How many of you are on OKcupid?

Page 38 of 38 [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 2:51 am

Ford302 wrote:
Eharmony= lots of nice but very plain or unattractive and/or obese women. Met 4 women 4-5 years ago. Not attracted to any of them. I was on a total of about 18 months. I won't go back again.
Match= not quite as bad as eharmony but didn't get a single date. Very very few messages. I was on about 15 months.
POF= since about March. I think 99.99% of all the good looking women got married before they were 30 and the rest have either never married or have married/divorced and gained 100 or more pounds. I think a lot of women's looks go away between ages 40 and 45. I can't kiss or marry a woman I'm not attracted to. I have gotten very few messages from women that don't interest me and that is it.
Okcupid= about 2 months now. More messages from more women I'm not attracted to and/or they are obese. Obesity in women is a HUGE turn off to me (no pun intended).
I'm not really sure what I see that is worse: dealing with the IRS, getting my teeth drilled, or trying to end this state of being single and lonely.

You need to move to a different city. Chicago is not that far from you. In MN, you are going to get nothing but obese women, too many guys competing for the few who are not obese. Even if you land one, you will be lucky if she isn't trouble. Makes me wonder why the obese ones don't just stop being obese. I know there was a discussion about that subject in another thread, but I don't accept that it's "too hard" unless the person has a gland issue. Things are not "too hard" when someone gives a s**t. I have had very little luck with online dating outside NY, Toronto and Chicago. I'm sure there are cities in California with a decent selection as well. Edit: Also Washington, DC.

At your age, perhaps the most prudent thing to do would actually be to join one of those Anastasia Russian bride "trips". No, I'm serious. They need a guy without the Russian baggage and you need a woman without the American baggage. Match made in heaven.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 5:29 am

MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:

I don't think you really can.

I don't see the point of it then...as it's not very good at navigation.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

19 Sep 2012, 5:19 pm

I just joined..... sorry to bring this up again.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 7:36 pm

I set up a profile not too long ago, it's actually gone pretty well for me. Already met someone in person and things are going well, going to his place on Saturday. Exciting! Also met a few new friends/penpals/etc.

Here's my profile if anyone's curious.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 11:08 pm

Rorberyllium wrote:
I set up a profile not too long ago, it's actually gone pretty well for me. Already met someone in person and things are going well, going to his place on Saturday. Exciting! Also met a few new friends/penpals/etc.

Here's my profile if anyone's curious.

Had a view of your profile, it's pretty good and eccentric which stands out from a majority of generic profiles. I agree about living in a city as well, in my area there aren't many members that are active but new members do join up from the Kent area so there's always someone new.

Here's my profile if anyone wants to check it out.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 11:13 pm

I have my profile set to block people more than 75 miles from me.

Not trying to need to mount an expedition to go on a date.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 11:14 pm

thewhitrbbit wrote:
I have my profile set to block people more than 75 miles from me.

Not trying to need to mount an expedition to go on a date.

I must admit 75 miles is still a long way to travel for a date and I doubt it would travel that far unless there was a real connection online with the girl first.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 12:08 am

how long do you guys usually talk to girls before asking them to hang out....with some girls i wait too long and they become disinterested..then i as others immediately and they call me a creep lol.

In the end it doesn't matter bc any first dates ive had , ive never gotten a second lol.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 12:14 am

wtfid2 wrote:
how long do you guys usually talk to girls before asking them to hang out....with some girls i wait too long and they become disinterested..then i as others immediately and they call me a creep lol.

In the end it doesn't matter bc any first dates ive had , ive never gotten a second lol.

Get a decent conversation or two, get their number and ask for a date. Sounds tough but keep trying, that's why building an emotional connection is better than a physical one but online dating is so based on physical attraction that it makes it more difficult to build a connection based on personality.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 2:22 am

Wolfheart wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:

Get a decent conversation or two, get their number and ask for a date. Sounds tough but keep trying, that's why building an emotional connection is better than a physical one but online dating is so based on physical attraction that it makes it more difficult to build a connection based on personality.

I agree with "decent conversation or two". If I chat for too long with a guy, I'll lose interest, but I don't want him to ask me out when all we have discussed is what we do for work and fun and not really gotten to the point where I can judge the person by the way they "talk", if that makes sense.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 3:09 am

some girls give me their number the first night which is a turn off lol..kinda desperate...these other two girls that are decent looking and seem cool ive been talking to for a few days. They are jewish as am i so have been a little busy. I had to lie and say i celebrated the holiday(im jewish as well). To be honest I am not very religious unless it involves presents lol.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

ALguy1957
Raven
Raven

20 Sep 2012, 4:48 am

I'm on it but never met anyone on that site. Most women that view or even flirt me never respond to a message, or lose interest after a few messages. I had the best luck on POF (met 6 in person), met 2 on singlesnet, and one on DateHookup. DH seems pretty promising. It has good active forums including a disabiltiy forum. Already found a few aspie women in there. (but not local). I even had a few honest replies on Craigslist. But less than 1 out of 100 are real.

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 7:02 am

Wow, OkCupid!!

I was there eight years ago.

It's a smart site.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 3:08 pm

i've been on it for a year now