IMHO. That's why I'm kind of excited for Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton, because Phoenix and Maya are back in full force! I think my excitement over that new game has not only caused my Phoenix Wright obsession to come back, but it has caused me to develop a minor interest in Prof. Layton too. Even though I've never played the games before, I have been watching Youtube videos of it to help familiarize myself with it.

(Sorry for rambling, but it's not very often that I get the chance to ramble on about Phoenix Wright and actually have people understand what I'm talking about)

I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that Phoenix Wright is popular with LGBT geek girls. Maybe I'll get a girlfriend if I become involved with the fandom. (joking, although I would like to find a girlfriend someday)

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 12:08 pm

On one forum where you can change names(but only ever year or 6 months, depending on how many posts you have), I joined wit ha username like name, and then didn't change it when I knew I could. In fact, I didn't change it till I had enough posts to get a bold name, and now I'm waiting to change it again in March. I also didn't make a "Hi, I'm new " topic there.