Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

alexa232
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2006, 3:47 am

I tend to over-analyse other people. This is why I want to work with them.

I'll get back to you on that one.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2006, 10:45 pm

I have found that I have to be analytical to get anything useful done.

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

26 Oct 2006, 6:06 am

Yes, I enjoy analyzing things, particularly with respect to the origins, history, and if applicable the etymology of the concept. I, too, have often been told that I "think too much." After much solemn cogitation, I have come to the conclusion that it's just fun to think, and who am I to forgo my delightful deliberations?

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2006, 10:48 am

I'm not too analytical.

But I'm analytical enough to be counted as analytical.

If that makes sense to you.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2006, 12:42 pm

Yes....the irony? being that people say "you think to much" like it was a bad thing!!!Evidently,they are the "experts" on just the right amount of thinking(Oh,is that how GW Bush got elected?)

My "therapist" seemed to be the most offended by my analysis.I guess,your not supposed to self-analyse.Just tell your feelings and the they will tell you why you feel that way.

Therapist..."No,Not what you "think" about it,how do you "feel" about it?"

Me..."I feel annoyed and frustrated to not be allowed to think"

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2006, 4:22 pm

i'm not only too analytical but also very frustrated on things i haven't been able to analyse yet.
cause i need my own set of rules, charateristics summarized, understanding of emotional aspects, etc in every possible event , otherwise i'm just lost and don't know what to do.

the most frustrating moments are when things are happening and i haven't got the slightest idea how to react. fortunately they tend to get less when getting older .

(i really freaked out when younger but seem to become a very stable personality when older)

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2006, 6:44 pm

Corvus wrote:
Why do you think I cant get a girl friend - too analytical :wink:

I'm a girl, and I analyze things to death! Probably a bit too much... I could use some of that "womens' intuition" I keep hearing about!

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2006, 7:13 pm

medusa,
i learned to analize only usefull things (so before starting to analize, i ask myself 'do i really need it? do i want to know? or does someone asks for it? and am i able to come up with an interesting analysis?') and order all the other errupting (oh where is my dictionary tonight?) thoughts not to bother me.
this helped me a lot (otherwise i would take everything too serious and go analyzing just about anything, which makes me very unhappy and frustrated)

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2006, 7:40 pm

After analyzing your post, lemon (yes, for once, pun intended! :) ) I came up with a problem:

:?: :?: :?:

How does one go about NOT analyzing something? HOW do you stop? To me, it's a bit like breathing... If I don't do it, I panic a little. Things are uncomfortable and scary if I haven't picked them apart.
Just thinking about diving head first into something, no matter how safe it may seem, makes my stomach nervous...

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2006, 9:32 pm

when i get bored i tend to over analyze everthing i see.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you