Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Dec 2017, 12:02 am

36/make/North Carolina

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 9:17 am

Did anyone ever make an English and Irish thread?

These seem to be missing seeing as there is a Welsh and Scottish one.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jun 2018, 5:55 pm

I think an English related discussion had been set up, but managed to get conflicting results. Otherwise, I will continue to look into one.

brightonpete
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2018, 4:17 pm

Perhaps there are enough Canadians in here to have one for Canada.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2018, 6:46 pm

Half the population has dwindled here and Canada has unfortunately been hit.

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

06 Sep 2019, 3:07 am

equestriatola wrote:
Is there a thread for those in the SoCal area (LA, OC, et al)?

UNRELATED: I had tried to start a thread about the return of American football in Health and Fitness, but so far no takers. Would dig learning more about the CFL and the sport in Canada in general. We used to have a league in the States that utilized the three down system, it was pretty cool!

RELATED: LA is one of my favorite places to visit! I loved the climate, culture, and the public transportation system. Great parks too!

“Politics is the art of controlling your environment.”
― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2019, 2:35 pm

Toy_Soldier wrote:
Hmmmm... I was thinking about starting a Autistic society for people not named Mike. People named Mike will be allowed to join, though they will not be able to use their real name at official society discussions and functions. To keep it simple all Mikes participating will be renamed Stan, but just for the duration of the meetings, etc.

Omg this is priceless.. Toysoldier keep up the good work btw , not named mike

where ever you go ,there you are

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2019, 7:26 am

This seriously causes one to wonder , about lifespan of ,people with A.S. diagnosis ?
Google does not give good outcomes on Aspies , being older ? Is there anyone out there , who has gotten past 60 yrs old ? More than 1 , am hoping .. HUGGZ

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 12:07 am

Jakki wrote:
This seriously causes one to wonder , about lifespan of ,people with A.S. diagnosis ?
Google does not give good outcomes on Aspies , being older ? Is there anyone out there , who has gotten past 60 yrs old ? More than 1 , am hoping .. HUGGZ
What it seems like half the members who post here are senior citizens? I think that once you work through your issues being an aspie doesn't necessarily impact your lifespan. But like we can't ignore the fact that people can be mentally ill also sorry for bumping 10 month old thread.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 12:13 pm

Pieplup wrote:
Jakki wrote:
What it seems like half the members who post here are senior citizens? I think that once you work through your issues being an aspie doesn't necessarily impact your lifespan. But like we can't ignore the fact that people can be mentally ill also sorry for bumping 10 month old thread.

You make good point on age and adjusted to being a aspie , , google citation did mention that many die accidentally at earlier age . ( possibly wonder if distractions and preoccupations , might take one out of their immediate circumstances allowing for something completely out of the norm being , what causes their demise. )

No so sure that. All older or middle aged Aspies are used to tending their health , unless there is a caregiver in the situation . Am glad to have found group of older ASD persons on this site . If nothing else , it lends a feeling of hope
For asd. Peeps to get older. My previous offsite acquaintances and research , did not reveal to me , any group of older Aspies .Prior to coming here.