What are some movies that fail to hold the test of time.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2012, 10:09 pm

Movies that you liked the first time you saw them, but you revisited later and wondered what the heck you were thinking?

I am thinking all the movies based on Michael Crichton novels.
Kevin Smith movies.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2012, 10:40 pm

I hope you're not talking about Jurassic Park! That movie's still awesome, and still has the best dinosaurs I've yet to see in a movie or television show.

That does make me think of Independence Day, though. It's enjoyable, but it was seen as pretty fantastic when it came out and it no longer seems to be so; it's simply entertaining.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2012, 12:20 am

I hope that the movies I love now will still be special to me in the future.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2012, 5:17 am

i believe that "smokey and the bandit" must seem to the younger [Y and millenial] generations as if it were made by martians for martians- "CB radios, what were those things?" "55 mph speed limit/double nickel- how stoned age!"
also, "spirit of '76" is another one that the young 'uns among us fail to appreciate, and it will only seem yet more foreign to their children. "who was that david cassidy guy with the long hair?"
and i gotta mention "the net" - no millenial or their children will recognize that version of the internet.

jstrewth
Toucan
Toucan

10 Feb 2012, 11:39 am

Tron.

I was actually going to see Tron: Legacy when it came out, but I made the mistake of watching the original first. I immediately got my money back from the advance ticket I purchased.

Endinglignt
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Feb 2012, 1:31 pm

Power rangers I used to follow them daily now I look back thinking " wait. What?" I still say the 1st was the best.

As for movies that do not hold up to time. Any horror movie. Thanks to cell phones, gps and yelp ends half the plots. Drugs to skip the dream levels of rim sleep and drugs to change moods so demons that live on fear or sadness will die...