Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

shugo974
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Feb 2012, 5:24 pm

So I am using Solaris 11 to run this server. However I set up a minecraft folder on the desktop so that all the server files can be in one place. However they do not appear in said folder they appear in my home folder. For the love of me and my sanity I need them in the minecraft folder. So I am like ok I can just move them over to the minecraft folder. So I move them over and it regenerated new ones in the home folder. How do I get the server to know that they are in the minecraft folder that I set up?

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 6:08 pm

there is a config file in minecraft that decides the working directory, should be a tut somewhere.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

beers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2012, 5:01 am

Desktop items are typically within /home/username/Desktop
It may be worth creating a minecraft application user and setting this to launch at boot under that user.

You should be able to su copy those files to something like /opt/minecraft and change ownership to that folder to the minecraft user.
Then you can make a startup script with your minecraft launch arguments and simply call that at boot after su to minecraft.

You can also edit the home folder within /etc/passwd for that user to make it default to /opt/minecraft whenever you log in through SSH.

Not sure Solaris specifically but that is how my server ran on a CentOS VPS.
Once you run the Java application for the server it should simply look in the subdirectories of where itself is placed and not a specific file path.

dragonfly224
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Feb 2012, 2:41 pm

If you set it up I can help you mod it, currently I mod mc[dot]duncsweb[dot]com

ign dragonfly224

shugo974
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2012, 9:17 pm

thanks guys for the help but my Solaris server recently had a hardware issue :( So until I get money to fix it I am running the server on my desktop. Thanks again for the help

@Dragonfly224 I might need help with moderating it when I release it to the public right now it is only on a white list until i set up a building for a spawn point, and write up the rules on signs.