Regional Meetup & Networking Thread Index

Page 10 of 12 [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

AlexJade
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Dec 2014, 2:51 pm

Is there anything in the North Carolina area?

KateCoco
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2014, 7:20 am

0_equals_true wrote:
Almajo88 wrote:
I guess there aren't great odds of there being demand for a meetup in the East of England region - or perhaps Cambridge and surrounding regions. Or London because there really seems to be nothing recent even there.

There has been interest in London, but what has happened is people fail to commit becuase many are waiting for one or other to commit then put their shoe in the last movement, then it basically fall through becuase of indecisiveness. The most successful one it organized there was a clear plan of action with a couple of meet up times and locations, maps, etc.

I also used some skills I have to make people more aware it was on. But that is dependent on how much time I have to dedicate on it, which is much less these days.

I live near London and would love a meet up to take place. I have only fairly recently discovered that I have autism and would really like to meet and talk to others like me. I don't know what would be involved in arranging a meet up but I would be happy to help or organize it if I had some tips!

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 11:19 am

KateCoco wrote:
I live near London and would love a meet up to take place. I have only fairly recently discovered that I have autism and would really like to meet and talk to others like me. I don't know what would be involved in arranging a meet up but I would be happy to help or organize it if I had some tips!

Rest easy I finally bit the bullet.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=6418407

foxmakeba
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Jan 2015, 10:07 pm

Guys I can't be arsed to check this thread's previous pages... Is anyone looking to do something in Manchester, UK?

theblacksheepbrigade.blogspot.co.uk
thefoxwotwot.wordpress.com

@bsbflock
@thefoxwotwot

Fan interaction facebook page: www.facebook.com/EvanMakeba

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jan 2015, 5:14 am

I'm up for a Manchester meet too. Londons a bit too far for me.

AnnabelleLee
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Jan 2015, 5:18 pm

kirayng wrote:
Anyone in New England? (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island)

Here I am! Maine. It seems there isn't really anything for us here in northern New England. :? :?

foxmakeba
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jan 2015, 8:58 am

andyfzr wrote:
I'm up for a Manchester meet too. Londons a bit too far for me.

I've been thinking about setting up an meetup club... They'd be an small fee to pay to cover costs... Not sure if I would get enough people coming and interested.

theblacksheepbrigade.blogspot.co.uk
thefoxwotwot.wordpress.com

@bsbflock
@thefoxwotwot

Fan interaction facebook page: www.facebook.com/EvanMakeba

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2015, 4:59 pm

I'm interested. Manchester is only about half an hour away from me. I am in the High Peak.

StrapOnFetus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jun 2015, 1:48 pm

Anyone live in the Fort Worth Texas area? Or know of any meet-ups?

BitterGeek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2015, 11:23 pm

AnnabelleLee wrote:
kirayng wrote:
Anyone in New England? (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island)

Here I am! Maine. It seems there isn't really anything for us here in northern New England. :? :?

I'm looking to start a hiking/camping group for autistics who live in New England. Most activities may happen in the White Mountains or in Maine. Interested?

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2015, 2:13 pm

I live in london would love to meet up sometime

zchong
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jan 2016, 11:24 pm

For South Ontario

viewtopic.php?t=302898

[url]https://tvbookfilmreviewers.wordpress.com/
[/url]
https://writersrandomideas.wordpress.com/
https://justanotherstupidblogsite.wordpress.com/

Frankie_J
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Apr 2016, 7:47 pm

This thread is really under-active. Would any one be interested in something in the South East of the UK? I live in Kent, but would do something as far as London.

KateCoco
Raven
Raven

02 May 2016, 11:58 am

Frankie_J wrote:
This thread is really under-active. Would any one be interested in something in the South East of the UK? I live in Kent, but would do something as far as London.

I live in Kent too and would like another meet-up. I can arrange one in London if that suits you? We can always arrange one in Kent but it might just be us two as I'm not sure how easy it would be for people to get here. Though Kent is a lot less stressful than London.

There's a dedicated London meet-up thread - I'll go post in it now.

Frankie_J
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 May 2016, 6:21 pm

KateCoco wrote:
Frankie_J wrote:

I live in Kent too and would like another meet-up. I can arrange one in London if that suits you? We can always arrange one in Kent but it might just be us two as I'm not sure how easy it would be for people to get here. Though Kent is a lot less stressful than London.

Hey there. I can do London if it's perhaps going to see something of interest, but also, like you said, Kent is less travelling and less stress. Takes me a good 90 minutes of train journey to get to London. Kent might be a good initial meet-up. Where abouts in Kent are you from, if you don't mind me asking? You can DM me if you prefer.

Have you ever done a meet-up through WP before?

KateCoco
Raven
Raven

06 May 2016, 2:28 pm

Frankie_J wrote:
KateCoco wrote:
Frankie_J wrote:

Hey there. I can do London if it's perhaps going to see something of interest, but also, like you said, Kent is less travelling and less stress. Takes me a good 90 minutes of train journey to get to London. Kent might be a good initial meet-up. Where abouts in Kent are you from, if you don't mind me asking? You can DM me if you prefer.

Have you ever done a meet-up through WP before?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=287707&start=30

That's the London thread. I'll PM you re a Kent meet-up.