PPR GIFs, cartoons, jokes, funny pictures, etc.

Page 356 of 431 [ 6885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 353, 354, 355, 356, 357, 358, 359 ... 431  Next

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 9:54 am

Tales from the LPD, the Libertarian Police Department

I was shooting heroin and reading The Fountainhead in the front seat of my privately owned police cruiser when a call came in. I put a quarter in the radio to activate it. It was the chief.

"Bad news, Detective. We got a situation."

"What? Is the Mayor trying to ban trans fats again?"

"Worse. Somebody just stole four hundred and forty-seven million dollars worth of bitcoin."

The heroin needle practically fell out of my arm. "What kind of monster would do something like that? Bitcoins are the ultimate currency: virtual, anonymous, stateless. They represent true economic freedom, not subject to arbitrary manipulation by any government. Do we have any leads?"

"Not yet. But mark my words: we're going to figure out who did this and we're going to take them down... provided someone pays us a fair market rate to do so."

"Easy, Chief," I said. "Any rate the market offers is, by definition, fair."

He laughed. "That's why you're the best I got, Lisowski. Now you get out there and find those bitcoins."

"Don't worry," I said. "I'm on it."

I put a quarter in the siren. Ten minutes later, I was on the scene. It was a normal office building, strangled on all sides by public sidewalks. I hopped over them and went inside.

"Home Depot™ Presents The Police!®" I said, flashing my badge and my gun and a small picture of Ron Paul. "Nobody move unless you want to!" They didn't.

"Now, which one of you punks is going to pay me to investigate this crime?" No one spoke up.

"Come on," I said. "Don't you all understand that the protection of private property is the foundation of all personal liberty?"

It didn't seem like they did.

"Seriously, guys. Without a strong economic motivator, I'm just going to stand here and not solve this case. Cash is fine, but I prefer being paid in gold bullion or autographed Penn Jillette posters."

Nothing. These people were stonewalling me. It almost seemed like they didn't care that a fortune in computer money invented to buy drugs was missing.

I figured I could wait them out. I lit several cigarettes indoors. A pregnant lady coughed, and I told her that secondhand smoke is a myth. Just then, a man in glasses made a break for it.

"Subway™ Eat Fresh and Freeze, Scumbag!®" I yelled.

Too late. He was already out the front door. I went after him.

"Stop right there!" I yelled as I ran. He was faster than me because try to avoid stepping on public sidewalks. Our country needs a private-sidewalk voucher system, but, thanks to the incestuous interplay between our corrupt federal government and the public-sidewalk lobby, it will never happen.

I was losing him. "Listen, I'll pay you to stop!" I yelled. "What would you consider an appropriate price point for stopping? I'll offer you a thirteenth of an ounce of gold and a gently worn Bob Barr '08' extra-large long-sleeved men's T-shirt!"

He turned. In his hand was a revolver that the Constitution said he had every right to own. He fired at me and missed. I pulled my own gun, put a quarter in it, and fired back. The bullet lodged in a U.S.P.S. mailbox less than a foot from his head. I shot the mailbox again, on purpose.

"All right, all right!" the man yelled, throwing down his weapon. "I give up, cop! I confess. I took the bitcoins."

"Why'd you do it?" I asked, as I slapped a pair of Oikos™ Greek Yogurt Presents Handcuffs® on the guy.

"Because I was afraid."

"Afraid?"

"Afraid of an economic future free from the pernicious meddling of central bankers," he said. "I'm a central banker."

I wanted to coldcock the guy. Years ago, a central banker killed my partner. Instead, I shook my head.

"Let this be a message to all your central banker friends out on the street," I said. "No matter how many bitcoins you steal, you'll never take away the dream of an open society based on the principles of personal and economic freedom."

He nodded, because he knew I was right. Then he swiped his credit card to pay me for arresting him.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 9:55 am

https://babylonbee.com/news/experts-say ... -one-thing

Experts Say They Don't Know What Thing Is Causing Everyone To Suddenly Collapse, But It's Definitely Not That One Thing

U.S. — Medical experts are absolutely stumped as to what could be causing the recent uptick in healthy, young people everywhere that are suddenly collapsing with heart failure. Despite their uncertainty, experts do feel confident that we can rule out that one thing as the culprit.

"It's too early to say what could be causing this, but it's never too early to say what isn't causing this," said local expert, Dr. Scott Rufflinger. "This could be caused by anything. But the one thing we know for certain is that it's definitely not what we're all thinking that's behind this — if you know what I mean. We can go ahead and rule that thing out right now because Science just called us on the phone and told us not to discuss it. We always follow Science."

According to sources, experts have been working tirelessly around the clock to try and get to the bottom of why so many seemingly perfectly healthy, athletic people are falling over suddenly. "I wish I could point to something in the past year or two that large groups of people were exposed to, or forced into, but nothing comes to mind," added Dr. Rufflinger. "If only there was one thing all these patients had in common."

At publishing time, experts said they had narrowed down the list of what most likely was causing these sudden health issues down to: climate change, racism, Christian Nationalism, standing up too quickly, standing up too slowly, and not eating enough bugs.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 8:10 pm

The Christian religion becomes so anti-abortion, that they replace their symbol of Jesus dying on the cross with the Virgin Mary giving birth...on the cross.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 9:15 am

https://babylonbee.com/news/unclear-whe ... yocarditis

Unclear Whether Grogu Collapsed Suddenly Due To Force Exertion Or Myocarditis

U.S. — In a leaked episode from the new season of The Mandolorian, it remains unclear whether Grogu collapsed from using too much of his force powers or if he just has myocarditis.

"It's safe to assume that Mando would have kept Grogu up to date on all his vaccines and boosters, so it's really hard to tell what the director is trying to convey here. Either they are trying to show that he's another victim of myocarditis or maybe he's just overly exerted his force powers," said local Star Wars fan Jake Pressley. "When we see someone collapse suddenly like that, everyone's mind goes to one thing."

"So does Mando need to get him to a doctor or to a Jedi right now? I just don't understand," added Jake's wife Claire. "I mean, we know how bad myocarditis can be for young children. I just don't know if Grogu can recover from this. If they kill off Baby Yoda we'll riot!"

According to sources, the Mandolorian is currently undergoing reshoots so that future episodes do not confuse the audience. Disney says that with the reshoots and edits, they hope to make it clear that Baby Yoda is just using too much of his magic space powers and has in no way injured his heart from an experimental medical treatment.

"We just wanted to use a convenient plot device so that Grogu isn't overpowered," said Dave Filoni. "We had no intention of scaring the audience as to baby Yoda's health like that."

At publishing time, Disney was forced to air a statement before each episode to clarify that vaccines do not exist in the Star Wars Universe and that fans need not worry about Grogu falling over dead suddenly.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 2:30 pm

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 8:34 am

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Jan 2023, 5:18 am

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2023, 9:57 pm

That moment you forget you're still logged into your main account when you post thinking you're logged into the sock puppet account. :lol: :lol:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 5:23 am

https://babylonbee.com/news/white-house ... house-sign

White House Proudly Hangs '1 Day Without Classified Documents Discovered At President's House' Sign

WASHINGTON, D.C. — In recognition of Biden's tremendous accomplishment of going one full day without more classified documents found at one of his residences, the White House has proudly hung a banner saying: "1 Day Without Classified Documents Being Discovered At President's House."

"From day one, the President has been very clear that going even one day without illegal materials being found at his home is a feat worth celebrating," said gay black Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre. "We are proud to celebrate with the entire Biden family as we recognize somehow making it through an entire 24-hour period without more documents turning up!"

"Congratulations, Mr. President!"

Sources in Washington confirmed there will be a ceremony and a few remarks by the President this evening to celebrate the occasion. The ceremony will include some classified documents cake and some classified documents origami displays followed by a special reading of the classified documents.

UPDATE: The White House has been forced to take the banner down and cancel all festivities as more classified documents have been found at the President's home.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 5:43 am

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2023, 8:30 pm

https://babylonbee.com/news/netflix-nar ... hite-witch

Netflix 'Narnia' Adaptation To Feature First Black White Witch

LOS GATOS, CA — In a move celebrated by casual viewers but criticized by longtime fans of C.S. Lewis's children's book series The Chronicles Of Narnia, Netflix has released marketing materials confirming that The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe will feature the first-ever black White Witch.

"We wanted a more sympathetic approach to the famously white villain, and believe us – you're going to love the changes in store for each of Lewis's most beloved characters, which reflect the world we live in today." Showrunner Matthew Alrich wrote in a series of Tweets announcing the move. "We hope that sassy black girls everywhere will be able to see themselves in this powerful, sympathetic, and feminist take on a misunderstood character."

Details have also emerged confirming that Aslan would be reimagined as an atheist, Mx. Tumnus would explore his new identity as an oppressed trans-fawn, and Susan Pevensie will be in a queer polyamorous relationship with several Narnian misfits.

While much of the chatter around the production has centered around whether Netflix would make Narnia "the new Game Of Thrones," few anticipated the development of a race-reversed witch, presented as a misunderstood anti-hero. Filmmaker Rian Johnson voiced his support in a comment: "It's all about subversion, baby! Just look at my groundbreaking movie that reinvented Star Wars: The Last Jedi!"

At publishing time, Netflix announced they had bought the rights for Lewis's Surprised By Joy, a reflective memoir about Lewis grappling with his faith in the wake of his wife's death from cancer. Netflix says audiences will love their "fresh, modern take," and their story will follow Lewis as he abandons his dying wife to live his truth. The Year of Me will star Idris Elba as C.S. Lewis and is slated for release on the platform in 2024.

Canadian1911
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2023, 8:38 pm

Mikah wrote:

ROFL.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 10:20 am

magz wrote:

Senk Joe verrie mutsch for posting.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 4:14 pm

Four boxes. Soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use only in that order.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 5:36 pm

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 10:40 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Four boxes. Soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use only in that order.

Where does the match box fit in?