What's the most NT music genre in the world?

Page 3 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 9:15 pm

Uprising wrote:
artrat wrote:
People have said that metal,techno,nerd-core,comedy and classical were aspie genres.
Are you suggesting That I am an NT because I listen to mostly folk and punk music?

There is no NT genre and there is no aspie genre. These sort of threads piss me off.
I am so f***ing tired of people separating NTs and aspies.

This thread is elitist and cliché!
I'm sorry that I get so offended but I have met NTs that I really love and feel a deep emotional connection with them.

Well, the thread was supposed to be a piss-take actually, none of my threads are actually serious lol, I was going to make a thread about what's the most "aspie animal" and the most "NT deodorant brand", it all doesn't matter to me, I like to joke around opposed to many people on this forum unfortunately. Yeah, you can go on that this sort of humor isn't funny at all, but as far as I know everybody got a different sense of humor in the world and most people get painfully misunderstood for that because everybody is different after all.

I don't find the NT vs Aspie threads funny at all. Many NTs listen to music that is not considered mainstream.
Making NT jokes are no different than making racist jokes. We are all humans and neither one of us are any better than the others.

Despite what you think, I do have a sense of humor but making jokes that encourage segregation is not funny,

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

Chevand
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 3:55 am

artrat wrote:
Uprising wrote:
artrat wrote:
People have said that metal,techno,nerd-core,comedy and classical were aspie genres.
Are you suggesting That I am an NT because I listen to mostly folk and punk music?

There is no NT genre and there is no aspie genre. These sort of threads piss me off.
I am so f***ing tired of people separating NTs and aspies.

This thread is elitist and cliché!
I'm sorry that I get so offended but I have met NTs that I really love and feel a deep emotional connection with them.

Well, the thread was supposed to be a piss-take actually, none of my threads are actually serious lol, I was going to make a thread about what's the most "aspie animal" and the most "NT deodorant brand", it all doesn't matter to me, I like to joke around opposed to many people on this forum unfortunately. Yeah, you can go on that this sort of humor isn't funny at all, but as far as I know everybody got a different sense of humor in the world and most people get painfully misunderstood for that because everybody is different after all.

I don't find the NT vs Aspie threads funny at all. Many NTs listen to music that is not considered mainstream.
Making NT jokes are no different than making racist jokes. We are all humans and neither one of us are any better than the others.

Despite what you think, I do have a sense of humor but making jokes that encourage segregation is not funny,

Plus, I think it reflects badly on the ASD community as a whole when some of this "Aspie superiority" or "Aspie = x, NT =y" stuff gets circulated, regardless of whether it's meant as a joke or not. The OP in this instance was obviously not posted with malicious intent, but that doesn't mean it still couldn't be construed as condescending to some of the demographic being singled out (in this case, NTs). Sometimes I really wonder how much of the hardship we have in adjusting to the society around us is self-imposed. We express a desire for NTs to be more sensitive to our needs and our struggles, and then turn around and make jokes about them and talk down to them as if their tastes and the ways they conduct their lives are somehow wrong just because we can't relate to them. If we antagonize everyone who isn't "one of us", we're going to be left with a pretty small world eventually. In the long run, I think it's better for them and for us to put less effort into delineating the distinction between NT and Aspie, and more on how we can bridge whatever gaps we have and coexist.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 7:56 am

JeremyNJ1984 wrote:
Its gotta be pop...it has no substance, no actual effort in musical talent, and speaks to popularity.

yep..sounds like NT music to me...

Depends what you mean by pop? Do you mean songs that are centered on hooks, melodies and harmonies? Or do you mean music that finds Top 40 success in the 2010s?

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 8:45 am

I have Aspergers Syndrome, and my favorite artists are more Mainstream than my Younger brother's who is Neurotypical.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Feb 2012, 10:46 am

donnie_darko wrote:
JeremyNJ1984 wrote:
Its gotta be pop...it has no substance, no actual effort in musical talent, and speaks to popularity.

Depends what you mean by pop? Do you mean songs that are centered on hooks, melodies and harmonies? Or do you mean music that finds Top 40 success in the 2010s?

Stuff like this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M11SvDtPBhA&ob=av2e[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F57P9C4SAW4&ob=av2e[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP6XpLQM2Cs[/youtube]

I think it should be pretty obvious why I think this sounds NTish.
BTW I LOVE this stuff & I like most ot the music mentioned in this thread & I did NOT find this thread offensive

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 4:54 pm

donnie_darko wrote:
JeremyNJ1984 wrote:

To me, the most NT pop is the one centred around feminine vocals... Often mistakenly called 'Pop princesses'. They don't even remind me of princesses. I think mainstream female singers generally stopped doing the 'cutesy' thing around the 80s. They all sound too serious and depressed to me too often, to be honest. I just don't get the hysteria.

aureolin
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Feb 2012, 12:38 am

I don't think there's a music genre dominated by aspie artists, so all of them?

MagicToenail
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2012, 6:53 am

I quite like Tik Tok, because I associate it with this video.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZWaWrvJ7nA[/youtube]
Seriously, as a fan of reggae it hurts to say this, it might be most reggae. It's very conformist to the macho mainstream Jamaican culture. They don't like gays, non Rastas and independent women, and probably have not much patience for anyone different.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2012, 6:53 am

Bun wrote:
Julian Cope referred to Ian McCulloch and Will Sergeant as 'the two most emotionally autistic people I know'. It's probably because he and Ian have slagged each other off back and forth, though...

Quoted from another thread:
-Joshua- wrote:
I wear sunglasses in public when I can to avoid eye contact with others. It makes me uncomfortable when someone notices I'm looking at them. Most times I purposely don't look at people. I'm told that my eye contact looks scary, or like I'm "gone" or i get asked if something's wrong because I'm staring at nothing, away from people.

Hmm!

Will avoids looking at people, but he does it differently:
Le fringe!

Though I think it's more reasonable to say Will has long hair/fringe most of the time because of his scars.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2012, 12:36 pm

The question doesn't even make any sense to me.

Music is the universal language. Anyone can like any kind of music, Autistic or not. Thinking one kind of music or another is for any particular group of people, no matter how you categorized them, it beyond my sensibilities.

I'm absolutely certain that no matter which genres are chosen as "NT" in this thread, it's only because the poster doesn't like it, and that there are plenty of Autistics who do.

The whole discussion to me is nothing more than "NT" bashing yet again. Not worth my time.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2012, 12:48 pm

It's just a joke, I think. And even as a joke, I don't think everyone meant to bash a genre, maybe some did.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 1:32 pm

Pop, dubstep, any electronic songs that have over 5 audio tracks.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 1:45 pm

nick007 wrote:
I think rap would be the most NT music. I heard of different music studies that say that people who listen to rap are very outgoing, social & confident. Pop fans are happy & hyper. Country fans are comfortable with their place in life. Rock fans are frustrated & have low self-esteem

Yes sometimes music people listens to reflects things about them. However I don't know rap is the most NT reflecting genre I mean most people don't refer to their significant others or females and general as b*tches, sluts or other degrading terms on a regular basis nor do they brag about all their money and bling that I've seen. Yet most popular rap music is exactly that along with that atrocious band brokencyde that is basically a group of white kids trying to scream rap lyrics to a beat.

That said since this does not exactly seem to imitate actual NT behavior for the most part, the fact people who listen to this are typically considered normal is odd you would think it would annoy them to.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 1:51 pm

Bun wrote:
Jay27 wrote:
Yeah, pop.

Now let me ask: What is the most aspergian genre of music in the world?

I would say, Pink Floyd lol.

They have their own genre? :P

I don't know, if you'd have asked me a few years ago, I'd be more inclined to say they're an NT band, because while they contributed to music, and I like that some of their stuff made people think, they have quite a mainstream appeal, even if a lot of it is in hindsight. But, I can also get the early stuff had a trippy element people can get lost in if they're that way inclined, plus, they appeal to superfans who like dissecting their stuff. So I think it's an open question, what kind of people do Pink Floyd appeal to...

People like me I enjoy every single one of their songs and would gladly listen to them all again and again, though sadly I think there are probably a few songs of theirs here and there I have not heard.

And they might as well have their own genre.......but they do fall into the psychedelic rock and progressive rock categories depending on what song or album your listening to then they have flat out experimental weird stuff on the Ummagumma(I really don't know if I spelled that right) album.

Do I dare mention all the things having to do with pink floyd I own :twisted:

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 3:02 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Bun wrote:
Jay27 wrote:
Yeah, pop.

Now let me ask: What is the most aspergian genre of music in the world?

I would say, Pink Floyd lol.

They have their own genre? :P

I don't know, if you'd have asked me a few years ago, I'd be more inclined to say they're an NT band, because while they contributed to music, and I like that some of their stuff made people think, they have quite a mainstream appeal, even if a lot of it is in hindsight. But, I can also get the early stuff had a trippy element people can get lost in if they're that way inclined, plus, they appeal to superfans who like dissecting their stuff. So I think it's an open question, what kind of people do Pink Floyd appeal to...

People like me I enjoy every single one of their songs and would gladly listen to them all again and again, though sadly I think there are probably a few songs of theirs here and there I have not heard.

And they might as well have their own genre.......but they do fall into the psychedelic rock and progressive rock categories depending on what song or album your listening to then they have flat out experimental weird stuff on the Ummagumma(I really don't know if I spelled that right) album.

Do I dare mention all the things having to do with pink floyd I own :twisted:

Ooh, I like extensive posts about people's favourites! :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Mar 2012, 4:50 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
nick007 wrote:
I think rap would be the most NT music. I heard of different music studies that say that people who listen to rap are very outgoing, social & confident. Pop fans are happy & hyper. Country fans are comfortable with their place in life. Rock fans are frustrated & have low self-esteem

Yes sometimes music people listens to reflects things about them. However I don't know rap is the most NT reflecting genre I mean most people don't refer to their significant others or females and general as b*tches, sluts or other degrading terms on a regular basis nor do they brag about all their money and bling that I've seen. Yet most popular rap music is exactly that along with that atrocious band brokencyde that is basically a group of white kids trying to scream rap lyrics to a beat.

That said since this does not exactly seem to imitate actual NT behavior for the most part, the fact people who listen to this are typically considered normal is odd you would think it would annoy them to.

I like Brokencyde but I like some horrible music; I think of them as dance/party music more than rap. I like rap a lot more when I'm being outgoing with people than when I'm home keeping to myself. I have noticed rap fans talking like that when they are in the rite type of environment.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition