Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

rhubarbnocustard
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Apr 2005, 4:19 am

gwynfryn wrote:
Vetivert, for example, ... uniformly devious, and ... resolutely anti-Aspie.

Burn the Witch

Tom Waits

Noetic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2005, 5:13 am

vetivert wrote:
and a question - why do so many people have a propblem with the Meyer criteria? a genuine question, as i'd like to know.

Personally, the only problem I have is that they uniformly describe secondary aspects, many of which can be found it lots of people, NTs, Aspies and all.

Without any gauge (for example, saying "If you share X out of Y, you have a lot of similarities with AS"), it is easy to think "Okay, so what, just because someone has a few similar personality traits, they automatically have AS?".

You need to see the thing in context, look at it as a collection of aspects and traits that seem to be quite common among Aspies, rather than a definitive list or something where checking the odd box means you "qualify" for AS, and then it makes sense.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2005, 2:54 pm

rhubarbnocustard wrote:
Burn the Witch

is this directed at me, rhubarbnocustard?

rhubarbnocustard
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Apr 2005, 3:18 pm

Don't start pretending to be reasonable now. I have it on good authority that you are uniformly devious.

:wink:

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2005, 3:22 pm

So... if she weighs as much as a duck... then she's made of wood! And therefore...

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2005, 3:54 pm

bloody big duck...

gwynfryn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2005, 6:45 pm

Duncvis, it seems to me my first post on this thread has been edited! Quite apart from the fact that it's against international copyright law (I hope, Nuttdan, that you are paying attention; it's the site owner who pays the fine, not the "moderator") I would like to think that WP is a place where people can post without taking an advance copy?

Speaking of witch, especially given the poor turnout on this thread; has no one else noticed the style similarity between vetivert and rhubarbnocustard...but what the hell; I've given up on other sites, but up until now I'd taken WP to be at least "open" but I'm not sure about anything right now. So tell me Dan, Alex, am I wasting my time visiting your site?

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2005, 7:16 pm

gwynfryn wrote:
Duncvis, it seems to me my first post on this thread has been edited! Quite apart from the fact that it's against international copyright law (I hope, Nuttdan, that you are paying attention; it's the site owner who pays the fine, not the "moderator") I would like to think that WP is a place where people can post without taking an advance copy?

Speaking of witch, especially given the poor turnout on this thread; has no one else noticed the style similarity between vetivert and rhubarbnocustard...but what the hell; I've given up on other sites, but up until now I'd taken WP to be at least "open" but I'm not sure about anything right now. So tell me Dan, Alex, am I wasting my time visiting your site?

Eh? 8O

I am somewhat puzzled Gwynfryn. Could you please let me know which part of this post is missing or altered, and it shall be restored, as I have not altered your post:
Gwynfryn wrote:
Alex, it's a sound idea! A well-meaning "aspie" site should strive for such a thing, and one would think a site full of "Aspies" would work together for such a conclusion?

Regrettably, there's no clear definition, and there are so many people, like Vetivert, for example, who pretend to be reasonable, but who are uniformly devious, and who are resolutely anti-Aspie...

I would hope that WP, at least, is a pro-Aspie site?

As for the rhubarb=vetivert suggestion, perhaps they can answer that one from their separate IP addresses. :roll:

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2005, 8:08 pm

From Ghosthunter......>

You might be an Asperg if...

You honestly loved the plot twists on the Matrix sequels...
(No!)-But I did enjoy the logic of Matrix one

Doctor Frankenstein sees your study and runs screaming; begging for forgiveness from God.
(Yes!)-Don't let him see my Scottish Coin Study, or "No! Dr.Frankenstein don't jump out of the window"

You cannot bring yourself to throw out a computer...
(Definely Yes)-Worse yet adopting unloved ones as a pet!

You re-adapt those awful 'Redneck' jokes to an even lamer format...
(Yes)-And don't ask me to do Shakespear!

You use self-referential humour so often people ask where your webcomic is.
(Huh?)
..Back to top

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2005, 2:04 am

good lord - not only am i uniformly devious and anti-aspie, but i am now two separate people. what a voyage of self-discovery this is turning out to be.

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Apr 2005, 6:00 pm

Are you a railfan? 8)

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2005, 1:27 am

i have no idea - what's a railfan? 8O

gwynfryn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2005, 6:36 pm

duncvis wrote:
gwynfryn wrote:

Eh? 8O

I am somewhat puzzled Gwynfryn. Could you please let me know which part of this post is missing or altered, and it shall be restored, as I have not altered your post:
Gwynfryn wrote:
Alex, it's a sound idea! A well-meaning "aspie" site should strive for such a thing, and one would think a site full of "Aspies" would work together for such a conclusion?

Regrettably, there's no clear definition, and there are so many people, like Vetivert, for example, who pretend to be reasonable, but who are uniformly devious, and who are resolutely anti-Aspie...

I would hope that WP, at least, is a pro-Aspie site?

As for the rhubarb=vetivert suggestion, perhaps they can answer that one from their separate IP addresses. :roll:

Dunc

Cute! But how could I, as a mere visiting member, possibly provide IP addresses? And if two such trolls should agree to share their addresses, well each would have two possible locations...and if each should pay for, and aree to share two IPs... (which is not a great expense for two ungainfully employed persons) well each could have four personalities at their disposal...so what are you saying duncvis, and why are you defending people who are so clearly anti autism?

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2005, 6:45 pm

What I am saying Gwynfryn, is that the idea smacks of a conspiracy theory. Vetivert is a personal friend of mine, and I cannot understand why you view either her or rhubarb as clearly anti-autism, as I have never formed that impression. Please refrain from shouting 'Troll' please, it just makes you come across as though you have a personal axe to grind, which somewhat undermines the intent of your original proposal in terms of its credibility.

Dunc

FOR THE HORDE!

gwynfryn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2005, 7:08 pm

duncvis wrote:
What I am saying Gwynfryn, is that the idea smacks of a conspiracy theory. Vetivert is a personal friend of mine, and I cannot understand why you view either her or rhubarb as clearly anti-autism, as I have never formed that impression. Please refrain from shouting 'Troll' please, it just makes you come across as though you have a personal axe to grind, which somewhat undermines the intent of your original proposal in terms of its credibility.

Dunc

I have no axe to grind dunc, I'm merely pointing out that organisations like yours are trying to portray "autism" as a problem, and it's no surprise to me that vetivert is friend of yours; this has been evident for a long time!

Unlike your kind, I would live and let live, but you will clearly settle for nothing less than the extremination of Aspies lilke me!

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2005, 7:14 pm

I don't get you. I AM an aspie. Why would I want to see you wiped out? And what shadowy organisation are you talking about? WrongPlanet is a community site, there is no hidden agenda here. As for my friendship with Vetivert, it isnt exactly a secret lol - doesnt the nick 'morgvis' suggest a connection? 8O

I'm going to stop responding now I think.

Dunc

FOR THE HORDE!