How many of you are on OKcupid?

Page 37 of 38 [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 7:13 pm

GoldCoinLover wrote:
I'm on OKcupid. Pretty much given up on that stupid website and all dating in general. I guess something on my profile screams out "unconfident" or "nerdy!" or "red flag! stay away!" or something because even if most women there are very shallow, (or some, at least), I am in good shape and it doesn't attract shallow women anyway. Not that I want that at all, but I haven't gotten a PM back or any interest from anyone there for over a year, despite messaging people many, many times. (different people)

My profile must be like that too! I probably come across as lacking confidence (even though my profile sounds more like a jock than a nerd). I honestly would like to know what the %@#$# women want because when I changed my profile to fit an "ideal" profile, I went from little interest to none. I'm reminded of Bertrand Russell's quote from 1950 as it's more relevant than ever:

The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.

I know the few successful players on dating sites tell me woman are only good to "f*** and chuck" on these sites and tell me they just put whatever the women want to hear. I'm cursed with being honest and respectful I suppose. Again, I get plenty of people who say I'm a great catch, but they are universally much older and married. I've also noticed all the men I know that are eternally single are all great people who treat everyone they meet with respect. They probably would make excellent fathers too and one is VERY well off financially. Like one young woman recently told me: "You think men don't know what women want? Women don't know what women want!"

I highly recommend getting off-line if if you have any interest in gaining confidence or having a positive attitude towards young women. I am honestly shocked by how shallow, egotistical and rude almost all women are on these sites are and the incredible sense of entitlement they possess. I gave up at age 22 because the woman were so immature but 8 years later they are just as bad. For crying out loud, some of these women are in their 30's and STILL haven't grown up and *we* are supposed to be the later bloomers!

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 7:28 pm

Found my bf there. :heart:
Had to kiss a few frogs first.
I worked so hard on my profile- almost a shame to delete it.
I hid a bunch of TNG references in it. :lol:
That, and my love of philosophy, politics, and study of the human condition.
I also quoted Nietszche and Walt Whitman a few times, I think.

>.>

to his Interest."

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 7:43 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
I worked so hard on my profile- almost a shame to delete it.

You could always just save the webpage. That way when you delete it, you will still have the page as a reminder. I keep some old stuff like that for nostalgia purposes.

Now to answer the question of the thread. No, I'm not on OKcupid and doubt I will be. I dislike dating sites in general, just makes the whole process seem a bit forced to an extent. Plus, having to go to lengths to make myself seem pleasing to strangers doesn't appeal to me. Also, due to being male I would most likely have to initiate all contact, and most likely be rejected as woman would most likely have a number of men to choose from.

MindAsh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jul 2012, 2:53 am

found that site to be utterly useless and full of people who are about as intelligent as rocks..

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 3:00 am

MindAsh wrote:
found that site to be utterly useless and full of people who are about as intelligent as rocks..

I find that site has the most intelligent people out of any site I've tried. I've tried a few.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 5:00 am

Desukani wrote:
MXH wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
Those forums were SCARY!! You think WP has a bunch of immature jerks? That place was loaded with trolls!

I'm lucky I escaped with my skin! :D

I always say as hard headed as some are here its still loads better than most forums

you havent really met the lowest of the low on there until youve encountered [named redacted because he's probably prone to googling himself a lot].
But yeah, i think you gotta have some pretty tough skin to deal with those forums though.

Oh no! Please don't mention that name, he might join here! :lol:

I don't think the forums are all that tough. it just seems like a barn full of funny animals to me.

mattron
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jul 2012, 7:53 am

IM on OK cupid, havent had much luck

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 8:27 am

Is it strange to say that I tried that website out and found stranger people then what you would find abnormal here? 8O

Some girl from California is stalking my profile now. :cry:

Strange really as she's not exactly my type, plus shouldn't she be looking for Californians and not Mancunians?

May try Aspie Affection, as I know they'll have a better idea on what they want.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 10:10 am

I don't get why girls from the Phillipines, etc, check out my profile... prospecting for Canadian citizenship??

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 10:12 am

Agreed with GiantHockeyFan and GoldCoinLover. And the worst part is, it doesn't seem to get better later on either.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 11:20 am

BlueMax wrote:
I don't get why girls from the Phillipines, etc, check out my profile... prospecting for Canadian citizenship??

I thought that but I also get visitors from 'rich' countries like Germany and USA. I think it's got to do with the fact they are just looking at the tall guys in my situation. Not for a relationship, just to see if I really exist. Last time I checked it did.

mattron
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jul 2012, 1:48 pm

Im on Ok cupid but I seem to be having more luck on aspergers dating site and autistic dating site

http://www.autisticdating.net/

http://www.aspergersdatingsite.com

I still find all three of these websites have mostly members who are never online and most of them live in the UK or California and since I live in Ontario it's very distant but I still think online chat works.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 1:58 pm

BlueMax wrote:

If you were a woman in the Philippines (or Russia), you too would be hitting up online dating sites for American/Canadian guys. This is for a number of reasons, in what I think in most cases is descending order of importance:

1. Much higher likelihood of finding a decent guy who is stable and treats you well. The competition for these types of guys in second/third world countries is fierce.
2. Get yourself out of poverty.
3. Raise your future kids in a cleaner, more advanced country.

All of these reasons are serious, and justify drastic action like moving around the world to be with a guy you haven't met.

There are also a few who might run the whole thing as a moneymaking scam.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 2:50 pm

Okay, how the hell do you navigate the Aspie Affections search site?

It's horrible in terms of half loading and stuff...

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 3:24 pm

CrazyStarlightRedux wrote:
Okay, how the hell do you navigate the Aspie Affections search site?

It's horrible in terms of half loading and stuff...

I don't think you really can.

Ford302
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2012, 2:04 am

Eharmony= lots of nice but very plain or unattractive and/or obese women. Met 4 women 4-5 years ago. Not attracted to any of them. I was on a total of about 18 months. I won't go back again.
Match= not quite as bad as eharmony but didn't get a single date. Very very few messages. I was on about 15 months.
POF= since about March. I think 99.99% of all the good looking women got married before they were 30 and the rest have either never married or have married/divorced and gained 100 or more pounds. I think a lot of women's looks go away between ages 40 and 45. I can't kiss or marry a woman I'm not attracted to. I have gotten very few messages from women that don't interest me and that is it.
Okcupid= about 2 months now. More messages from more women I'm not attracted to and/or they are obese. Obesity in women is a HUGE turn off to me (no pun intended).
I'm not really sure what I see that is worse: dealing with the IRS, getting my teeth drilled, or trying to end this state of being single and lonely.