Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

RosieLea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2012, 1:42 am

I've been cruising around here for a few days. I've made a few comments on other threads but I thought I would do the official introduction thing.

I'm not diagnosed and I doubt I ever will be, considering the cost and the hassle that seems to come with it.

I'm 29 years old, and always thought I was odd. I've toyed with the idea of being an aspie quite a lot (pretty much since I first found out what it was), but it wasn't until these past 4 months that i've taken a serious interest in the possibility. After spending a year living with roommates when I was 20 I decided that living with people was the worst thing ever and I bought a house when I was 21.

I lived alone for 7 years until I lost my job and was unable to pay my mortgage (which was upside-down in a major way anyway). I moved in with my boyfriend a few months ago. Up until that point we were long-distance (which suited me perfectly, to be honest). Now that I'm living with an NT guy who is actually a little hyper-social, I'm starting to realize how "odd" I really am.

I did some reading, took a bunch of online tests, and they put me on the border between aspie and NT, but then I read some articles about women and girls with asperger's, which rather cemented the idea that I'm very likely a high-functioning aspie. There is diagnosed autism in my extended family on my mom's side, and my dad's brother is a very stereotypical aspie male, though he's not diagnosed either and has probably never even considered it (he's in his 50's). So I feel like the genetic possibilities are pretty good as well.

I've been very stressed about a lot of things since my move--problems with my new job and co-workers, difficulties with every person and event I get dragged around to, and it's kind of a relief for me to have a probable cause for some of my issues.

I like it here so far. It's nice to be around people who are similar to myself.

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 2:09 am

Welcome.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 2:30 am

Welcome :)

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 3:26 pm

Hello and welcome. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 6:57 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 8:35 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AliTatt
Raven
Raven

05 Feb 2012, 6:10 am

Heya, welcome to WP!

My boyfriend and I were also long-distance and I moved in with him and family on the other side of the world xD I understand the weirdness of realizing just HOW different you are from them. Him and his mum figured out I had AS before even I knew ( though, pretty sure most of my family and friends figured that out years ago). My father has many traits of AS so I figure I got that from him :p

Your Aspie score: 158 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 56 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

RosieLea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Feb 2012, 4:39 pm

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

AliTatt--

You're brave to move so far away--I'm only 100 miles from where I started. I figure most of my aspie-ness stems from my dad's side as well. I think all of them have some symptoms, but they all seem to have other issues as well. My dad is considered 'the normal one' because he managed to leave home and get married.