Deinonychus

19 Aug 2016, 8:10 pm

For those in the Albany, NY area who have been diagnosed with AS in adulthood:

http://meetu.ps/c/2HkHv/blG9/a

orangegoldgreen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2016, 5:20 pm

Anyone able to direct me to any threads / meetups for the NYC / NJ region? Difficult to search.

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2016, 2:07 pm

London anyone ?

burnt_orange
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jan 2017, 11:02 pm

Webmetz wrote:
Is there a meetup for people in Southwest Ohio/Greater Cincinnati Area. I really want to actually get out and meet like-minded people, but I find it hard just to go out without something pre-planned.

I'm about 2 hours away.

burnt_orange
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jan 2017, 11:11 pm

flagreen wrote:
Midwest USA? Anyone? Bueller?

I'm in southern Ohio, but would be willing to travel some. Where are you? Anyone in Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia...or close at all?

Ithuvanian
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jan 2017, 2:23 am

burnt_orange wrote:
flagreen wrote:
Midwest USA? Anyone? Bueller?

I'm in southern Ohio, but would be willing to travel some. Where are you? Anyone in Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia...or close at all?

Central Ohio here, and I would be interested in doing something. There have been a couple groups started on Meetup.com for the Columbus area and a decent number of people joined, but the organizers shut them down before anything really happened, unfortunately. It's not easy forming a social group of people who don't do well with social groups.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 3:59 am

Anyone from Montreal? Should I start a thread? I know there's a load here from Montreal, and like 20 who've been to the Douglas Hospital for treatment, but any that STILL come here to WP who are from Montreal??

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Sep 2017, 4:08 pm

Anyone in UK, High Peak area or Stockport, south Manchester looking to make friends

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 3:20 pm

Looking for people in the Tacoma, WA area, aged over 30, who don't mind hanging out with a gay aspie for some couch co-op gaming sessions. Send a PM if interested.

GCAspies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jan 2018, 3:44 pm

Good afternoon. The GCA Centre for Adult Autism started in early 2011 under an autistic adult (me - Scott) who noticed that nothing existed in the Chattanooga, TN and North Georgia area in the USA. Since that time, GCA has expanded into support groups in both TN and GA, created an adult autism conference that takes place every year in July in Chattanooga, and more.

If you would like more information about GCA and the things we do in the Southeast USA, please either private message me or write me at [email protected]. Thanks, Scott

The mission of GCA Centre for Adult Autism:
"Empowering the lives of autistic adults and young adults and their parents/caregivers by serving as a resource center to provide mutual support, information, and activities" in the Southeast USA
http://www.gcaspies.org

2nd Annual Southeast Adult Autism Symposium
- Early Bird online registration starts in late March 2018
- More information can be found at http://www.gcaspies.org/symposiumhomepage

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 1:46 pm

Any experiences with 'The San Francisco Adult Asperger Self Help Meetup' (AASHM)?
https://www.meetup.com/asperger/?_cooki ... N7zSMUX0UC

PamplemousseJus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2018, 5:17 pm

accountinglad wrote:
London anyone ?

Hi WP’ers

I’m new to the forum (thanks for being patient) and also living in London.

It seems like there have been a few previous London Meetup’s over the years ... and I keep following links only to find the discussion is about a specific Meetup from years back. :-(

Does anyone know of an active London - related thread on these forums?

If not how & where on this site can we create one?

We could use this not just for organizing Meetup’s but also for other London-related Aspie chat. I am on this forum because I’m trying to figure out life as an Aspie, don’t know any other Aspies and even though there must be lots of other Londoners at least somewhat like me (female, professional, high functioning, adult Aspie with a recent diagnosis) I can’t seem to find any active groups or organizations in London that would fit me... I’m guessing other London Aspies might be feeling similarly Lost & Confused...

Thanks!

acewarriorprincess
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jul 2018, 6:17 pm

any people from scotland :)

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Aug 2018, 2:50 pm

If anyones in London and would like to join a Meetup group which originated from this site.

Check out Informal Meetups for Autistic Adults http://meetu.ps/c/2Lgfl/zfVDr/d on Meetup

autiedidact
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Aug 2018, 8:16 pm

Are there any secular groups run by and for people on the spectrum in the Atlanta area? Googling yields nothing that meets either criterion, let alone both.

I got a formal dx a couple of months ago and have been slowly processing it. AS/ASD had been suspected for years but because some psych professionals took me seriously and some didn't, it was easy for me to stay somewhat in denial until I got a formal eval. I went into tech thinking it would eliminate the need to pass as NT to be able to survive. That assumption was only somewhat correct, unfortunately.