Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 1:29 pm

I just installed Windows Internet Explorer 7 on my computer, and let me say, it looks cool!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

goomba
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2006, 1:45 pm

My dad has the Vista beta installed on a partition of his HD and I tried IE7. Seems ok but I didn't try it extensively, and at some point I need to read about what bugs it has at the moment (for web design purposes). I found IE7 easy to use because I use the Firefox browser, and IE7 has similar keyboard shortcuts and functionality (tabbed browsing, search box, etc).
Honestly I spent most of my time trying out Vista by playing the Mahjong game :-P

mikh07
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 2:03 pm

I use Firefox

atxa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Oct 2006, 3:54 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I just installed Windows Internet Explorer 7 on my computer, and let me say, it looks cool!
Tim

Hi,

I respect that you like IE7 but did you tried Firefox ? if not, you'll probably like it too, there is a lots of good XPI (zippy, it's a plugin) for it.

Bye !

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 4:39 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
... it looks cool!

Ah, but that interests me little.

Simple. Reliable. Intuitive.

Now those are the features I look for. How does it fare by those benchmarks?

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 4:49 pm

Maybe I will be deconverted from firefox 8).

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 5:08 pm

i heard its good for anti phising and tabbed browsing but im gonna wait until they remove any quirks it may have.

for tabbed in ie6 i use yahoo toolbar. for phishing, thats up to me i look at the url of site and make sure its got the lock in lower corner and http:// at beginning.

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2006, 6:40 am

UPDATE: last night after loosing an auction on a door closing device from 1880's, my dad decided to take a look at yahoo downloads and came across ie 7. it installed just fine then when it was ready to operate he opened it and said hmm nothing much differant accept the layout. then the thing for anti phishing settings came up and i then explained to my dad about what phishing was. (hes about 46 years old and i feel like im teaching a middle school computer course.)

the closest thing i can compare it to is it looks alot like aol explorer browser(the one with tabbed browsing) but without the content on sides.(for those who have aol or aol browser that came with aim)

kinda thinking weather i should put it on the laptop i know i could use the anti-phishing protection(to also be extra protection along with my common sense)

ion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Oct 2006, 11:43 am

Is it 100% standards compliant?
That is, does it show webpages the way it should? Like Firefox do?
If not, then why the hell bother perpetuating that stupid piece of crap?
I hate it when I make a good homepage and then have to create a gimped version of it for IE lusers.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2006, 1:41 pm

Mozilla Firefox 2.0 just came out too. If you use extensions, you'll probably want to check to see if they're compatible before you upgrade from Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.7, though.